Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:25:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling $59.32 Starbucks Gift Card for $40 BTC  (Read 1220 times)
WorldWideBTC (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:47:56 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 03:13:42 PM by WorldWideBTC

I'm offering a Starbucks gift card number and pin valued at $59.32 for $40 Mt. Gox average in BTC.

Will send first to trusted members - otherwise we'll use escrow.

I previously had this sale in Currency Exchange, but thought it would be a better idea to move it over to Goods.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WorldWideBTC (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:11:36 PM

Bumping this. 147 views and not one person wants a Starbucks gift card? You can always transfer the balance to your standard card, or give cardpool.com a try to exchange it for Amazon or some other gift code.
BryanK

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:15:19 PM

Bumping this. 147 views and not one person wants a Starbucks gift card? You can always transfer the balance to your standard card, or give cardpool.com a try to exchange it for Amazon or some other gift code.

its not that anyone doesn't want it, Its that you're a JR member. Show some proof of concluded transactions and maybe then someone might bite Smiley
WorldWideBTC (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:30:16 PM

its not that anyone doesn't want it, Its that you're a JR member. Show some proof of concluded transactions and maybe then someone might bite Smiley

The only concluded transactions I have under my belt are failed scam attempts by people with English as a second language.

As to the gift card, I can provide a screen shot (or picture from my phone) of the current balance as of the current datetime, as well as all transactions made by the card up to the current datetime. I'm also willing to use a trusted escrow if that is required, and I'd pay the fees (assuming it's a reasonable rate).

Not that I don't understand the hesitation. If I had a BTC for every random person making "offers" out of the blue, I'd have a 500 GH/s rig by now. Smiley
BryanK

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:29:22 PM

The only concluded transactions I have under my belt are failed scam attempts by people with English as a second language.

As to the gift card, I can provide a screen shot (or picture from my phone) of the current balance as of the current datetime, as well as all transactions made by the card up to the current datetime. I'm also willing to use a trusted escrow if that is required, and I'd pay the fees (assuming it's a reasonable rate).

Not that I don't understand the hesitation. If I had a BTC for every random person making "offers" out of the blue, I'd have a 500 GH/s rig by now. Smiley
Yeah, I know I get it. But also keep in mind that there are other members on this site selling Starbucks Giftcards for 30% and 40% off Face value.

9/59 = 18% off.

Not trying to be harsh. Just trying to help and be honest with you.
WorldWideBTC (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:10:41 PM

Yeah, I know I get it. But also keep in mind that there are other members on this site selling Starbucks Giftcards for 30% and 40% off Face value.

9/59 = 18% off.

Not trying to be harsh. Just trying to help and be honest with you.

Wow. I didn't actually calculate how much people were knocking off of the value. I'll change my price. Thanks for the tip.
jakedeez

Activity: 512

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:21:34 PM

Where are you shipping from?  I'll just send the btc for $40 at gox prices. 
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:30:07 PM

I am interested but is there any way to know this isn't a scam?  We would have to send BTC first and then you'll ship?  Perhaps you can provide photo of card in hand, and we can verify amount on card?

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
WorldWideBTC (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:29:13 PM

Where are you shipping from?  I'll just send the btc for $40 at gox prices. 

I'm not shipping from anywhere. This sale is for the card number and PIN of the card. I'd imagine a buyer would transfer the balance to an existing physical card.

I am interested but is there any way to know this isn't a scam?

The only assurance I can give is I'm more than willing to use an escrow for the transaction. Also, unless it was someone who I genuinely distrusted, I would never ask for the coins up front.

We would have to send BTC first and then you'll ship?

No, not at all. I would provide the number and PIN up front to a Trusted member, or provide that information to the escrow used, who can then communicate with the buyer regarding the validity of the card balance.

Perhaps you can provide photo of card in hand, and we can verify amount on card?

The best I can do is a timestamped picture of the current balance and current transaction history. As I said, I'm more than willing to use a trusted escrow provider to make sure the buyer is comfortable during the transaction. The escrow would be responsible for checking the card balance via Starbuck's web site, relaying the OK to the buyer, and then transferring the card's information to that buyer (and of course releasing the BTC to my wallet.).

If any part of my post didn't make sense, just ask for clarification - I just got woken up after two hours of sleep so my head is a little rung.

The following is from the https://www.starbucks.com/card/guestbalance balance check -

Card balance
$59.32

as of 1/2/2014 9:20 AM

This card is valid, and any escrow used in this transaction will be able to prove that (it just occurred to me that sending pictures as proof is meaningless, as I can't show the card number and PIN being entered to prove the card being validated.).
WorldWideBTC (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:48:18 PM

Bumping yet again.

Card is still valid as of 1/3/2014.
WorldWideBTC (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:07:39 AM

Bumping this since it's been a while. Balance is still valid. Asking $40 in BTC.

Will use any escrow you require.

Will send first to trusted members.

http://postimg.org/image/tg3re003j/

Just checked it at the time of this post.
jakedeez

Activity: 512

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:12:20 PM

PM me your wallet address and I'll just send you the $40 in BTC... I'll buy it and pay first.
WorldWideBTC (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:24:40 PM

PM me your wallet address and I'll just send you the $40 in BTC... I'll buy it and pay first.

Good transaction.

This card is SOLD!

Sale over.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: