Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:09:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2144 times)
arifin eky

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:21:35 AM

although the odds are still there, but it is very difficult to steal the bitcoin, because it requires intelligence to do so, but if bitcoin can be easily stolen then cryptocurrency will not last until now.
Jerson

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:23:12 AM

There are many ways to steal your btc especially if that person really wanna steal it to you so if I were you keep an eye on your btc and make it secured, also research on another ways on how you will store it where is no one will steal it.
YzzyGo

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:36:45 AM

It CAN be possible with the help of a quantum computing. Google, IBM and Intel are already well underway into testing their small scale versions. Once these processors come out for public consumption, it will bring in a new age of computing.
Missterio

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:42:11 AM

If you comply with the security rules, do not want to phishing sites, use an antivirus, and of course you will be attentive to you is almost impossible to deceive.
eashikde

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:46:09 AM

I do not think so far no one will take possession of your keys. And fewer settlements of various questionable sites and sites clones, so that scammers had less chance.
Jihuny23

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:55:25 AM

Of course, it can happen. In this world, there are many smart people especially the intelligent hackers who have the ability to make software to detect the private key of our bitcoin wallet. That's why we need to be careful in using our wallets. Don’t forget to enable the 2FA feature, make sure our emails are not connected to other emails that we do not recognize, and make sure our emails do not auto forward to emails of people we do not know. It is one of those irresponsible strategies to steal our private key.
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:58:58 AM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

It is possible! There are many greedy persons who will do any way even its bad way for them to earn bitcoins easily. We should put all of our bitcoin in a safe bitcoin wallet like ledger s nano.
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:05:47 AM

It will be really a tough job for somebody to guess right private keys, even by using a software because if it is possible by now there will be no bitcoin remaining in peoples wallet. You can get extra security by enabling 2FA in your wallet so thet access to the wallet can only be possible through your GSM phone.
Jundel2018

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:14:45 AM

It will be really a tough job for somebody to guess right private keys, even by using a software because if it is possible by now there will be no bitcoin remaining in peoples wallet. You can get extra security by enabling 2FA in your wallet so thet access to the wallet can only be possible through your GSM phone.

Yes maybe with our advance technology maybe someone could steal your bitcoin using software. You can lost your btc somehow if you forgot your private key. Thats why we should be careful with our wallets.
Altf4

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:19:44 AM

That is true it is hard for someone to steal your btc, but if someone knows your private key secretly then there will be possibility that your coin will stolen from your wallet, or the too much exposure of your key through the net , then there is a chance your coin also be stolen.

Barbara99

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:58:15 AM

Be careful when copying your wallet to another location because you may be infected by a virus that changes your wallet address.
RichardTall

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:58:45 AM

I recommend you look carefully at the characters on the wallet before performing the transaction
SusanChan

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:59:03 AM

I was hacked into BTC and lost 2BTC .. It was bad.
JosephJole

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:59:42 AM

I was hacked into BTC and lost 2BTC .. It was bad.

BTC or any altcoins can be hacked at any time if you do not secure your account
MargaretBlack

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:00:00 AM

Always secure your phone to protect your account. I've also been hacked
evanstinger

Activity: 123

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 08:43:04 AM

Obviously, stealing is possible. But, not in the way you perceive it.
Randomly guesing (or should we call it by its original name, Brute Force), doesn't work like mining 'guesing work' for PoW.
If you want to brute force someone's wallet it would take an insane amount of time (and efforts)
There's some people who lost their private key with millions of USD worth of BTC in their wallets try it, the gave up!

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
whoisyourking

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:32:44 AM

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

Regards!

You will be needing a lot of computing powers to solve and to know the right private key it will take months or more to solve a single privatekey without powering off your computer. It will close to a billion combinations before cracking the private key.
parkiabi

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:02:33 AM

nobody can steal my wallet because i have my own personal wallet that am using for keeping coins
laiya94
Copper Member

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:22:06 AM

No way until you follow right security methods. Every wallet comes with private key as public key so you need to keep it in very safe place and make sure you are not on a phishing site while exchanging private keys. Best way is use a proper security like use a ledger nano or paper wallet then you are safe.

✘  EXCOLONY   |▌  YOUR PLEASURE IS OUR INNOVATION
|███   White Paper  [  JOIN our ICO  ]  ANN Thread   ███|
Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Github  |  Reddit
Tiktik

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:34:18 AM

Regards!

So I think the best thing we can do is to activate always the 2fa to get a high security, Because the scammers and hackers there are many tricks just to get what they want so always be aware, do not click any suspicious link " think before you click", do not connect any devices in public places.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: