Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:36:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The next Bitcoin  (Read 357 times)
OriginTrain (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:19:14 PM

It's obvious that Bitcoin is lagging behind as a payment system with projects like Ethereum being more efficient at that, and EOS and ADA potentially set to become far more efficient than Ethereum. The problem is that these so called "Gen 3" blockchcains (EOS and ADA) both have systems incredibly similar to centralized finance, notably inflation. The inflation factor is the antithesis of what Bitcoin was created to prevent and in my opinion the original goal of blockchain seems to be lost with projects like EOS and ADA.

Which makes me wonder, could we have the technology of a payment and smart contract/dApp platform like ETH, EOS or ADA, combined with the limited, non-inflationary maximum supply principle of Bitcoin?

Because it seems to me that in order to have world-wide scalable "smart"  blockchains that can be used practically for free, that inflation is necessary to compensate as a reward to miners/nodes. The one project to attempt to counter this is IOTA, but it's a centralized project, not decentralized.

Satoshi Nakamoto created decentralization with limited reducing inflation capped at 21 million, and is an immortal genius in our minds for doing so. Now how will we add scalability to the equation whilst keeping this principle, without introducing centralization or uncapped inflation? This seems like the next "hard problem". And I'm not interested in the current Bitcoin vs BCH politics, but rather a solution to this problem in a theoretical future blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
quynhdang

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:33:02 PM

How could a non-professor BTC trader involve in this upcoming solution?
okocrypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:24:02 PM

I don't see any coin surpassing Bitcoin in terms of value and popularity. All activities within the crypto world respects the direction of Bitcoin and that shows how powerful Bitcoin is. Other coins will always try as they can but I don't think that competition with Bitcoin is a wise attempt for any coin.
hurry_hore

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:53:26 AM

Until now, I think Bitcoin is still the king of crypto currencies at least on below parameters:
1. Value corresponds to fiat
2. Popularity around crypto space and outer of crypto space
3. Influence to the crypto space

And seems lot of people will acknowledge above parameters to say Bitcoin is the King of CryptoCurrencies, at least so far.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 12:04:19 PM

Until now, I think Bitcoin is still the king of crypto currencies at least on below parameters:
1. Value corresponds to fiat
2. Popularity around crypto space and outer of crypto space
3. Influence to the crypto space

And seems lot of people will acknowledge above parameters to say Bitcoin is the King of CryptoCurrencies, at least so far.
Yes bitcoin is the king of crypto currencies and it does alot to the the path which other developers follow in other to create their own project but the OP does not create this thread for criticism but to point out and fix the problem/vulnerability of  bitcoin and other crypto currency so we can both enjoin the systems and bitcoin.
Once this are done bitcoin will go mainstream even if the government approve it or not.

alihassan99

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:05:58 PM

i dont think bitcoin can be replaced so easily.. if bitcoin is need to be replaced then it will take time... but there are definitly some other currencies better than bitcoin Smiley

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 02:38:20 PM

I don't see any coin surpassing Bitcoin in terms of value and popularity. All activities within the crypto world respects the direction of Bitcoin and that shows how powerful Bitcoin is. Other coins will always try as they can but I don't think that competition with Bitcoin is a wise attempt for any coin.

i doubt bitcoin is popular and will remain popular, its impoverishing the collective, its doing nothing for the people, its a vehichle to enrich the miner cartel and the media core around that is pushing it.

regards

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:25:06 PM

You failed to understand the difference between having a great project which actually makes transfers using cryptos very efficient and a project which does it to some level of proficiency along with becoming the most valuable asset over the nights.

Meaning, there are many coins which solve the problem bitcoin has but community isn't very welcoming to such coins.They rather use a 'broken' valuable system over a proficient system with zero value.
Darerando

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:51:33 PM

I don't think there's a next Bitcoin. Cause Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency that was created. But perhaps in the coming age, a coin that will surpass bitcoin popularity will be made.
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 07:30:33 PM

It's obvious that Bitcoin is lagging behind as a payment system with projects like Ethereum being more efficient at that, and EOS and ADA potentially set to become far more efficient than Ethereum. The problem is that these so called "Gen 3" blockchcains (EOS and ADA) both have systems incredibly similar to centralized finance, notably inflation. The inflation factor is the antithesis of what Bitcoin was created to prevent and in my opinion the original goal of blockchain seems to be lost with projects like EOS and ADA.

Which makes me wonder, could we have the technology of a payment and smart contract/dApp platform like ETH, EOS or ADA, combined with the limited, non-inflationary maximum supply principle of Bitcoin?

Because it seems to me that in order to have world-wide scalable "smart"  blockchains that can be used practically for free, that inflation is necessary to compensate as a reward to miners/nodes. The one project to attempt to counter this is IOTA, but it's a centralized project, not decentralized.

Satoshi Nakamoto created decentralization with limited reducing inflation capped at 21 million, and is an immortal genius in our minds for doing so. Now how will we add scalability to the equation whilst keeping this principle, without introducing centralization or uncapped inflation? This seems like the next "hard problem". And I'm not interested in the current Bitcoin vs BCH politics, but rather a solution to this problem in a theoretical future blockchain.

oh boy not another mindless propaganda ad coin

KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 07:32:45 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2018, 11:19:05 PM by KingScorpio

I don't think there's a next Bitcoin. Cause Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency that was created. But perhaps in the coming age, a coin that will surpass bitcoin popularity will be made.

ohm jes bitcoin will be garbage in 5 years as became netscape navigator the first ever internet-browser Roll Eyes i have huge doubts about all decentral nonproject "coins" that they will sustain themselves as they are just advertised hype coins,

after the developers sold the premine like Zcash or Dash they are leaving them, so ultimately they are low quality empty 1D Coins. Thats how we describe tham at C-pro

mike78X

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:10:39 AM

I realy think ethereum gonna be the next bitcoin specialy with the anouncement of the chinese goverment
NoobRichard

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 12:42:17 PM

I think that the international laws should be widened for the cryptos to be a more valid and an acceptable currency throughout the world....
DBProductions

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:28:40 PM

I think bitcoin could be updated. Or, ethereum would move to the forefront. It has so many projects bilt on its platform. The speed is as fast as you want it to be.
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 02:14:38 PM

I think bitcoin could be updated. Or, ethereum would move to the forefront. It has so many projects bilt on its platform. The speed is as fast as you want it to be.

updating bitcoin?

thats not in the interest of to be honest:

rest of the world that doesnt own bitcoin and has to pay electricity bills.

good luck fighting against that unpopularity, wont be like the initial support bitcoin had because of the banksters broken and disgusting neofeudalism

strawhatters

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

ALLUXE.io - Decentralized Luxury Platform

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:24:56 PM

I personally think of Bitcoin as quite similar to the dollar, wherein it's become the basis of the digital currency (Disclaimer: These are just my personal opinion and I am no expert, but aspiring to become one at that). With this in my mind, I think that bitcoin will be very hard to surpass or for some other cryptocurrency to stand in an even position with it. There's also the fact that Bitcoin is very famous and thus has a very large influence on the people and the market.

ALLUXE | Luxury Platform
▲ JOIN THE LUXURY REVOLUTION ▲ (https://alluxe.io/)
pericle_mc

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:24:26 PM

Why we are looking for the next Bitcoin... when the question is wich  alternative to blockchain have we   ?  Puzzle up
Dr_kluven

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:56:04 PM

Did satoshi really make bitcoin to destroy inflation? Then id say thats his biggest flaw. In that case Satoshi made nothing new, just turned the table and in 20 years we will have an elite of spoiled brats who did not do anything for their money. Inflation is nothing bad, Inflation is needed to sustain a society. Bitcoin will never be suitable for daily use because who wants to buy a pizza for bitcoin worth 4 bucks one year and a couple of years later that pizza is suddenly worth 200 000 000 dollar. Understand that inflation is invented so the machinery goes round. If bitcoin was the world currency it would mean that everyone just hodld their bitcoins because its value would rise for each day and every market would die. Inflation is there to make stability and make people realise that tomorrow the coin is going to be worth the same thing as it is today, hence a market is growing.

Inflation is not necessary to compensate as rewards for miners, fees would be necessary. But yes, to keep the chain decentralized the inflation must go somewhere, and in that case to the miners.
But no, i can see plenty of other ways of compensating the nodes/miners, Proof of Purchase maybe? (where those 5 or 10 ppl purchasing something at the same time confirms each others transactions).

evgenij.burchak

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:22:25 PM

it seems to me that in the near future we will be able to see another group of people who will follow the experience of Satoshi Nakamoto, but will already correct some mistakes and inaccuracies in the work of bitcoin. But while the cryptocurrency is a speculation in the hands of rich people, there can be no question of any decentralization.
weeklyeth

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:31:51 PM

next bitcoin we can say probably eth and neo both these coins have potential to stay in market for market capitalisation equal to bitcoin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: