Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:18:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2132 times)
electrobit (OP)

Activity: 317
Merit: 81

Next to Full Member Rank.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 11:09:15 PM

I am reading comments like "try to do it whether you can, for you see how difficult it is...", or "that´s impossible because..." and put their logic arguments.

The purpose of this thread, I did it to read mature comments because now you say this is impossible but you are forgetting that before planes exist, the father of the creators said also the same... "If God to want we fly, he has made us with wings..."

There are many examples about "impossible things" in the past where people said the logic why those things was impossible and after when the "impossible things was made". They started to say why was possible...

I know how difficult and complex is the Blockchain Technology, but you are forgetting that some persistent person could be now trying to do what I posted here. The conclusion of this was to find protection in the case that was possible, not to say how difficult is and why to do that is impossible...

Smiley

The Bloqqe Foundation
Businesses Age based-on Blockchain Technology.
Addywealth

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:34:29 PM

One of the disadvantages of bitcoin is the porous wallet that hold the funds, bitcoin can be stolen if you are careless with your password/private key. never send your private key or password to anyone online there several fraudster online technically looking for a way to penetrate peoples account
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:16:55 AM

That can not be allowed, the thief has a thousand ways to get your bitcoin stolen. We find safe by using 2F auntentikasi then the bitcoin we have is tightly secure. Cool
Banulit

Activity: 674

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:47:42 AM

Yes! I'm one of the victims for stealing my BTC in my wallet before I use a private key and save into my desktop after the incident I will use only a JSON file and not saving my private key into my computer. be aware of hacker and keep safe your important files to prevent hackers.

Maninareuyan

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:10:07 AM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

Hi, I am so new to bitcoin.

can you recommend something for me to do to keep the bitcoins safely?

Thanks,.
apolonio

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:10:19 AM

No one can steal your bitcoin because bitcoin is very secured. Unless there is someone who knows your password and important information that they can have an access to your wallets and other accounts.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:15:51 AM

Yes! I'm one of the victims for stealing my BTC in my wallet before I use a private key and save into my desktop after the incident I will use only a JSON file and not saving my private key into my computer. be aware of hacker and keep safe your important files to prevent hackers.

how the hacker steal your wallet? are they use phishing website to make you input your private key or JSON file + password into their website or what happen? please tell us so we can make any action to prevent the hackers to steal our wallet.

Thira

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:19:34 AM

Its even impossible to restore lost private key, how much more taking lots of numbers and letters.Thats why private key is designed like that to secure your wallet from thief.If thats possible you need a long time before you got the right private key.

Possible that somebody steal your bitcoin, if you are not mindful and vigilant in your account on your wallet, experience of my friend that his coin on his wallet was gone because he send those private keys in a messenger and code of his wallet where the coins deposited as his earning in the bounty campaign, he discovered that his coins was already withdrawn.
chengyinoing01

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:22:14 AM

It could be stolen, but the odds are too low. If your privacy is like a fish in the sea, it's impossible to find it. I think hackers can use simpler methods, such as publishing fake websites with Trojan viruses.
cryptovegwha

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:39:20 AM

It has a small percentage of opportunity to steal our Btc, because it contains a very long private key that makes it difficult to steal our bicoins. They will try and thousands of times to hack our account before but they can not sign in on account to steal the bitcoin we have, i feel more comfortable saving money in the form of bitcoin assets.
rodztan

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:48:23 AM

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

Regards!

That's right, it's not possible that during that time, many hackers may be able to hack their btc if they create such software but I think it's hard for them to keep your private key to you. hack your bitcoin.
Uno17

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:01:06 AM

Personally i don’t have any idea of that possibilities, i just hope that it will never happen to everyone of us, i am hoping that we will respect each other’s ideas and possessions. Each one of us are working hard to grow our investment so let us help each other protect it. Let us spread love and respect😊
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:03:53 AM

Over time the technology is getting more sophisticated and we can feel like nowadays especially the advanced technology in the form of digital currency. each person has a different character, all the way they can do to be superior and can have someone else's right or steal something that is not his, especially on crime through the internet. a professional hacker can unload our private key and can easily retrieve a number of bitcoins because they are geniuses who are able to provide traps by manipulating any means to steal our valuable data. we can not do anything if the security key that we have can be hacked by professional hackers.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:06:03 AM

Regards!

No this is not possible.Or let'S say the chances for a collusion are ridiculously small. If it would be so easy, Bitcoin wouldn't have functioned from the beginning, trust me. I recommend you to take a deeper reading into how public-key cryptography or asymmetric cryptography works.
And never forget that Bitcoin is out there, in the wild open internet, with all it's dangers and threats since more than 9 years now without ever being offline!!
There are hundreds or even thousands of people worldwide, who are contributing to the core protocol and looking for ways to improve it if there is a possibility.

You're correct buddy, Bitcoin is already out there for nine years and I am sure that there are some hackers tried to hack Bitcoin private keys or seeds using that kind of method but eventually failed and got rekt. But there are still other ways that hackers do to steal the crypto currencies of people that uses Bitcoin or other forms of crypto currencies, for example a phishing site that most of the hackers send it through out the e-mails and pretends to be one of the site you trusted and there are more ways for those evil minded people to hack our private keys, so we should be vigilant to keep our assets safe. Cool
WolkGold

Activity: 139

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:07:31 AM

What happens when we use the blockchain.info app on our smartphone? Because of the need to update prices or transfer bitcoin, ETH on mobile devices is on the rise. Make sure the loss of the phone has a serious impact on the bitcoin property on our wallet. Personally I do not think that ability is there. But cautious is best for us by setting up sms 2Fa or google 2Fa to keep bitcoin.
Congyang

Activity: 882
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:11:53 AM

I think anyone can be exposed to the risk of btc theft, but it depends on how someone is keeping their bitcoins and that can be done by providing multiple security. so i think right now if you have bitcoin please use and stored well.
378budiman

Activity: 299
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:27:10 AM

as long as you do not have a large amount of bitcoin then there is no concern from professional hackers because they are only targeting those who have large bitcoins. But even if we are not the target of a large hacking group, we can still be the victims of a simple hacker if you are not careful. Never once tell your private key to someone else.
roadwell890

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:30:13 AM

Of course it can be, today who does not want money?
hackers are always honing his ability, and can not refuse money as well
now is the era of crisis of trust, which everyone should be more careful about doing something

vakie1

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:47:56 AM

Yes somebody can steal your BTC if you have not good security
Codename23

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:02:01 AM

That's why it's the way it is, (I tried to link a photo showing that it's essentially impossible but it wasn't loading)
The chances of a collision is an extremely extremely unlikely like an insane number.
The chances of a collision is the same for a collision attack, it's not an issue, really.

Somebody can steal your btc. But it have a very low chance. There are some great hackers that can hack the security of btc. Programmers these days are genius.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: