Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:36:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2130 times)
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:21:01 PM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

That 52 combination-maker-programs seems to Sci-Fi idea for me. And I think those wallets have more security than that private key like they can limit the trials that the key is being input in the wallet. I believe that even if there is that program exists, it will take a very, very long time to crack a 52 factorial key. So I guess we are safe with our unique private keys and wallets.

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wasaisi

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:28:05 PM

It could be if you are not careful in storing the wallet correctly. Because hackers are now increasingly adept at breaking the wallet whose security is not too tight. So maybe you should activate 2FA Aunthenticator.
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:32:05 AM

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

Regards!

not only bitcoin i think, any coins you can try too. for example private key of ethereum.
but the combination of the private key result is very very many. if it has 52 chars, then 16^52 combinations totals.
16 = (0-9) & (A-F), 52 = length of private key.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Lakshitha1977

Activity: 42
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:49:36 AM

One of the most unfortunate downside of any wallet on the internet is it's hackable at one point. If we want to keep using a online wallet best thing to do is activate 2 factor authorization, SMS alert and email alert options .

But the safest way is to use a hardware wallet, even it cost a bit much, if someone wallet has over 1 BTC using a hardware wallet is highly recommended.

ZENODYS.com ││ Making every digital asset just a drag and drop away
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:17:26 AM

I think it can happen if you keep your private key in public places and many people can see it, so you better not keep the assets you have in a place like that and keep it in a very safe place.
Lucifers

Activity: 107
Merit: 36

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:20:32 AM

If the hacker does intend to take your BTC it's possible. Because each hacker has different capabilities.
yron51

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:25:59 AM

Yes like hacker that can hack any sites that i recommend to prevent stealing in your btc is use hardware wallet like trezor and ledger for Better security to protect and prevent your btc
3rrr angels

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:41:36 AM

Regards!

Yes, everyone of us can be a victim of stealing of our bitcoin so before it will  happen to us we should ensure proper safekeeping of our private keys and number of know should be limited only to 1 person.
manismanja

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:52:38 AM

in general should not be stolen bitcoin or stolen because I see bitcoin has a very high level of security and bitcoin also has to connect directly with your device that is difficult to be stolen.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:16:50 AM

Regards!

Yes, everyone of us can be a victim of stealing of our bitcoin so before it will  happen to us we should ensure proper safekeeping of our private keys and number of know should be limited only to 1 person.

Someone may think of using such softwares and there are such i think though wallets keys themselves are pretty random aside from your private keys. The hacker would have to put in a huge amount of time and effort for them to hack an unknown wallet which they don:t even know if it contains a lot of bitcoins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
DisWhale

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

Improve your mode of payment with crypto

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 08:34:03 AM

The full autonomy of Bitcoin lies in the hands of the holder. You choose to treat your data anyhow and you end up been stolen. Prevent the entries of unknown web-links and never copy your login details to your email (never safe in there).
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:36:54 AM

everything can happen on the internet. even some exchanger ever hacked and all the assets that are there in stolen. so, there is still the possibility that the bitcoin we have will be stolen if we are not careful.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
troglobait

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:39:56 AM

Personally, I'm most afraid for the fact that bitcoins can be taken away with the help of physical strength. Someone will penetrate your house and break your head and forcibly force you to transfer bitcoin. Due to the anonymity of the system, the criminal can not be found once.
sergiom

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:47:40 AM

You can always be caught in some fishing schemes or something, your private key can be t=stolen from your PC by RAT, so be careful
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:49:05 AM

everything can happen on the internet. even some exchanger ever hacked and all the assets that are there in stolen. so, there is still the possibility that the bitcoin we have will be stolen if we are not careful.
And yeah anyhow from time to time.. the more it's known and more popular.. the more the people who will intend badly on that, here we really must be able to overcome all things that smell negative one of them avoid theft with own initiatives as carefully as possible.
maryjaysblog

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:50:34 AM

Regards!

This may not be so possible ..... beyond the private key each user have other credentials... how to you match every detail? Google authenticators can further help to protect your wallet.

anthonydav

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:51:10 AM

Personally, I'm most afraid for the fact that bitcoins can be taken away with the help of physical strength. Someone will penetrate your house and break your head and forcibly force you to transfer bitcoin. Due to the anonymity of the system, the criminal can not be found once.

But the anonymity is the key in all areas of life.
Wealth attracts thieves and that's why all of that movie stars/ rich dudes have bodyguards and fancy security systems.
On the other hand you can easily be BTC -rich and nobody will know.
Just don't be a show off and everything will be ok.
Or hire bodyguards.
taranbam

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:34:58 AM

Of course, you can steal your bitcoins, in our time there is simply a colloquial wry program for hacking wallets and hackers who can use them. Current hackers have bases of hundreds of terabytes. If someone will invent a way to secure the purse - at once the way of its hacking will be invented!
Roadarks02

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:54:00 AM

Of course, you can steal your bitcoins, in our time there is simply a colloquial wry program for hacking wallets and hackers who can use them. Current hackers have bases of hundreds of terabytes. If someone will invent a way to secure the purse - at once the way of its hacking will be invented!

Yes it is possible that someone could steal your btc simply because hackers now a days would do everything just to steal your btc. In fact hackers would create a program that looks like your wallet to steal. We all know that Bitcoin is build in a blockchain technology but hackers will do everything just to hack your btc.
yvuj101

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:55:49 AM

99.9% he will fail, that's a lot of combination to encrypt there's no way he can get a lucky combination of private key for a BTC address. atleast not in our time.

It is possible because there is a private key hacked, but here in Bitcoin not easy to steal has composed of long character to be more safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: