Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:49:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Floating Crypto Island in the Pacific is being built  (Read 184 times)
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:52:10 PM

This will be very very great and awesome if pulled off. Imagine the thrill visiting such an island to meet elite in the Cryptoworld? I wouldn't want to miss such for anything at all. Cryptocurrency has taken over!

Hey Folks

Now, this is interesting...

What do you guys think?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/18/floating-island-is-planned-with-government-cryptocurrency-and-houses.html

A floating island with over 300 house that will use it's own crypto and have it's own government.

I wonder if this could be the start of lots of many colonies all around the world that have their own crypto and their own government.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:01:53 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 08:15:02 PM by franky1

flaws in their plan
*their original fundraiser was to get millions of people to invest just a little bit of money to start their 'planning stage' which was to waste $10m-$20m on a boat that can only bed 30 people so that they have a base of operations to 'plan'.
this was a money waste because they could lease an office somewhere for only a couple hundred thousand for a few years. or ven just have group chat on skype from their homes and start it as a 'garage startup' which is virtually free

*they spent thousands of dollars on graphic designers (not architects) to draw up their utopian dream in colour. problem is they could not even talk about how big a bedroom or bathroom would be. and thus. if you cant calculated the dimensions of a housing unit, you cant calculate the "island" size. and thus you cant calculate how many people could live on the "island" .. so you cant calculate the cost per square foot per person to live there. you cant calculate the amount of supplies needed to feed and clothe the residents. you cant calculate how often re-supply ships will be needed and cant calculate how big/often the disposable of waste would be, or the ecological impact of the island on the ocean would be.
so the thousands of dollars wasted on pretty images didnt even have any architectual or planning input to its design. and there has been no fundemental planing of the basics of supplies, waste disposable, sustainability(farming food space required/how many ships they need to rent/buy for resupply)

*i would reveal many other flaws, but i dont want them doing a rush job of buzzwording some statement of fake numbers to pretend they have done all this planning to scam people into investing into something that actually is unplanned.
this is because last time they ran this promotion, i reverse psych'd them by throwing out a number and funnily enough they ran with that number and made a statement about my mythical number i came up with. and they buzzworded it and made it look like it had substance. but i ripped them apart when i revealed my number had no substance so them using that exact same number had no substance too.

funny part is i brought up these flaws probably 2 years ago maybe.. and they are still not one step forward than then. its like they just want a grab money scheme befor they even do anything.. which to me translates to they are not bothered about doing anything. apart from covering the costs of their own vacations on a pacific island

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
online73

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

Ecowatt.io

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:44:21 PM

Cool project, I really like the idea. By the way, they have a good bounty program. It does not look like much fantastic, but it's tempting. I would really like to live on such an island - a very beautiful idea. A little scares finding such an island in a dangerous environment, but I think that this project is not for one year and the developers will make the necessary amendments over the years. I do not think that such islands will freely float on the seas. I do not want to criticize and look for project shortcomings, I repeat, the project is attractive and I want to believe that the team will succeed.
SuperD007 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:30:03 AM

flaws in their plan
*their original fundraiser was to get millions of people to invest just a little bit of money to start their 'planning stage' which was to waste $10m-$20m on a boat that can only bed 30 people so that they have a base of operations to 'plan'.
this was a money waste because they could lease an office somewhere for only a couple hundred thousand for a few years. or ven just have group chat on skype from their homes and start it as a 'garage startup' which is virtually free

*they spent thousands of dollars on graphic designers (not architects) to draw up their utopian dream in colour. problem is they could not even talk about how big a bedroom or bathroom would be. and thus. if you cant calculated the dimensions of a housing unit, you cant calculate the "island" size. and thus you cant calculate how many people could live on the "island" .. so you cant calculate the cost per square foot per person to live there. you cant calculate the amount of supplies needed to feed and clothe the residents. you cant calculate how often re-supply ships will be needed and cant calculate how big/often the disposable of waste would be, or the ecological impact of the island on the ocean would be.
so the thousands of dollars wasted on pretty images didnt even have any architectual or planning input to its design. and there has been no fundemental planing of the basics of supplies, waste disposable, sustainability(farming food space required/how many ships they need to rent/buy for resupply)

*i would reveal many other flaws, but i dont want them doing a rush job of buzzwording some statement of fake numbers to pretend they have done all this planning to scam people into investing into something that actually is unplanned.
this is because last time they ran this promotion, i reverse psych'd them by throwing out a number and funnily enough they ran with that number and made a statement about my mythical number i came up with. and they buzzworded it and made it look like it had substance. but i ripped them apart when i revealed my number had no substance so them using that exact same number had no substance too.

funny part is i brought up these flaws probably 2 years ago maybe.. and they are still not one step forward than then. its like they just want a grab money scheme befor they even do anything.. which to me translates to they are not bothered about doing anything. apart from covering the costs of their own vacations on a pacific island

Wow, it kinda seems like it's purely a concept without any practical thought being put into it. I mean I don't have a background in construction nor do I know much about property development but even I know that calculating the basics like the size of housing units would be critical in order to plan properly...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: