Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:02:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We have Subforums!  (Read 7512 times)
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:50:22 AM

So should older coins also be keeping their main threads in announcements?

Also, thinking about this again, I will move threads to their appropriate places, but only the ones on the first few pages (I'm aware that older threads will come forward as I do)

This way the older inactive coins and threads can just be left where they are, and the newer active and still valid ones will be moved to their appropriate spots. And I will continue to move active threads as they pop up until all thats left is new general discussion, and the old inactive threads are burried.
rudyo

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:56:26 AM

So is there a distinct place to discuss the pools?  You have a few major pools, wemineltc, middlecoin, multipool, hashco.ws and soon to be pool.warz. To me they belong under Alternate cryptocurrencies/mining but in a new sub category maybe called "pools"

If you want further delineation, give each major pool their own sub (once they have qualified though post counts related to their pool). This would keep the main forums form becoming too messy.

Just a thought...

Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:57:56 AM

Amazing news! Thank you!

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:59:24 AM

So is there a distinct place to discuss the pools?  You have a few major pools, wemineltc, middlecoin, multipool, hashco.ws and soon to be pool.warz. To me they belong under Alternate cryptocurrencies/mining but in a new sub category maybe called "pools"

If you want further delineation, give each major pool their own sub (once they have qualified though post counts related to their pool). This would keep the main forums form becoming too messy.

Just a thought...

We will have to wait another few years for more subforums, the goal is to make use of what we have.

I'm seriously thinking that Pools should go to Announcements for these reasons:

First, pools could be construed as a service, which does go to Announcements

Second, if you see the pool threads, they say [ANN] Insert Pool. That is generally a good indicator that Announcements is a good place for them

Third, as I mentioned before, the Announcements section should be far more static and not difficult to manually find things. People looking for mining help shouldn't be wading through pool announcements as well.

I kind of picture Mining as being about Mining Discussion, Speculation, Questions, etc.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 09:09:45 AM

Excellent! That will make reading the forums a LOT easier.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:14:11 AM

Be much smarter to filter out all the scamcoins, that would clear the clutter.
Unfortunately what was frowned on in making alts only a few months ago has become common practice Sad
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 09:31:13 AM

Thank you salty, this needed to happen badly

Nanolucas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 09:45:30 AM

Excellent to see!

To answer the question from the OP: Pool Announcement threads make more sense in the Mining subforum as far as I'm concerned.

Where are giveaway threads meant to go? In the OP you said there wouldn't be a subforum for them, but they seem to contribute the most clutter of anything and they don't seem to clearly fit in any of the added subforums.
yabit

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:10:11 AM

Thank you, this is helpful!

Happy New Year !
userpacman

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 10:16:43 AM

Be it the persistance of the community, or my own OCD that made me bug Theymos until we had some sort of organization system, we now have Subforums! Everyone be sure to thank Theymos (even if just in your head because he probably wouldn't be happy about recieving thousands of PMs)

We now have Announcements, which will be used for New Coin Announcements as well as Service announcements.

Mining, which will be for all things mining, technical help, etc.

and Marketplace which is for buying/selling things for Alt Coins.

The top level board that is just general "Alternate Currencies" which you are in now if you are reading this sticky, will be used for General Discussion, Fud, etc.

We thought it was impossible to get subforums, and we managed! If theres one thing to take away from this, its please don't ask for any more. We will make do with what we have and be damn happy!
(*future prediction here* within a few pages, we will have people asking for Giveaways section, and others*) NO

We will have to develop general guidelines for what sections to use for each senario, as well as , which is what will be posted in this thread when we have figured them out.

Grin

Question Number 1 for Everyone, please feel free to answer in this thread or Pm me with your thoughts

Should Pool Announcement threads go in Announcements or Mining?

I initially thought that they would go in Announcements, and that Mining would be for Mining related discussion and support, but I also see them fitting in Mining. Let me know what is on your minds.

I shall return tomorrow and will read over everyone's comments. I am partially decided that Mining Pools should go to Announcements, as they are something like a Service Announcement and for other various reasons I've listed throughout the first two pages of the thread but am too tired to quote right now.

Ty!

Join our DOPE pool - 1% fee - register now!
http://dope.internetarena.it
Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:36:30 AM

First of all - thank you, thank you very much for doing this!

Personally, I'm for putting pool announcements in the Mining subforum.  I'd like to keep the Announcements section for new coins only, discussion about these coins can be continued in the original threads for them.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 10:48:20 AM

Is it possible for someone to move his threads? If yes how?

Edit: Yes you can if you go down of the page of your thread it says move topic
Zubilica

Activity: 837

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:49:47 AM

Giveaway sub-forum will be nice as well 
djkovrik

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:07:23 AM

+1 vote for giveaway section! We have 11 giveaways in first page now, for example
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:50:18 AM

Awesome job!!!

Give-away section and pool section would be even better though  Cool

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
efx

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:53:18 AM

I agree,

A dedicated giveaway section in particular would be the most useful since those threads tend to be short lived by nature.

However, it sounds like keeping the sub sections to three is pretty strongly preferred for now. Perhaps the section that would otherwise get the least traffic would be able to absorb

the giveaway threads without too much trouble?
Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:12:13 PM

Pools should go to Mining, otherwise the Announcement thread will be even more cluttered!

Radix - just imagine
MiningCamp

Activity: 73
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:50:05 PM

Pools should go to Mining, otherwise the Announcement thread will be even more cluttered!
Its good idea, or maybe pools should be at the "Pools" branch. Anyways, admins going great job, thank you for your time !
ACcMiner

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:31:45 PM

Now you got me confused a bit  Huh

I was just going to post an announcement about a mining application I wrote.  Grin
Where do you want me to put this? (no kidding)
MiningCamp

Activity: 73
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:47:46 PM

Now you got me confused a bit  Huh

I was just going to post an announcement about a mining application I wrote.  Grin
Where do you want me to put this? (no kidding)
To Mining.
And I think it should be Developers subforum, cause its alot of tasks are "altcoin specific" so cannot be placed at bitcoin forum. IMHO.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: