Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 10:17:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Needs Help  (Read 997 times)
stuartrgreene (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:46:23 PM

I am connected to multipool.us on my laptop and I'm getting about 2.5 khash/sec, which I know is terrible but electricity is free for me. Now my question is:

I also have a Kindle Fire with DroidBTCMiner on it, and I'm trying to connect to http://pool1.us.multipool.us:17777

The miner says its connecting and mining at about 500 khash/sec but I'm not seeing any update on my account earnings and I had it running for 6 hours and I received 400+ "yays".

What am I doing wrong?
I'm not sure if I should be directing my Kindle to add to my laptop or keep it separate?

Please and Thank You for any help. Happy New Year!
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:52:29 PM

I am connected to multipool.us on my laptop and I'm getting about 2.5 khash/sec, which I know is terrible but electricity is free for me. Now my question is:

I also have a Kindle Fire with DroidBTCMiner on it, and I'm trying to connect to http://pool1.us.multipool.us:17777

The miner says its connecting and mining at about 500 khash/sec but I'm not seeing any update on my account earnings and I had it running for 6 hours and I received 400+ "yays".

What am I doing wrong?
I'm not sure if I should be directing my Kindle to add to my laptop or keep it separate?

Please and Thank You for any help. Happy New Year!

You're trying to mine BTC on a kindle?
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:54:56 PM

Damn dude i am mining btc on a solar powered calculator, cause free electricity.
stuartrgreene (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:01:53 PM

No, multipool is currently mining dogecoins, apparently I connect to the multipool server and it mines the most profitable. I know the app on my Kindle is getwork protocol and the url I'm connecting to is the only http:// address they offer, all the stratum addresses won't connect.

But like I said, the miner is giving me positive feedback. I restarted mining on the Kindle when I posted my first post and now it says I have 118 accepted at 475-525 khash/sec.

I feel like I'm entering the address correctly, because I get error messages if try anything other than the Http:\\pool1.us.multipool.us:17777

The worker creation page on Multipools site doesnt have passwords for my workers. Should I be leaving it blank or put a single digit?

And my laptop is using the Dogecoin QT client. Should I be running a proxy possibly?
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:03:19 PM

and what kind of coins are you mining??
with that great hash power

some pools take quite time to show you stats (but 6h seems to me enough)

Cheesy ....sounds good

stuartrgreene (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:08:22 PM

Cheesy ....sounds good

Dogecoins, the laptop has made me 10 over the last few hours at the 2.5 khash/sec

I also found LTC miner for android smartphone, I'm getting 5.73 hash/sec on that (hahahaha) on android 2.2 using a walmart phone.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:11:24 PM

Cheesy ....sounds good

Dogecoins, the laptop has made me 10 over the last few hours at the 2.5 khash/sec

I also found LTC miner for android smartphone, I'm getting 5.73 hash/sec on that (hahahaha) on android 2.2 using a walmart phone.

Sounds like you’ve got a great rig set up there   Grin
stuartrgreene (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:16:02 PM

Cheesy ....sounds good

Yea but my Kindle isn't showing up on multipool at all. I'm looking at the multipool stats on the site and I'm seeing a spike up to 10k on profitability at 7:30 am EST but other than that, I can't tell if my Kindle is actually mining or just giving me an insane amount of false positives.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:18:41 PM

Cheesy ....sounds good

Yea but my Kindle isn't showing up on multipool at all. I'm looking at the multipool stats on the site and I'm seeing a spike up to 10k on profitability at 7:30 am EST but other than that, I can't tell if my Kindle is actually mining or just giving me an insane amount of false positives.

At a guess I'd say it's not mining.
roosyrex

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:19:34 PM

I'm also a newbie so might be mistaken as to your scenario, but I had a similar experience... I was trying to mine scrypt based coins using a sha256 setup when i first started - it looked liked guiminer was doing the work, but nothing was showing on the pool dashboard.

Could that be the problem?
Wusolini
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:21:09 PM

Cheesy ....sounds good

At a guess I'd say it's not mining.

seems right.

good luck with LTC mining

Wusolini
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:23:13 PM

I'm also a newbie so might be mistaken as to your scenario, but I had a similar experience... I was trying to mine scrypt based coins using a sha256 setup when i first started - it looked liked guiminer was doing the work, but nothing was showing on the pool dashboard.

I would say to double-check your pass & username

stuartrgreene (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:27:51 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2014, 09:06:20 PM by stuartrgreene

I'm not sure, since only I can only connect to the one server and one port because of getwork protocol. And it's a registered Kindle so I can't modify anything on the tablet.

It appears looking at multipools site, that the Http address I'm using does both sha256 and scrypt depending on the miner connected, does anyone use multipool that can shed some light on this?

Also should I possibly direct my tablet to my computer(which is "digging" with the qt client) instead of their server? I was looking at mining proxys but I'm way too new to understand all the programing required.

Multipool doesn't give the workers a password.

EDIT-
Going through the logs, I'm seing a "submit_upstream_work_ json_rpc_call failed" and then it goes back to threads and yays

This is my exact info:
http://pool1.us.multipool.us:17777
stuartrg.2
(blank)
1 thread
ARM(default)

I fill in the blanks for the url and workername/password. Threads was at 1 when i first started the app, and CPU architecture is a drop-down box offering default and NEON. Then I click start.
stuartrgreene (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:50:57 PM

Screenshots:
http://postimg.org/image/ulcrcvasz/
http://postimg.org/image/tyqrdih7z/
http://postimg.org/image/gxfhqn9sj/
stuartrgreene (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:11:47 AM

I've been tinkering non-stop in hopes of figuring this out before someone else does and it turns out I'm an idiot. No luck. So if anyone has any idea how I can figure out what's wrong it would be much appreciated.

(If this part is not-allowed, please remove:If this setup can work with my Kindle, I'll send half of the first cash-out I get with it from multipool=5000 dogecoin)
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:13:30 AM

Jeez you must be very creative.  Smiley
stuartrgreene (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:39:50 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 04:07:38 AM by stuartrgreene

Jeez you must be very creative.  Smiley

That's the thing! I just had to download the app and add the info from multipools website, that's why I'm so lost as to why it isn't working.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: