Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:40:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Completed Scam]  (Read 5154 times)
Delarock

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:03:19 PM

I'm honestly amused. Well played.
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:07:47 PM

Seller says that he's going to ship item today. I am still willing to give the benefit of the doubt until tomorrow.

I really appreciate everyone's input here. It's good to know that everyone is out looking for scammers.

I sent a PM to the buyer to discuss details of the sale because I tend to ask a ton of questions and I would rather not clutter the public thread. However, I do insist upon making details of the sale public before I send payment. In this case, I considered the amount of BTC0.24 to be an amount that would not only be disproportionately increased by escrow, but (more importantly) an amount that I was willing to lose half of if the sale went bad.

Even though I am not the most active member, I do read a lot and I am well aware of best practices when it comes to transactions here. This deal was voluntary on my part, but thanks to everyone for watching out.

Everyone is correct, there was no Jalapeno. Though it means nothing, I'm sincerely sorry that I've taken the coins, and I wish you good luck in cryptocurrency.

thanks for confirming what we already knew
Thedovahkiin909 (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:13:10 PM

Thank you. It's actually my first time.
...The descent has begun.

Good luck finding ASICs. Also, I'd say always use an escrow for purchases over $100 and buyers with unverified/low trust.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:14:36 PM

Give him back the money now.

At least some Wink

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Thedovahkiin909 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:23:44 PM

At least some Wink
That's a very good idea you have there, erre.

Delarock, give me an address to return the money to, so I can log it down. When I start making real money (legitimately or illegitimately), I'll send you the $95 back.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:33:06 PM

At least some Wink
That's a very good idea you have there, erre.

Delarock, give me an address to return the money to, so I can log it down. When I start making real money (legitimately or illegitimately), I'll send you the $95 back.

I'm confused, Thedovahkiin909, was this a lesson to Delarock, and you do intend on returning the money? Or are you trying to give Delarock hope that you will return the money so you can make a smoother getaway.

I'd be rather impressed if you sent the Bitcoins back actually.
Delarock

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:59:25 PM

Lol @ smoother getaway

19a5A42kiCA5A83iKMUr1TGkYiygn4SNcu

If you want to send it back.
Thedovahkiin909 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:14:35 PM

I'm confused, Thedovahkiin909, was this a lesson to Delarock, and you do intend on returning the money? Or are you trying to give Delarock hope that you will return the money so you can make a smoother getaway.

I'm not quite sure I understand you. I see no way that stealing with the supposed intention of returning the money would make a "smoother getaway." This is a forum on Bitcoins, and everything attached to this account is a burner, I couldn't have exited smoother.

This was not a lesson for Delarock, it was a scheme for personal gain at the expense of another. However, I consider myself a good sport, and see no reason to fuck someone over more than is necessary.

Lol @ smoother getaway

To be clear: I meant that sooner or later, be it months or years, I will return the money, when $100 isn't such a reward that I literally got off of my couch to perform pelvic thrusts when I got 5 confirmations.
fenghush

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:35:28 PM

Don't be so sure that everything you used to create this account was a burner. I run a midsized hosting company and I was contacted by a detective not so long ago concerning a scam on craigslist involving hardware that never got delivered and an IP he got from craigslist belonging to my IP range. Long story short thanks to my and craigslist's cooperation the scam artist was identified and arrested despite him using VPN, fake information and throw away e-mail address.
You're increasing the chances of getting caught the more you post here, timestamps rarely lie and with some regexp magic its rather trivial to cross reference.
I'm sort of an anarchist myself but people like you should be locked up, ripping people off doesn't not constitute of you being a good sport, sooner or later the scams you've done will catch up with you. My advise to you is quit while you're ahead, this is not a way to earn for a living.

I'm not quite sure I understand you. I see no way that stealing with the supposed intention of returning the money would make a "smoother getaway." This is a forum on Bitcoins, and everything attached to this account is a burner, I couldn't have exited smoother.

This was not a lesson for Delarock, it was a scheme for personal gain at the expense of another. However, I consider myself a good sport, and see no reason to fuck someone over more than is necessary.

Lol @ smoother getaway

To be clear: I meant that sooner or later, be it months or years, I will return the money, when $100 isn't such a reward that I literally got off of my couch to perform pelvic thrusts when I got 5 confirmations.

Thedovahkiin909 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:09:06 PM

You do have a point, I've let my ego get the better of me.

Goodbye.
Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:14:09 PM

Hmmmmm. User admits theft openly. I could see LE getting involved. I hope you used 7 proxies, dovaklin.
Delarock

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:17:51 PM

He stated he was shipping from North Carolina. Anyone want to help me track this person down?
mpattison

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:44:12 PM

I don't think the OP understands how IP trace-backs & logs work...
If staff here decided to provide me or any network-inclined users with the IP address of the OP, I could trace it back in less than 20 minutes.  Of course this becomes more difficult the more proxies he is working through, but I am going out on a limb and assuming he used less than 2.

Why are staff so reluctant to provide information on known (and in this case, admitted) scammers?

I could single handedly expose him, his ISP, his personal IP, his alt accounts, his e-mail addresses if given the adequate information.
prezbo

Activity: 430

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:49:51 PM

I don't think the OP understands how IP trace-backs & logs work...
If staff here decided to provide me or any network-inclined users with the IP address of the OP, I could trace it back in less than 20 minutes.  Of course this becomes more difficult the more proxies he is working through, but I am going out on a limb and assuming he used less than 2.

I'm all for getting the fuck but if he has half a brain he used tor.
sandrig

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:20:43 PM

A perfect example of why escrow is important when dealing with members that don't have established trust ratings. Here's a list of forum members that are willing to provide escrow services: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0
Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:26:57 PM

If I was site admin, I wouldn't release IP logs without a warrant... Doxing people is bad news.
dogie
Legendary

Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 08:34:24 PM

If I was site admin, I wouldn't release IP logs without a warrant... Doxing people is bad news.
Within the authority of the forum, this doesn't get much clearer as a confirmed scam. I'm personally for IP providing in these cases.

Someone trolled one of my for sale threads before I had significant trust history, pretending to be an alt account. I asked mods to provide IPs (or just show that they wern't mine....) and they said that IP information isn't collected. Its a shame, so many scammers could be provided to the FBI with just that IP.

brixton74

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:27:30 PM

Is that a helpful IP in the lower right hand side?

dogie
Legendary

Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 09:38:09 PM

Is that a helpful IP in the lower right hand side?

Come on guys!
LOL gg, that's his proxy IP he was using on the tor browser. Its nothing to do with that particular site: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/10498, but the administrator of that site could track the view at that time stamp with that IP and trace it back from there. Or science or something Tongue

grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:41:37 PM

Or if he used a VPN...  sort of hard to track down then.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀