Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:23:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2130 times)
bad_apple

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:13:21 AM

Yes, anybody have the capability to steal your belongings, specifically your BTC. There are many ways on how to do such crime such as hacking, ransomwares, phising, social engineering, and the like. Study the basics of cybersecurity to know the countermeasures to do to prevent this phenomena.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:01:36 AM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

maybe you are talking about brute force way to hack the key. it is impossible i guess.
the length of the key is very long. it creates a very many combinations. even the highest computer spec will do million years to having all combinations.
faizzeybutt786

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:32:36 AM

u need to be create your wallet or secuirty with google authenticator to authorised your account will save you from hackers or stealers it increase your acount security and feel free.
heartwreck

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:38:23 AM

Yes, there is a possibility to steal your bitcoin , for those thieves there is always a way haha.
neovipno1

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 05:39:33 AM

That will not happen if you have good security for your wallet.  Smiley
Pasnik

Activity: 649
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:44:22 AM

u need to be create your wallet or secuirty with google authenticator to authorised your account will save you from hackers or stealers it increase your acount security and feel free.
Yes it is very possible to hack our wallet when we our very careless with our private keys. Their is phishing attacks, never click any links that you don't know because many bitcon users has been stealed their wallet. So we must be careful on our btc.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
kasemin

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:55:06 AM

There are different cases that can happen. A private key is made for security. Each code is very unique and the possibility of stealing is very small if you are the one who lost your private key or even forgot it, then I think the loss of ignoring or losing it by sharing your private key with someone is just the same. I advise you to read more about how public key cryptography or asymmetric cryptography works. And never forget that Bitcoin is out there, on a wild open internet, with all its dangers and threats for more than eight years now without ever being offline.
Dod Ong

Activity: 323
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:57:08 AM

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

Regards!

I think yes, because the hackers are trained to hack your device or your gadgets. So I think your bitcoin can steal by somebody. I want to secure my bitcoin so I did not saying about my bitcoin in other people that I didn't trust. Do not click any links because it is their strategy to steal your bitcoin in your wallet.
boksoon

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:01:41 AM

Regards!

We have nothing to do if someone create a high software to steal our wallet, this is the product of new generation high technology to discover what's the new
 highest power of gadget or any hardware and software to serve to all people and available to use to all in the future. and i hope that they will not doing for us  because not all people are in a high class of living. there are some people live in a low class of living like me then suddenly one of the victim of hacker. i hope it will not happen to us. as of now I don't experienced about hacking of wallet and also my friend didn't experienced of scam and hacker.
pratik009

Activity: 365
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:03:41 AM

Regards!

It's very difficult to hack your private key beacause your private key has many capital and small character and number also included in it. So if you want to hack that private key then you have to need the millions combination and too much effort.But sometimes it can hacked by hackers so we can say that it's not very safe but only few of hackers can do it.
If you have large amount of btc then i recommend you to use the hardware wallet which is also known as the offline wallet. This wallet is very safe and any of Hackers can't hack it.
duc4487

Activity: 131

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:30:56 AM

Unless they have your private key, or there are hacker has eyes on you on purpose and hack into your computer/ your smart devices to get your key, but it is still hard because no one are sure about the certain amount of bitcoin that you have. Unless they are actually know, or else, I doubt hacker to spend that much time and effort to try to hack to unknown account. Just keep your private key carefully
Saraquiel

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:55:05 AM

Is it hypothetically possible to steal Crypto from anyone? Yes. The "ease" at which they may have access to your wallet depends on what type of wallet you are using. If you are using a paper wallet then it may be easier to access your wallet, if you are reckless with the information. If you are using a wallet service where you have no access to your private key then that service could be hacked. However, if you are using a hardware wallet then it would take a crazy amount of time to crack that private key (around 204 Tresvigintillion years or so) so yes they could steal your BTC but the chances of it are quite low if you are careful with your valuable information.
Duogembrot

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:05:06 AM

technically, one will not be able to steal your bitcoin because bitcoin has the technology connected to all existing server points and bitcoin will not give any access, the user has a private key that is used specifically to access the wallet from the user.
HelenS

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:16:46 AM

That's why it's the way it is, (I tried to link a photo showing that it's essentially impossible but it wasn't loading)
The chances of a collision is an extremely extremely unlikely like an insane number.
The chances of a collision is the same for a collision attack, it's not an issue, really.

That's true. BTC and stealing are incompatible things.
Ronni

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:44:12 AM

Of course, someone's btc can be stolen if they are not taking enough care on the security of their wallets and the negligence using their wallet . For some instances, if you give your wallet's information to somebody then that's a big risk for your btc to be stolen, also, some wallets that are not recommended by experts are just frauds and can cause to lose of btc.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄
wengden

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:16:51 AM

Since bitcoin has a great security, Your Btc is safe here. Even though someone will hack your BTC, the management will just detect who ever do something bad in this forum. You dont need wo be worried. YOu are safe here. Just have trust and take arisk here and you will become rich in the future.
shakil77

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:25:40 AM

there is no chance to steal your bitcoin if you will do not loss your private key , email address and password .so always try to secure this those are very important in your bitcoin account.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:29:09 AM

Well maybe it's possible? I don't know. Don't really understand about those programming things. But hey, is there anyone who'd spent their time uselessly like that? Trying to find someone's private key? We're not even sure that the wallet will worth us something.
But well, someone can steal our btc. That's why there are many people complaining about scams. Because there are many fake websites like the real one, and if we're not careful, we might be tricked and put our address and private key in wrong website. In no time, your bitcoin will be gone. So we should be careful everytime and doublecheck.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:27:11 AM

Of course, someone's btc can be stolen if they are not taking enough care on the security of their wallets and the negligence using their wallet . For some instances, if you give your wallet's information to somebody then that's a big risk for your btc to be stolen, also, some wallets that are not recommended by experts are just frauds and can cause to lose of btc.
That is right, it is about the security of the person for their wallet if they are really taking care of their bitcoin wallet then they can expect some strong proof for the hackers and they will not get hacked and their bitcoin will stay safe for the long term keeping. It is very important to have a strong password and also back up all the necessary things to avoid regretting.
bce

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:33:58 AM

Regards!

I think bitcoin theft has happened so often, I think we alone can secure the bitcoin we have, I do periodic code replacement and avoid sites I do not know
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: