Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:48:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you recieve stolen bitcoins using a bitcoin mixer?  (Read 394 times)
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:58:35 PM

It is happening all the time, but i think that mixers do not work by that way. That is why i am always trying to avoid using them. anyway, bitcoin is a bunch of numbers, they are not being "touched" by anyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:59:11 PM

It is happening all the time, but i think that mixers do not work by that way. That is why i am always trying to avoid using them. anyway, bitcoin is a bunch of numbers, they are not being "touched" by anyone.

I do not receive from it. I think there is no way to stole bitcoin but mostly stolen bitcoin comes from someone account who carelessly manage by owner. I am bring careful in accessing site that probably the way to rob you. I do not used bitcoin mixer because i t is much better to earn from hardwork than to steal because accounts cannot be secured at all.

account78

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:24:27 PM

That really is not possible !!!
Bitcoin is used by Blockchain technology
Blockchain is known to be the safest in the world, and they use blocks that are linked together. It is used extensively in the financial sector. It opens a new window to the financial market.
Throwaway2398

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 04:01:42 AM

Possibly. I suggest sticking with the trusted ones such as bitcoin fog (tor-based) and cryptomixer.us ... stay safe, watch out for fakes
jdarren

Activity: 296
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 11:03:20 PM

Interest Ask.
In fact, bitcoin coins do not have an identifier (number) as on the US dollar.

Therefore, I believe that it is impossible to trace the stolen bitcoins to you

Actually you can with cyber security firms  such as CipherTrace who can trace all of bitcoins. Stolen anything is a risky maneuver
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 11:14:46 PM

wow i just know about bitcoin mixer right now, because i think that bitcoin is hard to tracked, as you know it just give the address, not the owner information. so i think it save for the owner to receive any bitcoin in the world

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 10:55:08 AM

Possibly. I suggest sticking with the trusted ones such as bitcoin fog (tor-based) and cryptomixer.us ... stay safe, watch out for fakes

cryptomixer.us is a scam site. Don't send them any money.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 11:05:18 AM

It is more worrying when you are not mixing your bitcoins and some.of it that you are receiving coming from a stolen wallet. So, the mixers might be a good idea to use in order to get your bitcoins clean from possible accussations of having a stolen bitcoin in your wallet. As what other users mention that even if they use bitcoin mixers to track the stolen bitcoin, it mat be hard since bitcoin mixers are not compatible and has its own way to mix bitcoins.
ramesh770

Activity: 96
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 11:42:26 AM

The users are using bitcoin mixer to clean their bitcoin from all transactions and get freshen up so that no one can track from where the bitcoins came and where it went. That is the main reason of using bitcoin mixer. So i think their is no chance of knowing whether you got stolen bitcoin or clean bitcoin is not able to be noted as it will be mixed from all address and then you get fresh transaction.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 11:50:37 AM

Hi. For people that use bitcoin mixers to mix their bitcoins, is it possible that somebody may actaully end up with stolen bitcoins? So in this case, using a bitcoin mixer could be far worse. For example if these stolen bitcoins are being tracked, then is it possible legit users using a mixing service, could end up with stolen bitcoins? If so, is there any way to prevent this or to find out if you have received stolen coins?

As far as I know, most of the mixers take in dirty coins and give out clean coins. When I mean "clean coins", most often they are freshly mined coins, or coming from 100% verifiable sources.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 08:23:32 PM

As far as I know, most of the mixers take in dirty coins and give out clean coins. When I mean "clean coins", most often they are freshly mined coins, or coming from 100% verifiable sources.
I doubt there is any mixer that actually uses freshly mined coins for the service
if there is, that will be the best main attraction to get people use that mixer
also that mixer would need to have a big mining farm to supply its daily mixing needs
or at least has a good cooperation with big mining pool to have a steady flow of fresh coins

figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 08:57:29 PM

no mixer provides freshly mined coins. that wouldn't be viable since people buy freshly mined coins at a premium.

a good mixer will exchange your tainted coins for a mixture of other peoples tainted coins. this breaks the chain between you and the original outputs. some crappy mixers just move your own coins through another address and send the same tainted coins right back to you.

The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2019, 09:58:35 PM

Although I have not used any bitcoin mixer but its using for hide identity of receiver. If someone know your bitcoin address he can trace you from where you are getting bitcoin and many things can be discovered. So bitcoin mixer will mix your bitcoin and will send to your address. So no one can trace your identity from where coming bitcoin to your address. Or if you want to send bitcoin to someone but you want to hide your identity then bitcoin mixer will help you by mixing your coin. So receiver will not able to understand this bitcoin came from your address. So eventually we can day, there is not possible to trace which is stolen btc. That's why its call bitcoin mixer.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 09:41:05 AM

As far as I know, that's what supposedly mixing is, giving you a fresh mined and clean bitcoins. If not, then it defeats the purpose of using a bitcoin tumbler, imho.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 07:44:03 PM

As far as I know, that's what supposedly mixing is, giving you a fresh mined and clean bitcoins. If not, then it defeats the purpose of using a bitcoin tumbler, imho.

no it doesn't. the purpose of a mixer is right in the name: they mix your coins together with other peoples. it's impossible to eliminate taint in bitcoin due to its design. the only thing you can do is exchange your taint for other peoples taint.

if you want freshly mined coins, you need to source them from miners.

FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 11:31:14 PM

I thought mixers are needed to hide addresses of where coins go from and where come to. I have heard that a user who sends his coins through mixer never can be trucked. Am I wrong?

You are not wrong on your idea. Mixers are made to hide the taint of the coins that you received or to just obfuscate it so that no one could trace it. Once your coins entered into a mixing service, they would fully replace it with coins that came off clean or has other taints in it to cut off the previous connections of the coins to you. In essence, it is untraceable since the coins you will be receiving came from many inputs that are hard to track. So yeah, mixers are pretty damn safe.

How about talking about the service mentioned in your signature compaign. How does the company mix the coins and is the coins 100% clean?
How could we say that Mixers are ''safe" ? maybe someone who's smart enought could "by luck'' findout that your coins are hacked or stolen, will a person go to jail because of a mixer?
fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 12:58:44 AM

Its a big no.Bitcoin mixers are systematic and managed by computers which is design for its purpose.You cant receive or steal bitcoins from mixing company unless there will be a system failure

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 01:10:19 AM

The best mixer in my opinion are exchanges. Once your BTC deposits get transferred to the cold storage addresses, you can withdraw them which technically would come from the exchange's addresses. So, it's not your problem if there was stolen BTC in there.

Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 02:10:47 AM

I think you cant.For sure bitcoin mixers are systematic system managed by AI's or programmed.Even though there will be a malfunction on the system the system will automatically reboot and stop process which means you cant really receive or stole bitcoins from mixers even theres an error

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: