Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:22:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool] HashBros Private Alpha [Multi][Profit Switch][Transparent]  (Read 18965 times)
uh60james

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:11:24 PM

Thanks for signing up! You are #548 in the line of users to be enabled

LTC: LVjM7UJUedLgfeYztFaLc7J5ND35wo4qoP
FTC: 6tX9SmXhTxcpSsuNpCtkrKMxKxHbicPNpt
SBC: sewXveFW8XNBw5tGPabPTQD33iHJikwr2a
KosherBacon

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:11:09 AM

I can't wait. Signed up and ready to go. As of now #520.
bullus

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:32:05 AM

Thanks for signing up! You are #180 in the line of users to be enabled

Almost..

btc 16LWhms487bzCxQWq5oeW8SMDPmU2rvQjf
Sovietaced (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:04:40 AM

Soon.
Sovietaced (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:10:12 AM

Payouts for the last two days are live.
Diamonds13

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:20:03 PM

Any update on the BTC/Mh/Day ?
geocurt

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:59:27 PM

Honestly it's a bit soon to tell - the profit switching algorithm just got implemented a day ago.  I will say it's looking much better today than the first two days I mined.
uh60james

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:01:32 PM

Soon.

Thanks, I like what I am seeing here.  Looks like you really put a lot of hard work into this pool.

LTC: LVjM7UJUedLgfeYztFaLc7J5ND35wo4qoP
FTC: 6tX9SmXhTxcpSsuNpCtkrKMxKxHbicPNpt
SBC: sewXveFW8XNBw5tGPabPTQD33iHJikwr2a
OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:05:56 PM

Getting reports from people that the new algorithm is much much better. Around what middlecoin currently scores. Woo!
OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:06:43 PM

Soon.

Thanks, I like what I am seeing here.  Looks like you really put a lot of hard work into this pool.

A ton! You wouldn't believe how late into the night sovietaced goes, haha.
mikeybit

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:14:15 PM

Getting reports from people that the new algorithm is much much better. Around what middlecoin currently scores. Woo!

You guys actually have the benefit of being smaller, easier to dump the small coins.

I'm going to send some hashpower your way after this weekend.
fahayek

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 04:26:26 PM

Honestly it's a bit soon to tell - the profit switching algorithm just got implemented a day ago.  I will say it's looking much better today than the first two days I mined.

We are constantly working to improve the profit switching algorithm, as we gather more data. We appreciate your feedback. If you think the algo is sucking, let us know!
fahayek

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 04:33:53 PM

You guys actually have the benefit of being smaller, easier to dump the small coins.

I'm going to send some hashpower your way after this weekend.

This is true. Even as we grow larger, we will make sure to have a method to be able to sell these coins without moving the market. Appreciate the feedback!
geocurt

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:36:00 PM

We are constantly working to improve the profit switching algorithm, as we gather more data. We appreciate your feedback. If you think the algo is sucking, let us know!

That's why you have my hash :-)

I don't think it's sucking, but right now I honestly won't say it's great either.  My benchmark is around .01 btc/1Mhs/day - so I'm looking for about .04 btc/day on my 4.2ish Mhs farm.  That's about .00167 btc per hour.

Last night I pointed all my hash at Lottocoin and woke up with about .017 btc or around .0015 per hour.  9am EST I pointed everything at hashbros and I have 0.00374914 BTC at this moment, and there was about .001 estimated balance there when I started.  So that's .0027 btc over 2.5 hours, or about .001 btc/hr which is about 33% below what I am aiming for.

Having said all that - middlecoin always showed shit results for awhile and then the balance just kind of exploded, so it may be the same here.  Maybe after 24 hours I will get on a steady cycle of maturing coins and see the results I'm looking for - also you'll be adding coins and improving your algorithm over time.

Another point - altcoin profitability sucks across the board right now.

So, I see great improvement over the first 48 hours, and I'm hoping for further improvement.
mikeybit

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:40:16 PM

I don't think it's sucking, but right now I honestly won't say it's great either.  My benchmark is around .01 btc/1Mhs/day - so I'm looking for about .04 btc/day on my 4.2ish Mhs farm.  That's about .00167 btc per hour.

Last night I pointed all my hash at Lottocoin and woke up with about .017 btc or around .0015 per hour.  9am EST I pointed everything at hashbros and I have 0.00374914 BTC at this moment, and there was about .001 estimated balance there when I started.  So that's .0027 btc over 2.5 hours, or about .001 btc/hr which is about 33% below what I am aiming for.

Having said all that - middlecoin always showed shit results for awhile and then the balance just kind of exploded, so it may be the same here.  Maybe after 24 hours I will get on a steady cycle of maturing coins and see the results I'm looking for - also you'll be adding coins and improving your algorithm over time.

So, I see great improvement over the first 48 hours, and I'm hoping for further improvement.

You can't examine results with that fine of granularity.  There's a certain "luck" aspect involved in mining so you're going to have variance in your payouts.  I think the ABSOLUTE minimum timeframe you can examine is 48 hours; even that might be too small to compare apples to apples. 
geocurt

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:50:06 PM

You can't examine results with that fine of granularity.  There's a certain "luck" aspect involved in mining so you're going to have variance in your payouts.  I think the ABSOLUTE minimum timeframe you can examine is 48 hours; even that might be too small to compare apples to apples. 

I take your point, but it hasn't been my experience.  If I point to WDC, LOT, or PXC and just let me machines run, I get a really steady return.  Like I said, I understand profit switching works differently and middlecoin would often look like a dumpster fire all day only to have a great payout the next morning.
fahayek

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 05:06:01 PM

Honestly it's a bit soon to tell - the profit switching algorithm just got implemented a day ago.  I will say it's looking much better today than the first two days I mined.

You can't examine results with that fine of granularity.  There's a certain "luck" aspect involved in mining so you're going to have variance in your payouts.  I think the ABSOLUTE minimum timeframe you can examine is 48 hours; even that might be too small to compare apples to apples.  

I take your point, but it hasn't been my experience.  If I point to WDC, LOT, or PXC and just let me machines run, I get a really steady return.  Like I said, I understand profit switching works differently and middlecoin would often look like a dumpster fire all day only to have a great payout the next morning.

Mikeybit, I agree to an extent. The best we can do is try to make the best decision taking what's given. Right now we are operating almost as if %-change in price is random, and do not try to make predictions. We can however improve our decisions by looking at volume. As we increase our hash power, making predictions will be less important because we will be able to mine faster.

Geocurt, you're right. You can definitely use data to select the N most profitable coins. It is just a matter of picking the best one!
mikeybit

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:13:35 PM

Mikeybit, I agree to an extent. The best we can do is try to make the best decision taking whats given. Right now we are operating almost as if %-change in price is random, and do not try to make predictions. We can however improve out decisions by looking at volume. As we increase our hash power, making predictions will be less important because we will be able to mine faster.

Geocurt, you're right. You can definitely use data to select the N most profitable coins. It is just a matter of picking the best one!

You have plenty of information available so building a model attempting to predict %change is possible.  However, comparing alt-coins to real world financial markets is difficult since there is absolutely 0 regulation and the people that trade cryptos aren't necessarily the most rational.

To address your 2nd point, it is still important to look at depth of the markets.  If we're mining faster, we're collecting more coins, therefore we need market depth to be able to offload those coins.  If we're mining faster, we still don't want to switch coins all the time as a lot of hashpower is lost during switches.

I sent you a PM, if you'd like to get some feedback, let me know.
KosherBacon

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:26:33 AM

I thought that I would add my two cents. If you're trying to predict Bitcoin. As mentioned, you could use volume (more miners the better), also there is sentiment analysis software that can be used to analyze recent articles. I may be a little bit off, I've been trying to follow...

Also, #514.
Sovietaced (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:30:11 AM

I thought that I would add my two cents. If you're trying to predict Bitcoin. As mentioned, you could use volume (more miners the better), also there is sentiment analysis software that can be used to analyze recent articles. I may be a little bit off, I've been trying to follow...

Also, #514

That's simply too abstract for right now.

IN other news. Digitalcoin added!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: