Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:27:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [New Project] New Offline Sending Method  (Read 541 times)
artw1982 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:44:41 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 01:29:53 AM by artw1982

I've read countless threads on several forums of people complaining how difficult it is to send offline transactions. So I was thinking about it, and this is what I've come up with.

For the offline computer:
A script with a simple interface that will create a partial raw transaction hex and display a QR code representing it's value.
Yes, a QR code CAN hold that much data. The script would be opensource.

For the online device (cellphone?)
A mobile app that will scan the QR code get unspent trxid's and send the raw transaction to the network. We all have cellphones these days, right?
Could also write a script that can use a webcam to read the QR code I guess. The mobile apps would be opensource as well.

Now what?
I've written the first version of the script and iPhone application. I want to do an application for Android as well. The problem I'm having is covering cost of the developer accounts for Apple and Google. I've got another large Bitcoin project going on as well that has drained my account.

$99 /year for Apple
$25 one time fee

0.4BTC would cover 3 years of Apple and the Android developer cost.

I'm not really asking for donations, I'm just saying. If you'd like to donate it'd be appreciated and I'd get the apps on the markets as soon as the developer accounts were paid. Both apps would remain free in the market.

I'm also looking for feedback.

This is an example of a signed raw transaction encoded into a QR code.

rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:14:39 AM

How are you getting details about available input scripts to the offline machine? Does it have its own camera to receive this data?
artw1982 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:39:03 AM

I was editing my post as you replied. The QR will hold a partial raw transaction. When you scan the QR the mobile app will get the unspent transactions and finish the push into the network.
nov

Activity: 433
Merit: 251

Independent crypto developer

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 07:51:16 AM

I have been thinking about the same concept. And this will be feature will be implemented added in the MultiCoin app, which I am starting to work.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=394311.0

I've read countless threads on several forums of people complaining how difficult it is to send offline transactions. So I was thinking about it, and this is what I've come up with.

For the offline computer:
A script with a simple interface that will create a partial raw transaction hex and display a QR code representing it's value.
Yes, a QR code CAN hold that much data. The script would be opensource.

For the online device (cellphone?)
A mobile app that will scan the QR code get unspent trxid's and send the raw transaction to the network. We all have cellphones these days, right?
Could also write a script that can use a webcam to read the QR code I guess. The mobile apps would be opensource as well.

Now what?
I've written the first version of the script and iPhone application. I want to do an application for Android as well. The problem I'm having is covering cost of the developer accounts for Apple and Google. I've got another large Bitcoin project going on as well that has drained my account.

$99 /year for Apple
$25 one time fee

0.4BTC would cover 3 years of Apple and the Android developer cost.

I'm not really asking for donations, I'm just saying. If you'd like to donate it'd be appreciated and I'd get the apps on the markets as soon as the developer accounts were paid. Both apps would remain free in the market.

I'm also looking for feedback.

This is an example of a signed raw transaction encoded into a QR code.

WowDoge - DogeCoin Lightweight Wallet DOGE: DLoawzLvw5WvvpGUkSTxrwMgKhkamsqFo7
Vertigo - VertCoin Lightweight Wallet VTC: VertGv5nVwYYR7mTmDDeAP9et1NJyAsC9P | Exelite - ExeCoin Lightweight Wallet EXE: ELiteWbMDwX95YZj5Jf5BkHS54qbH7wpXg | Lightweight Wallet Creation Service
MultiCoin - Multiple Crypto Coin Lightweight Wallet in Development BTC: 1EKT9uaaDbTRuwjttFQbfax7KmGNZX32HP | BitcoinViewer - Bitcoin Balances & Transactions on iPhone/iPad BTC: 1NEvfbiA5Bs2sG2jqRdCidGUjLD5JjAjEZ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: