Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:09:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2132 times)
evader11

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:12:49 AM

Yes, everything can steal you have now if you don't protect it especially your bitcoins. You need to use a hard based wallet and make it safe and secure so they can't easily attcak it. You need also to beware on what you doing because the hackers is always doing tricks to traped you so you must be careful on that way.

ajeef

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:26:46 AM

Yes you have many ways how heckers access to you btc account. Try to use usb cold wallet if you are only interesting in holding btc not trading. Be aware that you are always logging in on exchanges with same link don't use google-->bittrex...
Chicryptomama

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:42:07 AM

The reality is that bitcoin is secure and ordinary people can actually protect it without much effort.The truth and most difficult question is; is it everyone that understands how bitcoin and its underlying technology works that leads them to make choices that protects them from theft?
If you keep your private key as secure as possible(locking down email with 2fa,also the use of GA)and lots more,you should be safe from bitcoin hackers.
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:50:37 AM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

You are not wrong about that, the possibility is endless and maybe someone will actually do that and try every possible combination that is available but then that is why we have passwords and two-factor authentication which will put a layer in your wallet in any case if someone will hack it or someone will actually hear or sees it on your computer. There has been a lot of hacking that is happening even trading websites which they got stolen for million of coins are still not safe but then the only thing that you can do is protect your wallet and keep it personal that is simple.
kalph22

Activity: 121
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:59:03 AM

It will never be possible, hackers mostly preferred to make false site or link  address, there they can easily  hack or scam other Bitcoin investors that not careful on their private keys.
Hotrod_88

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:36:44 PM

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

Regards!

If you are not careful then they can steal your btc. But making a program is almost impossible and it just takes so much time. Hackers are more likely to get lucky making phishing sites or keyloggers and get btc that way

I agree to this, and i think hackers must face the consequences if they do that. Bitcoin heads will surely find its way to solve the problem if ever that happens and yeah, you should be careful. because if you're not then i think its possible to someone somehow stole your btc.
karisiak123

Activity: 244

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:07:22 PM

in my opinion it will not be possible that it happened. because the private key has letters and numbers. and the private key has a long sentence. it will be difficult for people who intend to track.

samiul12

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:17:38 PM

There is no possibility of being stolen of the bitcoin unless someone get access to my wallet. But to get anyone wallet someone should know the key that is not easy to hack. Any one tries to hack they need some information at least. So we should be careful in this things. So all in all we don't need to be so worried about it.
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:23:54 PM

Regards!

It would be very hard to hack your password but if you save it and your pc gets hacked then that would be the area where you would be vulnerable. But hacking tye secret keys for each is very unlikely to happen as the numbers are just too high to break

paragon07

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:27:15 PM

There is possibility that somebody can steal your BTC if your careless on your private key it cause big lost. Not only the hackers are the enemy, our selves are the no. Enemy.
lengockyduyen

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:32:43 PM

Yes, they can steal your bitcoin if you are careless. If you use safe wallets nobody can steal your bitcoin, we should compulsory keep step 2 verification. 
cryptokath19

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:45:17 PM

Regards!

Yes have a possibility that can steal or hacked your bitcoin wallet if your not careful to your account especially if you click a site that needs to put a private key or password. Better to keep your bitcoin on a hard wallet or used a Two Factory authentication code to secure it. When I'm newbie here in bitcoin, My Btc was being steal and I feel lose but after that I said to myself not to give up.
Gudhal Untu

Activity: 845

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:53:30 PM

Do not underestimate thieves, they can steal anything that we think is impossible, if you do not care to activate all the security features already provided then I'm sure that bitcoin you have can be easily stolen.
nursarjani

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:59:41 PM

Yes someone can steal Bitcoin we have but it is very difficult if we do not give private key to others and we can lock our bitcoin wallet with 2FA code / authentificator someone will be complicated to steal.
Boknoyz

Activity: 358
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:03:52 PM

Can someone steal your btc?
possibly can and possibly can not, because of the rapid technological developments, the science of people will increase, what else in the present bitcoin is an investment that much in demand today, so people will always try to steal our btc because the value of 1 btc is enough high.
buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:08:28 PM

Private keys are very sensitive and it is meant to be put in maximum security. Stealing is only possible when your private keys are someway become leaked. So you have the responsibility to keep your info only to yourself. There are many topics about wallet security to help you further.
missg23

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:10:50 PM

Yes someone can steal Bitcoin we have but it is very difficult if we do not give private key to others and we can lock our bitcoin wallet with 2FA code / authentificator someone will be complicated to steal.

Yes someone can steal your BTC especially if we are not careful with our passcodes and accidentally record it on our emails not minding these people who knows how to track and open accounts. Better to use a 2FA code.
P60

Activity: 378

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:11:55 PM

Definitely, there is always someone who is good enough to steal Bitcoin, if your account is not secure, somebody can hack your account and can easily get all your coins.

imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:13:27 PM

Regards!

Yes of course. Somebody can steal the bitcoin in our wallets. All things in this world can steal mostly your loved ones. The knowledge is the one that can’t steal anyone. Be careful to all your account mostly the email. Email because this is one of their target of the hacker. If your email hack there are chance all your account also hack. If possible, change your private key every months and write it so that you can’t forget when you change it.
Serious475

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:20:40 PM

Bitcoin wallet getting hacked give us worries.  It is really impossible getting our wallet hacked without giving the hackers information about your key. The only way to ensure that your Bitcoin wallet is safe is by trusting no one. Be careful in what website you are going to. Double check the website that you are accessing your account info. Check if the website is the legit one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: