Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:31:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2130 times)
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:00:35 AM

For me, I won't say it is not possible because the mind of man is very great and could achieve what is set to with time, but the question is does it what it, even after generating the private keys, how is he/she sure there would be money inside the address, so the chance of that happening is very low IMO
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amadorj76

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:03:25 AM

Personally, I'm most afraid for the fact that bitcoins can be taken away with the help of physical strength. Someone will penetrate your house and break your head and forcibly force you to transfer bitcoin. Due to the anonymity of the system, the criminal can not be found once.

I don't think people will do that kind of thing, to the point of breaking your house just to get your bitcoin? I think hackers can do better and can take whatever coins you have if they hack your account.
Kimchu kuno

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:04:24 AM

99.9% he will fail, that's a lot of combination to encrypt there's no way he can get a lucky combination of private key for a BTC address. atleast not in our time.

No one can steal my BTC unless I forget to log out my hourly paid computer careful needed.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 05:08:21 PM

There is very very very very rare * 999999999 chances of hacking our wallet by this way and hence hackers usually try the easier way that is hacking the exchange database. Thus it is strongly recommended not to keep funds or private keys online in any case. Even if you are taking all the security precautions from your side, you never know how secure is the back end so one should hold his funds offline.
dominional

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 05:17:43 PM

Can somebody steal your btc? Yes it is possible if you present your private key to them free of charge without a problem. It is very had to  steal or enter into someone acct without the permission of the owner. Plz dont release ur private key for 1 million dollars. Private key is very essential.

▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃
azisdoank

Activity: 171

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:17:57 PM

well i think there are nobody who can protect themselves from professional hackers if they decided to hunt you. Even big exchanges such as bitfinex encountered hacking a few years back and so how much to those single individuals. But as long as you have not a large amount of bitcoin then there is no worry  from professional hackers since they are only targeting those who have huge bitcoins and  So there's nothing impossible for hackers to steal coins in your wallet, my advice is not to save too many coins, sell and exchange with fiat money when prices soar
soraxas01

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:20:18 PM

We put btc in a wallet and in that wallet you need your private key and passphrase unless someone gets a hold of both of those you are technically safe with your bitcoin. But there are special cases such as transaction between bitcoins that can lead to scamming in which they can scam and steal it from you.
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:55:26 PM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 5ose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

There is still a chance of butcoin being breached and hacked. However, with the latest technology it would be near to impossible to hack bitcoin. Moreover, one may argue that bitcoin is stealable cryptocurrency however, most case of bitcoin getting stolen is resulted by human error and poor decision-making skills leading to the loss of priced investment mostly caused by negligence.
pekcoin01

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 06:18:36 PM

This is possible. The most dangerous people in the age of technology hackers. Hackers exploded many stock market sites. Many people stole their accounts. We need to increase the security of cyber with technology. Crypto money really makes a lot of money.
PaulTrace

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:30:56 PM

A large number of people use bitcoin if they find it risky then it would never be so popular.
putra daerah

Activity: 127

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:31:39 PM

if in my opinion can, with the security that has been applied in bitcoin and in your wallet is already qualified and has been tested security.
but there is still one that allows others to steal your coin, which is to know your private key when you are negligent.
vending

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:42:02 PM

I think, if someone wants to steal a bitcoin it seems that it is not possible. In that case there is already a blockhain system, where this system will not be broken by hecker. unless we send btc wrong, that is with the wrong address, from me hopefully useful.
King money

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:45:56 PM

If you are not careful with your wallet and stuffa then you are bound to get stolen from. But as far as I have known, there was no incident with bitcoin being stolen directly. Only those from wallets and irresponsible owners have experience being stolen from or scammed.

I think as long as you do not have a large amount of bitcoin then there is no concern from professional hackers because they only target those who have large bitcoins. But even if we are not the target of a big hacking group, we can still be the victims of a simple hacker if you're not careful.
No one can protect themselves from professional hackers if they decide to hunt you down. Even big bourses like bitfinex experienced hacking a few years ago and so many things for the individuals.
roni12345

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:55:08 PM

We can't ignore the professional hackers. So we have to make sure that our data or wallet will be safe. We have to be a strong security to protect our wallet and computer.
dedet

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:29:35 PM

I think if we do not make a fatal mistake. then all will be fine. and do not fill in the parts of the request to provide a private key.

letzdodiz

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:45:16 PM

Obviously taking is conceivable. It's only that there are distinctive cases that it can happen. Private keys are made for security. Each code is exceptionally one of a kind and odds of taking are little yet in the event that you are the person who lost your private keys or even overlooked it then I think losing it through disregard or losing it by sharing your private keys to somebody resembles really the same. I think better picked losing it by the shot you can't recollect it than being stolen. In the event that you coins are lost then it will add to bitcoins esteem yet in the event that it is stole.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:29:44 PM

yes, one can steal your bitcoin, it happens daily. that is why emphasis has been laid on security and also one should be extremely careful with login details and informations because hackers are sending mails anf links to mails daily. one just has to be careful
tanginamoo

Activity: 276
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:40:21 AM

I think if we do not make a fatal mistake. then all will be fine. and do not fill in the parts of the request to provide a private key.
Indeed, it depends on the carefullness of the holder itself. If the holder take care of their privacy then in lessen the possibility of bejng scammed.

gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:49:59 AM

it could be but it will take any long long long time to solve this because the private key is the combination from letter and number and its random it doesn't have the pattern, maybe it will check trillions of possibilities to check it and of course it will take a very long time

jobel

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:45:17 AM

Yes probably because sometimes ? People get jealos that why they use to block meal you . So that you cant protect everything you have because that's the world works. Some people are not contented on what they have.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: