Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:29:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New CloudHashing contracts ($9.49 for 1 Gh/s) are NOT profitable?  (Read 4865 times)
michielnl (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:37:51 AM

Here is press release: http://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/cloudhashing-com-announces-industry-first-080629423.html
"In the Bitcoin mining industry, where projections but not promises are the norm, CloudHashing.com's announcement could shake up an already extremely competitive industry at a time when Bitcoin is becoming more mainstream.
The company announced that customers can now pre-order cutting-edge Bitcoin mining contracts at a cost of just $9.49 per Gigahash/sec guaranteed to begin Feb. 15 or full refunds will be given. This cost-per-Gigahash is significantly less than anything announced, and CloudHashing.com's established track record of delivering cloud mining services since July makes the announcement a potential game changer.
Additionally, CloudHashing.com announced a reduction in its mining pool fee from ten percent to three percent along with the elimination of management fees. These fees are used to pay for electricity and maintenance in the datacenters."

You have to order 100.00 Gh/s for 949 USD minimum.

If we now calculate at http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator
(with hardware price 0, power 0, delivery cost 0, setup 0, maintenance 0, etc)

If start date = 2014-02-01, then in 1 year the return is 726.80 USD
If start date = 2014-02-15, then in 1 year the return is 539.30 USD
If start date = 2014-03-01, then in 1 year the return is 399.70 USD
Profit: 949.00 USD - 539.30 USD = 409.70 USD negative profit!

** CONCLUSION: this investment probably will return a loss with current BTC/USD rate and expected difficulty increases **

Alternative scenario: ONLY if we change BTC/USD to 1,317 USD, we will break even ... :-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cummins59

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:04:56 PM

DO NOT BUY A CLOUDHASHING.COM CONTRACT!!!!

I purchased and paid for a 2 year contract at 20GH. Now after 1 month and over 100 emails that assholes REFUSE to get my miner mining or refund my money. I have filed a report with the Internet Fraud Dept. in the UK and there have been a shitload of complaints!

What's even funnier, the dickwads blocked my email address from contacting customer support. All of this over a $999, 2 year contract. I can only imagine the business customers whom have been screwed out of thousands.
JackBlak

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:48:11 PM

That's strange. They were vetted by the nyt.
We don't have to scream 'scam' every time we have a bad experience with bitcoin. I am new to it and have been burnt once already by a new provider. Screaming scam doesn't help us in our goal as a 'community' - helping bitcoin gain traction with the mainstream.
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 02:07:47 PM

So you speculate on the BTC difficulty increases yet do not speculate on any BTC price increases aside from a mention at the end. That is the game anyone plays with them, and the math they need to run through to determine if one will be profitable and you are right that it needs to come into it or no one will make money, that is true now and has always been true for them aside from the short time BTC was above $1200 USD.

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:55:36 AM

We don't have to scream 'scam' every time we have a bad experience with bitcoin. I am new to it and have been burnt once already by a new provider. Screaming scam doesn't help us in our goal as a 'community' - helping bitcoin gain traction with the mainstream.

This is a community of pirates I'm afraid. Cloudhashing are one of the biggest scams IMHO.
Cummins59

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:11:34 PM

I may stand corrected. After pitching a bitch, moan and groan and 100 or so emails, the guys at CloudHashing.com squared up with me and as far as I am CURRENTLY concerned, did right. Zac, Lucas, Michael and even Patrick seemed like some decently cool dudes trying to establish a company. Hopefully, everything I encountered for a month was a growing pain.....If not, I will be the first and loudest to scream FRAUD, but for now, thumbs up!
turbocharged

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:12:26 PM

Avoid Cloud Hashing like the plague !!!
Cloudhashing is big FRAUD !!!!

In Dec of 2013 I purchased the Silver Mining Contract (10 GH/s) for 1.73 BTC, based on comments in this forum and elsewhere that the Cloudhashing silver contact would yield about 5 BTC/yr.   It was immediately clear that it wasn't hashing at the claimed 5 BTC/yr rate, so I immediately requested a refund, as offered in their offer for sale. Zac at Cloudhashing said they would issue the refund. After several weeks of excuses, they issued a partial refund of 1.25 BTC. They claimed the refund was in the dollar equivalent. This was after they delayed for several weeks and the BTC / USD rated changed significantly. They fleeced me for 0.46 BTC. Can you imagine if you purchased foreign on a FOREX exchange at the market, and the trader did the trade, then wouldn't credit your account for several weeks waits for the exchange rate to change, then pockets the difference? That's effectively what CloudHashing does.....

I pinged a message to the CEO, Emmnauel Abiodun, with documents about the problem and lack of full refund, and the problems I was having with the customer support, or lack thereof.  Emmnauel was totally flippant in his reply, effectively telling me off, that if I had a concern that I should talk to customer support.

(You should ask your self why there is no phone number on the website, and they won't tell you the full name of the staff that work there). *** Look on the BitCoinTalk.org forum, many people who have been ripped off by CloudHashing are just now coming forward. *** - some comments on user CloudHasher - are showing the fraud there.

If you've been scammed by CloudHashing, please come forward about your situation on these Forums.  
Otherwise, their scam will go on, and they will make the BitCoin and Altcoin community look very bad to new users and new investors.
I can't think of a worse ambassador to the Bitcoin community than Cloudhashing (well, now that Silk Road is shut down).

People are just now learning about and coming forward about this Bernie Madoff level scam from CloudHashing.

I've contacted some of their advertisers.
A big reason I went with Cloudhashing was their ads on Info Wars with Alex Jones via the GCN.
Alex Jones says he personally uses the products he advertises.   That likely true with many of his product in the Infowarsstore, I doubt it's the case with

If this goes on, people also need to contact
centraltx.BBB.org
SEC.gov (Securities Fraud)
FTC.gov (False Advertising, Fraud, Refusal to give the requested refund they claim to offer)
FCC.com (False Ads, bait and switch)

Also call their ad network and discuss how you got burned by CloudHashing.
When I talked with Jason Worsley, ad rep, at GNC (Genesis Communication Network)
http://www.gcnlive.com/CMS/index.php
 877-996-4327  x118
Jason told me it was the first he'd heard the Cloudhashing is a scam.
So if you've been fleeced by Cloudhashing, it's important you call the leadership at GCN and Infowars to let them know of this fraud.
You may need to talk with Ted Anderson, the founder at CGN to get resolution.

at Infowars.com
the contact number is
888-253-3139
ask for the office support team for the radio show

Good luck on getting any positive ROI, let alone a lucrative return.  
Ditto in trying to get your refund they claim to offer in 7 days, when you find the hash rates aren't anywhere they need to be for the deal to pencil economically.

(If you're new to BitCoin/Altcoin, my best results so far have been:
LocalBitCoins.com  (just pay cash and meet in person at a local coffee shop with wifi to deal the deal to buy or sell some BTC)
run a mining program on your computer(s) and mine at home for DogeCoin, LiteCoin, or other Scrypt based coins, they can be traded to BTC on the exchanges if need be).

bit.alex

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:07:54 AM

$9.49 for 1GH/s? No thanks.
greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:21:59 PM

In Dec of 2013 I purchased the Silver Mining Contract (10 GH/s) for 1.73 BTC, based on comments in this forum and elsewhere that the Cloudhashing silver contact would yield about 5 BTC/yr.   It was immediately clear that it wasn't hashing at the claimed 5 BTC/yr rate, so I immediately requested a refund, as offered in their offer for sale.

I'm not really sure it was ever Cloudhashing's fault that you failed to understand network difficulty to the point where you thought a BTC/year rate on mining made any sense whatsoever.
ujka

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:49:30 PM

$9.49 for 1GH/s? No thanks.
$9.49 for 1gh/s?
Their website lists 3 contracts - $999 for 10gh, $3999 for 50gh, and $8999 for 300gh.
That's way over $9.49 for gh - $99.9, or $79.98, or $30 for gh!
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:55:19 AM

And the NYT knows how much about bitcoin exactly?
They have morons there feeding sheep what they want to hear.

We don't have to scream 'scam' every time we have a bad experience with bitcoin. I am new to it and have been burnt once already by a new provider.
If you're new to bitcoin then shut up and watch the show. Any advice you think you can give others will likely be wrong.
Don't start thinking that calm 'logic' will get you anywhere. You'll be boiled like a frog.
In fact, you're sitting in a warm pan already. Can't you feel the heat underneath your feet? Jump. Jump!
Screaming scam doesn't help us in our goal as a 'community' - helping bitcoin gain traction with the mainstream.

Right, because it's always better to get scammed in numbers. Are you a catholic btw?

BTCBlade

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:15:09 PM

In Dec of 2013 I purchased the Silver Mining Contract (10 GH/s) for 1.73 BTC, based on comments in this forum and elsewhere that the Cloudhashing silver contact would yield about 5 BTC/yr.   It was immediately clear that it wasn't hashing at the claimed 5 BTC/yr rate, so I immediately requested a refund, as offered in their offer for sale.

I'm not really sure it was ever Cloudhashing's fault that you failed to understand network difficulty to the point where you thought a BTC/year rate on mining made any sense whatsoever.

I 2nd response

turbocharged = sore loser
He is bitching about overpaying and not being able to return a product that he realized in hindsight he didnt want after globalized econ has turned
Thats like trying to return a options contract/ or simplier for this idiot, a verizon wireless 2 year phone contract, after you realized that you WILL need more data per month because digital files are all bigger in size

I seriously hate sore loser retards long winded bitching on the internet

$9+ per Gh/s, NO THANKS based upon my understanding of this ledger keeping system : )

turbo i hope you see this and learn how to do business like a man haha
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: