Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:40:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: lost 1000$ in dogecoin investment  (Read 7252 times)
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:09:05 PM

First off, its been said time and time again that this was nothing but a hype coin. Anyone that bought into it early well.... to be kind... a fool. Some people warned ( like myself ) , instead got shot down because this was to be the next coming of sliced bread....
Sorry dude... cant feel sorry for you. Warnings put forth, turn a blind eye... hope you learned something. If not I hear cagecoin is a great investment right now.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:09:52 PM

i have 7 million doge coins watched the rise and fall but i prefer the long term approach,

This is called being a 'bag holder'.

Or sucker....

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
sitefive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:10:27 PM

i have 7 million doge coins watched the rise and fall but i prefer the long term approach,

lol exactly Cheesy

Raist

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:12:02 PM

Forex is smokin'. Nervously))). One troll is putting graph where the price of the doge in braking the floor. On Cryptsy the price is smooth 60 and imo will be for several months. If doge doomed to die the trade one day simply will stop and doge will go to history. If he has a destiny to be alive then he will slowly eat the buying steps till some moment. What have you loose my boy? You have bought 10k doges for your grand? Do not make my kung-fu slippers laugh. One is trolling, second has lost his money in gambling and now ask the community to refund. Today is a lovely humorous evening. Smiley
Namachieli

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:16:55 PM

Forex is smokin'. Nervously))). One troll is putting graph where the price of the doge in braking the floor. On Cryptsy the price is smooth 60 and imo will be for several months. If doge doomed to die the trade one day simply will stop and doge will go to history. If he has a destiny to be alive then he will slowly eat the buying steps till some moment. What have you loose my boy? You have bought 10k doges for your grand? Do not make my kung-fu slippers laugh. One is trolling, second has lost his money in gambling and now ask the community to refund. Today is a lovely humorous evening. Smiley

Best thing I've read in a week
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:17:38 PM

One day you will have to carry wheelbarrows of dollars to the store to buy dogecoins

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Thorgrim

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 06:50:24 PM

I just love those narrow-minded people who hate or dont understand DOGE fenomen. Meme is just a part of DOGE success.
One simple fact for you. DOGE is still on top of the profitability list despite being heavily mined and heavily sold.
If you buy high and sell low then its your own fault.
Money doesnt grow on trees.

The only reason Dogecoin is still high in profitability is that the volume of coins being produced is very high. It is already almost 20% mined in less then a month. When the block reward goes down the profitability will fall also. By then there will be a ton of coins and they will be worth very little.

Market Cap is only holding steady because coins are going up dramatically every day.

Let Doge be a lesson for all those that will buy anything with a rising price. The flavor of the week/month is most often not a good longer term investment. If you want something that will be worth more a year form now then it is now better stick to quality coins with serious names and solid development teams that are actually doing things and not just talking.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 06:57:28 PM

Yeah really, you only lost if you sold while it was low.

Instead, pile them all up as sell orders up high so they get sold off next time it bubbles up again.

If it acts like DeVCoin then these down spells are great, as all your buy orders get hit on the way down, which hopefully are buy orders you placed low as your sell orders got hit on the way up. Ups and downs are the lifeblood of traders.

That is thinking like a trader. Thinking like an investor you should be still confident in your original estimation that the asset is a good investment (else you wouldn't've invested) thus just ignore these temporary down-spells. You wouldn't have unloaded all your bitcoins when they dropped from $32 to $2, would you? Or when they dropped from $1000+ to $725 or whatever?

Either be an investor and hold long term, or be a trader and love the downs as buying opportunities and the ups as times to sell some so as to place new buy orders down low to catch the next dip...

As a trader you want ups and downs, they are your income. As an investor you smile confidently at the "weak hands" who are dumping, maybe pick up more even, knowing full well that you picked winners and it is just a matter of time until they win.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
testbitcoiner

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

I like crypto

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:54:01 PM

doge is a joke coin. a meme made into a coin. a troll coin to legitimite alt coins

it has the life cycle of any normal meme. first hype, then people get bored with it and jump to the next.

e.g. earthcoin has a EAC/us-dollar-only  exchange planned, a android wallet and has a huge dev team behind it.

doge has what? a meme? that is of no use.  dev team? you mean one guy who thinks the doge meme is funny. tomorrow he'll think something else is funny.

Dogecoin's community is bigger than Litecoin, that's what it has.

Doge already has a mobile wallet: http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1u8oe6/over_1000_downloads_for_dogecoin_mobile_wallet_a/

in some ways you're correct. but the "community" doge has consists of those 2 second attention span guys that 4chan produces and reddit ages....

they are great at hyping shit into the stratosphere, but they suck at remembering, analyzing, comprehending or earning
JohnDoeCrypto

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:58:39 PM

doge is a joke coin. a meme made into a coin. a troll coin to legitimite alt coins

it has the life cycle of any normal meme. first hype, then people get bored with it and jump to the next.

e.g. earthcoin has a EAC/us-dollar-only  exchange planned, a android wallet and has a huge dev team behind it.

doge has what? a meme? that is of no use.  dev team? you mean one guy who thinks the doge meme is funny. tomorrow he'll think something else is funny.

Doge already has a mobile wallet: http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1u8oe6/over_1000_downloads_for_dogecoin_mobile_wallet_a/

in some ways you're correct. but the "community" doge has consists of those 2 second attention span guys that 4chan produces and reddit ages....

they are great at hyping shit into the stratosphere, but they suck at remembering, analyzing, comprehending or earning

And we need those guys here. We need more of them. We need all iShit buyers from all over the world get into crypto !!! Smiley
testbitcoiner

Activity: 126

I like crypto

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:02:43 PM

And we need those guys here. We need more of them. We need all iShit buyers from all over the world get into crypto !!! Smiley

I actually totally agree.

I meant this just as a reason why those guys jumped on doge:

they were not crypto people. they got into doge as their first altcoin.

my reasoning is, that they will gravitate to more serious coins, like EAC, which have a real dev team behind them once the lol part is over

what good is doge to them if all it does is fall in value? it's almost like the US dollar... the only thing doge does reliably, is go down each day Wink
frank754

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:14:42 PM

I'm liking Dogecoin right now, it's earning me 50% more per day than mining Litecoins , and coinwarz.com is showing it as fairly stable (in mining) vs the other choices (but with exchange rate variability below average). The value is low, but hopefully will not vary by more than 5% on the downside. As the BTC diff goes up, maybe more people will take a look at these other altcoins.  Should I hold onto them or trade them for BTC every few days as I mine them, to be safe?
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:18:09 PM

To be honest? The kind of people who love Dogecoin don't really care. I don't mean the investors, or miners purely interested in its worth in BTC, but the hardcore dogefans and community that support this coin. People laugh at Dogecoin, but it has a massive community now. With all the crapcoins flooding this place on a daily basis, those who dismiss Dogecoin as being in any way the same are not seeing the big picture. Dogecoin was the first meme coin to make it mainstream. It's happened. Doesn't matter now. It will always have a place.

I don't know about it going "to the Moon", but Dogecoin aint going anywhere. Sorry to say.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:19:54 PM

Yeah really, you only lost if you sold while it was low.

Instead, pile them all up as sell orders up high so they get sold off next time it bubbles up again.

If it acts like DeVCoin then these down spells are great, as all your buy orders get hit on the way down, which hopefully are buy orders you placed low as your sell orders got hit on the way up. Ups and downs are the lifeblood of traders.

That is thinking like a trader. Thinking like an investor you should be still confident in your original estimation that the asset is a good investment (else you wouldn't've invested) thus just ignore these temporary down-spells. You wouldn't have unloaded all your bitcoins when they dropped from $32 to $2, would you? Or when they dropped from $1000+ to $725 or whatever?

Either be an investor and hold long term, or be a trader and love the downs as buying opportunities and the ups as times to sell some so as to place new buy orders down low to catch the next dip...

As a trader you want ups and downs, they are your income. As an investor you smile confidently at the "weak hands" who are dumping, maybe pick up more even, knowing full well that you picked winners and it is just a matter of time until they win.

-MarkM-

+1

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Morticio

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:22:16 PM

Bitcoin up a lot today. All alt coin drop.
MoneyGrabber

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:36:10 AM

Or sucker....

They took about an hour to mine, cost me about 70 pence, they are still worth in the region of $2,500+ at the current rate and yes i am still going to keep them, Sucker i don't think so Muppet. But hey time will tell if i lose my 70 pence.
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:16:55 AM

Wow! Such Knowledge.

This statement was such a deep analysis.  Did you arrive at your thesis based on empirical research? I'm very much interested in performing a peer review of your work. The data in your findings could actually be revolutionary. I'm thinking maybe Nobel worthy.  Please do share your research. Thanks in advance.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Doges

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:12:31 AM

what good is doge to them if all it does is fall in value? it's almost like the US dollar... the only thing doge does reliably, is go down each day Wink[/b]

It's really hard to hold doge knowing this. I am a die hard fan and I hold some, but I can't lie and say I didn't cash out most of it already. The demand is going to have to keep up a lot, and it just feels very speculative and too much of a gamble to be really deep in to that coin right now.

I mean the 100 billion coin cap is extremely interesting, but as far as even gambling I do not see favorable odds. I don't think the coin will crash. It will just continue to decline in value until mid February when there may* be a spike if the community can keep up its momentum. It seems comparable to investing in the GH/s market for bitcoin constantly in decline.
torusJKL

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:09:44 AM

You only lost in respect from Bitcoin.

Fixed. You bring shame upon the BTC community.
No, you made it even worse.

Correct would be "with respect to" or "in respect of".
See the Oxford dictionary.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
anyone4u

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:33:17 PM

I just love those narrow-minded people who hate or dont understand DOGE fenomen. Meme is just a part of DOGE success.
One simple fact for you. DOGE is still on top of the profitability list despite being heavily mined and heavily sold.
If you buy high and sell low then its your own fault.
Money doesnt grow on trees.

The only reason Dogecoin is still high in profitability is that the volume of coins being produced is very high. It is already almost 20% mined in less then a month. When the block reward goes down the profitability will fall also. By then there will be a ton of coins and they will be worth very little.

Market Cap is only holding steady because coins are going up dramatically every day.

Let Doge be a lesson for all those that will buy anything with a rising price. The flavor of the week/month is most often not a good longer term investment. If you want something that will be worth more a year form now then it is now better stick to quality coins with serious names and solid development teams that are actually doing things and not just talking.

see here protecting our doges
http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1umsla/of_wolves_and_weasels_protecting_our_doges_day_2/

and also
price rose overnight http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1uvo70/in_light_of_the_overnight_price_rise_a_much/
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: