Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:48:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid scam Airdrops  (Read 178 times)
vphasitha01 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:41:52 PM

I am happy to share my experience about Crypto Airdrops.I always research about four factors before joining an Airdrop,as follows

1)Concept or idea of their project
  2)Website and social medias of their project
  3)Project team and their linkdn profiles
  4)Whitepaper of their project

By ticking above 4 factors helps me a lot to avoid scam Airdrops much as possible. I would like to know about your valuble thoughts regarding this matter,because I am a good damn learner Smiley

SuckSeed

Activity: 343
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 02:50:09 PM

Well, actually aidrop is only free money for simple task. So i never think to far will become Scam or not, but the easy to know are see about their telegram or maybe discord chanel. Are they active on their channel?

And also as long as i din't need to use my money into that icoairdrop it would be okay for me. How about you ?

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 03:00:05 PM

By ticking above 4 factors helps me a lot to avoid scam Airdrops much as possible. I would like to know about your valuble thoughts regarding this matter,because I am a good damn learner Smiley

5) DON'T GET INVOLVED IN ICO AIRDROP CAMPAIGNS!

That's the best way to avoid a scam.

But in all honesty, is the scam that big of a deal if you've only just signed a form and recieved free coins? If you're giving these developers Ether or Bitcoin for their ICO it's not an airdrop, it's a purchase!

Airdrops are free, the ones that don't scam will still likely fail.
FeverMore23

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 03:05:39 PM

I am only always looking for their whitepaper. I'm finding their team and look if their project is great also.
vphasitha01 (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:16:27 PM

5) DON'T GET INVOLVED IN ICO AIRDROP CAMPAIGNS!

That's the best way to avoid a scam.

But in all honesty, is the scam that big of a deal if you've only just signed a form and recieved free coins? If you're giving these developers Ether or Bitcoin for their ICO it's not an airdrop, it's a purchase!

Airdrops are free, the ones that don't scam will still likely fail.

Agree with your number 5) fact, but in some cases they ask to do KYC for claiming Airdrop tokens too.So in that scenario is it worth for giving my personal documents for grabbing some free tokens or coins?
vphasitha01 (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:26:26 PM

Well, actually aidrop is only free money for simple task. So i never think to far will become Scam or not, but the easy to know are see about their telegram or maybe discord chanel. Are they active on their channel?

And also as long as i din't need to use my money into that icoairdrop it would be okay for me. How about you ?

I also checking their social media specially with their Twitter whether they are hosting any kind of Airdrop, But in some cases they are asking KYC for claiming Airdrop tokens or coins. Asking gas fee for claiming airdop tokens or coins is another type of scam which recently I have noticed.so is it worth giving our personal details for grabbing some tokens? What do you guys think?
BIXBITE

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:58:22 PM

BIXBITE IS ANNOUNCING AIRDROP CAMPAIGN!

Join now and get BixBite as a reward!
Follow the procedure:
1. Join BIXBITE official Telegram group. https://t.me/bixbitecoin
2. Invite as many friends as you can to the Telegram group.
3. Fill out the form. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe5DsuabGbHspl0EAD2dhknp-2HISZ2uCWAI4mhqeYwZ9w4WA/viewform
That's all!

Rules, Terms & Conditions:
1. You must join our telegram main group
2. You must stay in the group until the bounty campaign ends.
3. You must be active, but gentle (no spamming, trolling or be intolerate allowed).

Airdrop will be sent almost immediately as Bixbite mainnet starts!

Community / Social Media

- Website
- Telegram
- Twitter
- Facebook
- Instagram
vphasitha01 (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:40:48 PM

BIXBITE IS ANNOUNCING AIRDROP CAMPAIGN!

Join now and get BixBite as a reward!
Follow the procedure:
1. Join BIXBITE official Telegram group. https://t.me/bixbitecoin
2. Invite as many friends as you can to the Telegram group.
3. Fill out the form. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe5DsuabGbHspl0EAD2dhknp-2HISZ2uCWAI4mhqeYwZ9w4WA/viewform
That's all!

Rules, Terms & Conditions:
1. You must join our telegram main group
2. You must stay in the group until the bounty campaign ends.
3. You must be active, but gentle (no spamming, trolling or be intolerate allowed).

Airdrop will be sent almost immediately as Bixbite mainnet starts!

Community / Social Media

- Website
- Telegram
- Twitter
- Facebook
- Instagram

This will surely a scam, because they are having only 2 posts in their Twitter (including Airdrop announcement)
iillaa

Merit: 5

A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:55:34 AM

You forget the main thing   to look for  when talking  about scam ico  ( scam airdrop)  which is the team  .  Always look for the team  if you find just random people  picked from linkedin that have no connection  with the project  its a 100 %scam and if you did not find a team   then  it's  a 1000 % scam  .  Since the scamer will lose his reputation , most scamers will try to hide them selfs .

Cheesy
vphasitha01 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:19:54 AM

You forget the main thing   to look for  when talking  about scam ico  ( scam airdrop)  which is the team  .  Always look for the team  if you find just random people  picked from linkedin that have no connection  with the project  its a 100 %scam and if you did not find a team   then  it's  a 1000 % scam  .  Since the scamer will lose his reputation , most scamers will try to hide them selfs .

Hi, Did you forgotten to read my first post Smiley . I assumed that you're talking only about BIXBITE Airdrop thing. In that case i didn't want even looking for the team, because i only spend few seconds to check their Twitter and it's scam in the first place.But overall scenario I didn't forgotten the TEAM factor at all, that's why I mentioned TEAM and their Linkdn under factor 3 in my first post.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:35:58 AM

I don't have much experience with airdrops but they used to be rare and somewhat targeted. Now it seems everyone and their grandma is doing an airdrop. It's probably not worth it for the most part. Don't give away personal information and certainly not wallet private keys. All they should need from you is an address. The KYC thing is tricky. Of course anyone doing financial business is supposed to comply with those regulations. However, I suspect lots of scams are using the KYC excuse to lure you into giving them way more data than is warranted even with KYC.

If you want to earn cryptocurrencies from projects, find a legitimate project and network with the developers and in that process let them know your skills. Also look for ways you can contribute and offer to do so. Often you can work out deals where you get paid x amount of the coin for your work. Those types of "bounties" have generally worked out very well for me.
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:18:22 AM

Well, actually aidrop is only free money for simple task. So i never think to far will become Scam or not
There are airdrops that are instructing their airdroppers to send an amount of eth or bitcoin to their addresses to fulfill the task and that's an obvious scam.

I concur habbear's suggestion of not joining any of them that's the best method to avoid scam airdrops/projects/ico's.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
vphasitha01 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:06:23 AM

I don't have much experience with airdrops but they used to be rare and somewhat targeted. Now it seems everyone and their grandma is doing an airdrop. It's probably not worth it for the most part. Don't give away personal information and certainly not wallet private keys. All they should need from you is an address. The KYC thing is tricky. Of course anyone doing financial business is supposed to comply with those regulations. However, I suspect lots of scams are using the KYC excuse to lure you into giving them way more data than is warranted even with KYC.

If you want to earn cryptocurrencies from projects, find a legitimate project and network with the developers and in that process let them know your skills. Also look for ways you can contribute and offer to do so. Often you can work out deals where you get paid x amount of the coin for your work. Those types of "bounties" have generally worked out very well for me.

Yeah I had to agree with your opinion and thanks for the information
Tpq01349

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 07:13:46 AM

with so many news out there about the scam on airdrop, I am always cautious when following the airdrop. some steps I do the same as you suggest. but in my opinion, as long as we do not provide vital information, it may still be safe. by the way, thanks for the suggestion.
Marker135

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:32:39 AM

You are right with your points, but.... mmm why avoiding airdrops? Airdrops are like a free money, if it is scam well, for share, follow, joining in telegram you will get nothing, you paid nothing and you get nothing, no harm has been made. If is airdrop fine, you will get a little free coins which can have some value in future...

It isn't like when you purchase ICOs and than "Dev" team dissapear.
treasure_island

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:09:29 AM

Airdrops that ask you to send ether first to claim them are mostly scams so make sure you avoid these.
waterproof

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:25:23 PM

How to avoid scam Airdrops-It does not take part! The time you spend on registration can be used in a more profitable lesson!
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:31:32 PM

Yep sometimes they just want make money fastly and do Airdrop go to any shit exchange and dump as some newcomers dont know what is what even buy them so everytime i see airdrop i check website and other components.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

Teejayyy

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:22:46 PM

Any airdrop asking you to send eth/btc are definitely scams
upekhaanthony

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:34:07 PM

I try a nice method to avoid the scam. If it is the scam it doesn't matter, because they could not steal my information.

I use the separate email address, Separate MyEtherwallet unknown for Airdrop. Most of the good bounty program has well-organized airdrop. Airdrop is one the best method get some free coins Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: