Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:29:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Here Set Up a BTC based Store?  (Read 618 times)
Grimwald (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:01:49 PM

I was wondering if anyone here has set up a Bitcoin based online store to sell their own products or services?

If so could you point me to a couple of the resources you found most helpful for set up of your site.

Thank You

Grimwald
YariDjem

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:48:19 AM

Grimwald
I have an online site that is focused on Tanzanite gemstones TanzaniteAmerica.com. I do not have a shopping cart because I find I comunicate with every potential Tanzanite purchaser. Payment arrangements are made via email or phone calls. A few months ago I decided to accept bitcoin. The single most important thing for me was to find the code needed to convert the set price in USD to bitcoin at the time someone visits the site.

I believe Coinbase.com has utilities/code to do that. I wrote all the code for my site. If you would like my bitcoin conversion code send me a message and I'll send it to you. Not knowing what you have in mind my code may not be usefull to you.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:55:55 AM

Grimwald
I have an online site that is focused on Tanzanite gemstones TanzaniteAmerica.com. I do not have a shopping cart because I find I comunicate with every potential Tanzanite purchaser. Payment arrangements are made via email or phone calls. A few months ago I decided to accept bitcoin. The single most important thing for me was to find the code needed to convert the set price in USD to bitcoin at the time someone visits the site.

I believe Coinbase.com has utilities/code to do that. I wrote all the code for my site. If you would like my bitcoin conversion code send me a message and I'll send it to you. Not knowing what you have in mind my code may not be usefull to you.

Have you received any payment in Bitcoin yet??
I was wondering how long it took to clear if you have.
Some people have been saying there are some serious delays from many of the services that process.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 03:25:57 AM

I was wondering if anyone here has set up a Bitcoin based online store to sell their own products or services?

If so could you point me to a couple of the resources you found most helpful for set up of your site.

Thank You

Grimwald

Look into the Opencart shopping cart.

http://www.opencart.com/

It is open source and it has a free bitcoin plugin.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Grimwald (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:42:07 PM

Grimwald

Thank you for the reply when I'm further along in my concept stage I may take you up on that.
luqash3

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:40:40 PM

Sounds great that you are planning to operate a online store where you shall be dealing in bitcoins. Actually I am operating a website online to sell gadgets hence due to rising popularity of bitcoins I am also wishing to deal in bitcoins currently I deal in PayPal and cards. So please anyone guide me too.
begcoin

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:44:57 PM

if your site/service couldnt make money with fiat transactions then using bitcoin as a gimmick wont help.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:20:27 AM

Sounds great that you are planning to operate a online store where you shall be dealing in bitcoins. Actually I am operating a website online to sell gadgets hence due to rising popularity of bitcoins I am also wishing to deal in bitcoins currently I deal in PayPal and cards. So please anyone guide me too.

What kind of gadgets?  You should post a link.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: