Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:19:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2131 times)
Minionnn

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:57:51 AM

I am sure this is possible. Professional hackers can steal your bitcoin. For example, they create an intermediate page to lead to myetherwallet. You are not careful, you go to that page. The hacker will save the wallet file and password. Then they will steal your bitcoin in many ways.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:01:17 AM

It will be so difficult for someone to use trial by error to guess correctly any private key. It may take you months to even get a valid ether wallet private key. I noticed that any figure of alphabet you altered in the private key sequence will take you to an account that is virgin and nothing in it. Over time you will get tired and forsake it.
ologoff

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:03:06 AM

Everything can be stolen, digital or not... you have to be careful and study
Daisy Smith

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:45:30 AM

Yes, they can be stolen but its nearly impossible to do that. Bitcoins uses SHA256 algorithm and public key cryptography. A private key is required to use the bitcoins stored in an address (public key).
Chopmoney

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:52:22 AM

Yes of course somebody could steal your bitcoin if you give your password and private key to others. So be careful not to give even show your private key to others,make it secret,private and safe. It is also possible someone steal your bitcoin if they are a professional hacker or if you click a phishing sites.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:00:25 AM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

theft can happen but can be avoided and anticipated safer with ourselves be careful to open the site that we do not know for now I change my password regularly
For sure begin careful is our way to protect out bitcoin from hacking and stealing, but now the % of bitcoin hacking has become almost 0% because bitcoin has a lot of wallets which keeps our bitcoin safe from hackers, wallet will give you private key which is your whole safety, you will have to keep it safe and don’t share it with anyone, so I am using blockchain which is safe and easy to use.
happistarjp

Activity: 76

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 09:03:05 AM

I think it is possible. There are a lot of internet hackers, and Bitcoin is pretty hot in their eyes.
jhache

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:20:17 AM

Of course someone can steal your Bitcoins but not the way you are saying but by hacking or scamming someone. As trying to crack a private key isn't possible with the current hardware in the world. The person trying to crack is most likely going to need a quantum computer to even think about trying to crack a private key and steal someones bitcoins from it.

Khammurr

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:22:42 AM

Hi everyone

As an investor or trader of Cryptos such as BTC, which is the best kind of hardware wallet to keep your Crypto secure? I'm not really worried about the wallet being hacked or anything since I'm aware of the lifetime it takes to crack the code of the keys. Taking into account things such the risk of losing physical wallets, I'd like to know which wallet to invest in

Look forward to your response
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:26:06 AM

I think it is possible. There are a lot of internet hackers, and Bitcoin is pretty hot in their eyes.

Theoretically, it is possible. However, in practice it is very difficult to do. It would take so much time that it would be completely pointless. Too many combinations to encrypt. It's easier to steal a private key or seed by phishing.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
applejoyrs

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:34:42 AM

Do not worry, bitcoins cannot be stolen just by knowing a bitcoin wallet address. In fact, your "bitcoin wallet address" is a public address that is actually designed to be shared with others! While maintaining optimal security of your account is always advised, your wallet address is a receive only address, and cannot be used to send bitcoin. Additionally, "Bitcoin India" pools your bitcoin in different (cold) wallets so as to protect the anonymity of the user and your total wallet amount.

tayecrypto

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:45:51 AM

Definitely yes,  there are many dangerous hackers out there hacking into people's account (private or public) after using malicious link to collect there information..then  wipe all your savings.. I always advice people to use GA on there accounts and not use one passwords for all accounts.
Brightcrypto

Activity: 105

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:49:21 AM

Some one to steal your bitcoin is under statement, because as long it has access to your wallet as a hacker, every thing we gone, including gas. You should be careful and secure your wallet, by using a strong password
tayecrypto

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:50:34 AM

Hi everyone

As an investor or trader of Cryptos such as BTC, which is the best kind of hardware wallet to keep your Crypto secure? I'm not really worried about the wallet being hacked or anything since I'm aware of the lifetime it takes to crack the code of the keys. Taking into account things such the risk of losing physical wallets, I'd like to know which wallet to invest in

Look forward to your response

Ledger Nano is good and secure..you can order it from there website or Amazon..and always make sure you write your back up letters out and save it in your files.
BitRentXx

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:01:15 AM

Yes it is possible, I have experienced it. Although it's just stealing altcoin but for me that means, it was the result of my hard work during the signature campaign and when I tried to sell it, the coins were sent but I did not get my money. And when your wallet is hacked you can only accept it sincerely.
DavitRoi

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:55:44 PM

No it is not to easy for anyone want to steal bitcoin,but the main security depends on users how they use their account. Otherwise it is safe than other currency.
Ondongeric18

Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:08:07 PM

I heard this is possible. But the problem is it would take so much time to decrypt the hidden key. No one would spent so much time just to get a working private key. There is risk in this method. Given that you can do this, you will be creating a traffic that can be seen as a threat in the network which means you can be traced for doing so. As a result maybe you can be put to jail even before finally recovering the bitcoin you want to steal.

▐ ██████ ▌》    SONDER.VISION       《▐ ██████ ▌
HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:13:44 PM

Nope, unless you are careless or save your private keys or what ever is there to access in public or not in personal you will lose your BTC or any kind of internet of things. Firstly you need to keep your wallet safe and a hardware wallet is very secured compared to any wallet, then you need to store your wallet keys or password with utmost care and privacy to keep your BTC safe for years.

I don't think hackers can steal BTC with any other means since BTC transactions takes place with many blocks to confirm.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:17:02 PM

I never lost the bitcoin I had in 2016. well, I forgot to use what wallet, but I lost about 0.2 BTC. it's probably because I am logged on a phishing site. well, it really makes me not fall asleep, although at that time the price is not so high.
sergio-faucetbitcoin

Activity: 346

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 05:21:44 PM

Somebody can steal your Bitcoins but it's almost impossible it happens the way you said it. You are more likely to get your Bitcoin stolen from an exchange or because somebody found your private key.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: