Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:14:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How is Bitcoin different from Etherium?  (Read 1987 times)
Black Angel

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:06:56 AM

The most obvious thing different from bitcoin and ethereum is with ethereum we can keep hundreds of tokens, this is because ethereum is sophisticated and can be used for tokens, while bitcoins can not be used to create tokens like ethereum, so I think ethereum is better than bitcoin.
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:24:10 AM

Bitcoub was the first crypto currency of it's kind but Ethereum is one of the most useful. I mean even on exchanges we convert alt coins to Ethereum first then bitcoin. Yes also, Bitcoin is like gold totally decorative, ethereum however is much more useful. I also believe that Ethereum will one day reign supreme over all crypto currencies. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
berfanaf

Activity: 116
Merit: 2

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:11:47 AM

Bitcoin on one hand being the pioneer is much more widely accepted in the financial market than Ethereum and hence has a more market capital. Ethereum works with a more advanced technology and hence has a more developed blockchain and secure cryptography.
While Bitcoin is currently used just as an investment asset, Ethereum is more versatile and is used as a token for smart, decentralised applications and also is used as a platform for posting new ICOs.
I still feel that bitcoin is better than etherum in all aspects, compare the statistics, growth graph, the valuation, popularity, the potential, number of investors of bitcoin and etherum and I think bitcoin is superior in all these aspects, though etherum worktop more developed technology and has more developed block chain but still bitcoin always has upper hand over etherum and moreover people find bitcoin more trust worthy and profitable than etherum.
Actually this might be hundred percent right in your point of view and many others as well but not hundred percent right in many others. The thing is, every person comes here with different mindset and sense of trading or investing. So to some, this eth gets maximum attraction and for others this comes at second place after bitcoin. Both are amazing just depending upon what you want.

▰▰   IMPRESSIO.io   ▰▰   THE FUTURE OF INVESTING   ▰▰
✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ And More...
hhussain

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:41:53 PM

The blockchain network of ethereum and bitcoin is where all the difference between the two coins initiates , the coin of ethereum is one which supports its own cryptocurrency on its blockchain and as well as other small cyrpto currency or altcoins whereas bitcoin blockchain network is too large to support any other coin
Vs225655

Activity: 182
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:00:41 PM

How is Bitcoin different from Etherium?

I have seen many questions on this matter around Bitcointalk, so I thought that this would be useful as a source. Hope you enjoy and don’t forget to say “thanks”.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So let’s start off with the question “What are Bitcoin and Etherium?”. Well, they are cryptocurrencies, based on the blockchain. So what makes Bitcoin and Etherium so different, if they are based on the same system?

Bitcoin

Bitcoin is often defined as the “digital gold” and that is for a reason. It had been one of the first cryptocurrencies to appear and this makes it such a popular coin nowadays. It can be defined as the dollar of the blockchain, as it is only a payment method. It can not be described as an innovative and mind-blowing technology, although it is very useful itself, it is just your money, held in a digital form. Bitcoin can be used for multiple purposes, one of them is inviting in ICOs (Initial Coin Offering). Once you support an ICO, they give you their tokens, which can be compared to stocks, which grow with the company, although are dependent on the price of Bitcoin and the market in general. Some other purposes are investing and basic payments, which are getting more and more popular nowadays.

Etherium

Etherium, on the other hand, is defined as the “digital petroleum”. It had been launched at the beginning of the crypto market development, and many people see it overtaking Bitcoin in future due to it’s flexibility. Of course, it is priced lower than Bitcoin as it had entered the market way later, but that does not deny it’s usefulness when it comes to innovations. Shortly speaking, where Bitcoin is just a currency, Etherium is a platform for other applications to host and grow at. It is so “open-minded” as a platform, that you could build anything on it, starting from 3D printing to traveling network management. And that is the quality that allowed Etherium to enter the big market: it occupies a different area rather than Bitcoin, therefore serves for different purposes.

Conclusion

For me, as an investor, Etherium poses a bigger personal interest than Bitcoin, but it is pretty clear that at least for the next year bitcoin will be the leading currency in the crypto market. That is also because most of the people nowadays are familiar with Bitcoin, but have heard nothing of Etherium. But if you are looking for a long term investment, Etherium might be your solution.

As for me it's just a water that took time for you. The idea of the article is not bad, but from execution as a beginner.
  You as an investor invest in Ether - because it costs much cheaper than bitcoin. And what about me when bitcoin grows then and the ether grows. It's just bitcoin harder to buy and it will be true when you buy it for 2-3 pcs
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:15:38 PM

Ethereum with smart contract is powerfull platform for bussiness. Ethereum is good long term investment. Recently i am reading online media that some analys make prediction ethereum can reach $2500 end this year and $15k on 2023.
Do you have the link to those predictions? Because I would like to read why do they think ethereum can reach that huge price at the end of the year when we are in the middle of a bear market, and if they do not give convincing reasons I will probably never read anything from those persons again, I'm bullish in the long term for ethereum and the whole market but in the short term things are not looking good.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:26:24 PM

Ethereum with smart contract is powerfull platform for bussiness. Ethereum is good long term investment. Recently i am reading online media that some analys make prediction ethereum can reach $2500 end this year and $15k on 2023.
Do you have the link to those predictions? Because I would like to read why do they think ethereum can reach that huge price at the end of the year when we are in the middle of a bear market, and if they do not give convincing reasons I will probably never read anything from those persons again, I'm bullish in the long term for ethereum and the whole market but in the short term things are not looking good.
They are different in platforms and concepts but if you will simply tell this to a stranger or to another person that you are encouraging to join as well, you will tell them that they are just the same, that they are like money in the internet!
Bannednehlahmos

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:01:38 PM

obviously different. in terms of value alone is different. that's all I know
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:25:32 PM

Right. I still think Bitcoin or Ethereum is a long term investment solution for you. I think both will be very well developed in the future. When Bitcoin has long appeared and has an irreplaceable standing position. In addition, Ethereum is a platform, a new digital currency, it's perfect, it meets all the needs of users and has the potential to grow in the future and be able to overcome both Bitcoin. So, I still prefer ETH over Bitcoin a lot

Yes that is true both Bitcoin and Ethereum is a long investment but all I can say that they are just differ from the value of the price. Although they have the same functions in the community just like paying bills in different areas that can be accessable.
orarider

Activity: 575

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:51:55 PM

Between these two projects there are many small differences. As the average time of each block of Bitcoin is 10 minutes and Ethereum is 12 seconds. The faster block generation means faster transaction confirmation.
The transaction costs of Ethereum and Bitcoin are also quite different. In Ethereum the cost for the transaction depends on their storage needs, complexity, bandwidth capacity. Also in Bitcoin the transactions are limited in each block size and equal with each other.
resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:43:10 AM

How is Bitcoin different from Etherium?

I have seen many questions on this matter around Bitcointalk, so I thought that this would be useful as a source. Hope you enjoy and don’t forget to say “thanks”.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So let’s start off with the question “What are Bitcoin and Etherium?”. Well, they are cryptocurrencies, based on the blockchain. So what makes Bitcoin and Etherium so different, if they are based on the same system?

Bitcoin

Bitcoin is often defined as the “digital gold” and that is for a reason. It had been one of the first cryptocurrencies to appear and this makes it such a popular coin nowadays. It can be defined as the dollar of the blockchain, as it is only a payment method. It can not be described as an innovative and mind-blowing technology, although it is very useful itself, it is just your money, held in a digital form. Bitcoin can be used for multiple purposes, one of them is inviting in ICOs (Initial Coin Offering). Once you support an ICO, they give you their tokens, which can be compared to stocks, which grow with the company, although are dependent on the price of Bitcoin and the market in general. Some other purposes are investing and basic payments, which are getting more and more popular nowadays.

Etherium

Etherium, on the other hand, is defined as the “digital petroleum”. It had been launched at the beginning of the crypto market development, and many people see it overtaking Bitcoin in future due to it’s flexibility. Of course, it is priced lower than Bitcoin as it had entered the market way later, but that does not deny it’s usefulness when it comes to innovations. Shortly speaking, where Bitcoin is just a currency, Etherium is a platform for other applications to host and grow at. It is so “open-minded” as a platform, that you could build anything on it, starting from 3D printing to traveling network management. And that is the quality that allowed Etherium to enter the big market: it occupies a different area rather than Bitcoin, therefore serves for different purposes.

Conclusion

For me, as an investor, Etherium poses a bigger personal interest than Bitcoin, but it is pretty clear that at least for the next year bitcoin will be the leading currency in the crypto market. That is also because most of the people nowadays are familiar with Bitcoin, but have heard nothing of Etherium. But if you are looking for a long term investment, Etherium might be your solution.

That's the big difference between the both crypto currency , Bitcoin and etherium, obviously pice value is the big difference between them and also Bitcoin is ahead to etherium when it comes to start to built in crypto currency
 And we must say it as a pioneer in the industry of crypto world.
Rrtt

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:29:23 AM

Btc and ETh also cost their transactions in different ways ,in eth it is called  gas and costing  of transactions  depends on their storage needs while in btc  the transactions are limited  by the block size and they compete equally with each other,

Eth is that it is not just a digital currency, it is blockchain based  platform with many aspects, it features smart contracts.
mkhadazz

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:33:28 AM

yes of course the bitcoin and ethereum are very different, the bitcoin has a coin which has a maximum supply limit of 21 million pieces of bitcoin and no longer exhausted, whereas ethereum has a very unlimited supply so it makes ethereum very much its supply and differs considerably bitcoin.
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:09:29 AM

although its bitcoin values are higher than etehrum, but demands on etherum are not inferior to bitcoin. as altcoin which becomes the biggest platform for bounty campaign, will automatically make etherum become more holders.
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:13:54 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin is like gold in internet world and its used for store of value and used for peer to peer transaction. Ethereum mostly used for bussiness purpose and thats why most token in market using ethereum smart contract
Well you can say both of them are being used under business and individual level. Bitcoin is also an effective element in business and it is being used in foreign counties where bitcoin is legal. Where eth is mainly used as non-business thing as far as I know. May be this is wrong but I have got this over internet. Whatever coin it is, just use them for your own betterment and get things done.
tepakpak

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:44:23 AM

Prominent differences we can see from the price, bitcoin has the highest price and ethereum number two. Bitcoin is the main popular coin then next ethereum.
Bountyl

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:53:17 AM

Unlike ether, bitcoin will always lead in all tops. By bitinoin always deduced in phyat and vice versa. According to the bitcoin the future, it is stronger and will always be in the first place.

Huobi Russia  |  Digital Asset Exchange Platform
https://www.huobi.com.ru
foaman

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:24:28 PM

I am hardly looking forward to have the similar posts describing the Cardano as the new generation of blockchain, the new bitcoin and ethereum, the next Conqueror of all the crypto currencies in the world, lol. You will remember my words.
thetruth123123

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:46:36 PM

Thank you for sharing that, in my opinion most of us including me are drastically uneducated in this questions, and maybe the overall market and stability is caused also because of that we don't actually fully understand in what we are involved in.
Remedios19

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:10:43 AM

Bitcoin has long been dominant in the cryptocurrency scene, it is certainly not alone. Ethereum is another cryptocurrency related project that has attracted a lot of hype because of its additional features and applications.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: