Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:49:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool] HashBros Private Alpha [Multi][Profit Switch][Transparent]  (Read 18965 times)
jorgb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:05:52 PM

Thanks for signing up! You are #956 in the line of users to be enabled

how many time i must wait now?

Looking to open up the Beta for this Friday.

I think you guys are ready for it!
Sovietaced (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:44:18 PM

A feature I would like is to see is withdrawl history, showing each time when you withdrew, how much, and where too.

Also a "bug" that I noticed is that the menu on the left shows Sign Out on every page, except when I am on the blog page, just seems kind of disjointed to not have it appear on that one page.

Yep this is coming, the data is there. Just need to find out where to put it so it makes sense.
jorgb

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:07:55 PM

In the future a European server would be nice (Amsterdam)   Wink
Sovietaced (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:58:22 PM

Having multiple servers can complicate things quite a bit unfortunately. We already have about 20 servers as it is just in NYC
jorgb

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 11:33:26 PM

Having multiple servers can complicate things quite a bit unfortunately. We already have about 20 servers as it is just in NYC

Ok..
Sovietaced (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:12:02 AM

Just added GlobalCoin to the mix.
kslavik

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:33:41 PM

Take out SPT out of you auto-switching: if you don't do it right - you will just waste your user's hashes.

As far as I know, you take profitability out of coinchose, and coinchose is never accurate about spots when difficulty is low for the reason that it takes difficulty of the already found block and not the block which is currently mined and there is a delay as well. For spt, retargeting is done every other block, so even if you take difficulty from the client directly (using getwork command), and make your own calculations of profitability, you will only be right in 50% of the time and almost never when difficulty is low. Block time for SPT is 70 seconds, but it has wild swings up and down and you won't be able to catch a low difficulty periods accurately, and you will end up mining it when it is not profitable.

I know what I'm talking about: check my signature

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

Sovietaced (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:50:46 PM

Take out SPT out of you auto-switching: if you don't do it right - you will just waste your user's hashes.

As far as I know, you take profitability out of coinchose, and coinchose is never accurate about spots when difficulty is low for the reason that it takes difficulty of the already found block and not the block which is currently mined and there is a delay as well. For spt, retargeting is done every other block, so even if you take difficulty from the client directly (using getwork command), and make your own calculations of profitability, you will only be right in 50% of the time and almost never when difficulty is low. Block time for SPT is 70 seconds, but it has wild swings up and down and you won't be able to catch a low difficulty periods accurately, and you will end up mining it when it is not profitable.

Couldn't help but laugh at the last line.

1. Not using coinchoose as of two weeks ago, we have our own version
2. We don't make decisions based on simply profitability rating.
3. And the diff values are not calculated using the getwork command.
kslavik

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:04:54 PM

Where do you get the difficulty of the coins? It was a mistype on my part when I said: "getwork", I meant to say: "getdifficulty". Both "Getdifficulty" or "getinfo" commands of the client would return you difficulty of the already found block and not block which is currently mined by the network.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

Sovietaced (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:27:58 PM

Where do you get the difficulty of the coins? It was a mistype on my part when I said: "getwork", I meant to say: "getdifficulty". Both "Getdifficulty" or "getinfo" commands of the client would return you difficulty of the already found block and not block which is currently mined by the network.

getmininginfo. Mining SPT for a couple minutes when its difficulty has increase a trivial or nontrivial amount is the last of my worries, especially when the pool hashrate increases and SPT becomes a less viable coin for our diff.
kslavik

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:49:36 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 07:09:11 PM by kslavik

getmininginfo. Mining SPT for a couple minutes when its difficulty has increase a trivial or nontrivial amount is the last of my worries, especially when the pool hashrate increases and SPT becomes a less viable coin for our diff.

"getmininginfo" command has the same problem as "getdifficulty" and "getinfo" commands. It could be hours before you detect correct difficulty on the next block found by the network.

Here is an example for you:

Block x:    Difficulty is switching to 1 from 5 (you would still see difficulty as 5 by using getmininginfo command)
Block x+1: Difficulty is still 1 (Spots are doing re-target every other block). At this point you would detect the difficulty change, but the entire network is already mining with low difficulty and your pool just switching to it now with several seconds delay.
Block x+2: Actual Difficulty is jumping back to 5 because previous 2 blocks were found much faster than target 140 seconds, but you still see the difficulty as 1 until another block with high difficulty is found.
Block x+3. At this point you would only see that difficulty actually jumped to 5.

So during this switch, you would end up mining at difficultly 5 90% of the time and only 10% at low difficulty 1.

Take a look at spot Difficulty chart and see how it behaves.

Edit: So, your strategy of getting difficulty from "getmininginfo" command is fine for any coin but SPT, because all other coins have more than 2 blocks between retarget.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

Sovietaced (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:07:06 PM

"getmininginfo" command has the same problem as "getdifficulty" and "getinfo" commands. It could be hours before you detect correct difficulty on the next block found by the network.

Here is an example for you:

Block x:    Difficulty is switching to 1 from 5 (you would still see difficulty as 5 by using getmininginfo command)
Block x+1: Difficulty is still 1 (Spots are doing re-target every other block). At this point you would detect the difficulty change, but the entire network is already mining with low difficulty and your pool just switching to it now with several seconds delay.
Block x+2: Actual Difficulty is jumping back to 5 because previous 2 blocks were found much faster than target 140 seconds, but you still see the difficulty as 1 until another block with high difficulty is found.
Block x+3. At this point you would only see that difficulty actually jumped to 5.

So during this switch, you would end up mining at difficultly 5 90% of the time and only 10% at low difficulty 1.

Take a look at spot Difficulty chart and see how it behaves.

Edit: So, your strategy of getting difficulty from "getmininginfo" command is fine for any coin but SPT, because all other coins have more then 2 blocks between retarget.

Understood. Thanks for that.
Sovietaced (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:34:43 AM

MoonCoin added. pepper your angus guys.
Sovietaced (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:51:56 AM

RonPaulCoin added. Finalizing profitability page  Grin
API is working
Going to work on coin pages and other various deliverables.
Sovietaced (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:17:20 AM

Beta thread created : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431140.0

Registrations will be completely opening tonight.
Sovietaced (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:17:13 AM

Beta emails going out right now!
HashBrosB

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 06:51:08 AM

Beta is live! Thanks everyone for the awesome discussion so far on the alpha release. If you signed up, you should have gotten your activation email minutes ago.

If you haven't signed up, what are you waiting for?  Wink
Sovietaced (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:01:03 AM

Just hit 42 MH, to the moon we go.
falsealarm_bf

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:51:22 AM

Can someone please provide an estimated earnings per MH for Hashbros? I understand this is based on a combination of a lot of variables including the number of participants to coin mined to my configuration, etc. I don't need schooling on that aspect but need a general earnings average for the entire pool. I currently have 15+MHs on another switching pool and would like to make an intelligent switch with the right expectations if possible. Thanks.
Sovietaced (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:55:09 AM

Can someone please provide an estimated earnings per MH for Hashbros? I understand this is based on a combination of a lot of variables including the number of participants to coin mined to my configuration, etc. I don't need schooling on that aspect but need a general earnings average for the entire pool. Thanks.

Here are my personal estimated daily earnings for my hash rate : .0065 BTC / .75 MH

So roughly .0086 BTC / MH

And thats with most of the day at about 6 MH on the pool. We're sitting at 65 MH and growing. Once the hash rate goes up, we get access to more coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: