Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:17:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monster transaction: 39016 BTC!!  (Read 19819 times)
mises

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:28:27 AM

It makes those 60 btc transactions look teensey.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zSprawl

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 02:37:17 AM

Not the Feds, these are the addresses associated with them and the Silk Road case and they are still intact. If I had to guess I'd have to agree with whoever said it was Fortress.

what's Fortress?

BTC: 1EyCRbT3YeskViEtH9KfRLpjdR2nsrrcW6
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:00:06 AM

Gotta love the zero fee to move 29M USD. Whoever this is, they don't seem to want to support the bitcoin network...

That was my first observation, also. 

It's fascinating to me whenever one of these huge sums gets transferred.  That has to be a tense couple moments, transferring a sum that large.   

That's so crazy, transferring that amount with no fees. Sounds like somebody who doesn't know what they are doing. Must be the feds Wink
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:01:41 AM

Not the Feds, these are the addresses associated with them and the Silk Road case and they are still intact. If I had to guess I'd have to agree with whoever said it was Fortress.

what's Fortress?

http://t.co/1DizrQioYH

(We hope) Going to launch a bitcoin investment fund (ETF). Huge influx of cash into bitcoin if it happens......
zSprawl

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 03:37:57 AM

what's Fortress?

(We hope) Going to launch a bitcoin investment fund (ETF). Huge influx of cash into bitcoin if it happens......

oooo thanks!

BTC: 1EyCRbT3YeskViEtH9KfRLpjdR2nsrrcW6
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:54:36 AM

what's Fortress?

oooo thanks!

I never count my chickens with these things though. We've had several false starts already ...... but one or more *will* actually happen in 2014, and fortress are massive. Let's hope its them.
wickedgoodtrader

Activity: 220

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:49:54 AM

Might be (or might not be, just speculating) related to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393549.0

Such a large fund won't market-buy coins on exchanges, but arrange for its acquisitions to be done off the books, possibly striking deals with early adopters.

Ya, you just look up early adopters in the yellow pages. Then when you get a hold of them you say, hey you haven't sold for years now and I want to buy a bunch which will probably drive the price up. The increase in price will then bring on a bunch more buying from speculators thus increasing the price even more, but will you sell to me now off the books?

Where do you guys dream this shit up?
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:58:23 AM

Might be (or might not be, just speculating) related to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393549.0

Such a large fund won't market-buy coins on exchanges, but arrange for its acquisitions to be done off the books, possibly striking deals with early adopters.

Ya, you just look up early adopters in the yellow pages. Then when you get a hold of them you say, hey you haven't sold for years now and I want to buy a bunch which will probably drive the price up. The increase in price will then bring on a bunch more buying from speculators thus increasing the price even more, but will you sell to me now off the books?

That's "guy" not "guys"
dbell

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:13:27 AM

Tracing back on this one in Blockchain.info you see lots of 50 BTC per block mining coins from 2010
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:57:27 AM

At first glance, I read this topic as "Re: Monster transaction: 39016 BITCH!!"

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
crabyan

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:08:06 AM

At first glance, I read this topic as "Re: Monster transaction: 39016 BITCH!!"

sorry, I laughed.
zagerfish

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:33:37 AM

maybe this person is getting a divorce.
melvster

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:43:12 AM

What are the odds that it's a 15 year old who happened to run bitcoin.exe for a while in 2011, just for fun ?

I think you mean 2009. GPU mining was already pretty competitive in 2010.

People assume that there was a period of years where lots of people did/could-have run the qt client and CPU-mined fortunes. That's just not the case.

Difficulty was 1 in 2010 Wink
Rygon

Activity: 520

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:05:29 PM

Early adopters would like to use some of their coins for some of life's little expenses like mining farms, mortgages, and lambos, and there's not exactly a lot of places to easily exchange $1M worth of coins. Working with a fund to exchange those coins for fresh investor USD is a lot cleaner and quicker than using the regular bitcoin exchanges.
madmadmax

Activity: 740
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:07:49 PM

Early adopters would like to use some of their coins for some of life's little expenses like mining farms, mortgages, and lambos, and there's not exactly a lot of places to easily exchange $1M worth of coins. Working with a fund to exchange those coins for fresh investor USD is a lot cleaner and quicker than using the regular bitcoin exchanges.

"Cashing out" from BTC is a concept people need to leave behind, it's 2014! You should be cashing out of USD and buying farms and lambos with BTC.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

RoxxR (OP)

Activity: 208
Merit: 148

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:33:12 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 10:55:54 AM by malevolent

Hey, another f*cking huge one!!!

From 1GgBrwZ6XWhJQYYcA2gV6HEG3AP1doFzHs
To    1F48Zpk5ZZAT9emYKAwkEr2QmT2Rd1ZcRj

This is giving me a boner! There, I've said it.

And I'm wondering what it sounded like on http://www.bitlisten.com/ Smiley
Mowcore

Activity: 592

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:18:47 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 10:56:04 AM by malevolent

Hey, another f*cking huge one!!!

From 1GgBrwZ6XWhJQYYcA2gV6HEG3AP1doFzHs
To    1F48Zpk5ZZAT9emYKAwkEr2QmT2Rd1ZcRj

This is giving me a boner! There, I've said it.

And I'm wondering what it sounded like on http://www.bitlisten.com/ Smiley

THUUURRRRDOONGGADOOONNKK, lol, I love that site!

I'm setting that up at a festival this year in a hippy tent on a big screen and a 10k sound system haha  Shocked

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:43:43 PM

Gotta love the zero fee to move 29M USD. Whoever this is, they don't seem to want to support the bitcoin network...

What do you mean, thats why bitcoin is great, fee should be the minimum to support the network, like taxes should be the minimum to support a minimum gov.

"Don't seem to want to support the bitcoin network" .... pretty much narrows it down to governments, particularly governments in possession of lots of bitcoins .....
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:11:19 PM

https://blockchain.info/address/13Df4x5nQo7boLWHxQCbJzobN5gUNT65Hh now has $50,344,215.96 in its coffer. This address is ONLY two hops away from a known Monarch purchase from BFL.

If this BWA belongs to BFL, then the FTC owes me $5,034,421.60.
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 05:17:26 PM

I think just a new brand trying to accept Bitcoin payment system and funding their account.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: