Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 10:44:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you own 3000 or more Bitcoin, Wall Street wants your advice  (Read 9733 times)
Bostonbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:38:16 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 11:24:03 PM by Bostonbitcoin

Hi,

Input & advice requested for new Bitcoin project.

I'm passionate about BTC, I've got 20 years experience as owner of an international, US based investment firm.   We are working on an idea for a large mainstream Bitcoin vehicle that would, at first, work with some large BTC holders.  

My partners and I are from long Wall St. careers and we'd like to discuss some ideas and get advice from large BTC holders about the interest, viability and potential advantages / disadvantages of what we are thinking.  Once aspect of what we are evaluating would benefit from some participants who already own coins.

This is for a completely BTC focused project which would aim to help bring BTC to more main street investment access vehicles like IRAs and also help some large BTC holders maximize and leverage their own holdings while not losing any exposure to their BTC.   -- happy to share my name, bio, verification etc in PM.

Please contact me if you can help  // please also let me know any ideas about the best ways to reach some of the key BTC owners.

Thanks!

B

EDIT:  Verification added on request.  My name is Bruce Fenton, founder of Atlantic Financial Inc. which in 1994 became the Internet's first full service investment firm.
deadgiveaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:53:53 PM

Don't waste your time on this forum. It's just a bunch of broke trolls.
Bostonbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:15:06 PM

I tried Reddit and got 1000 hate mail messages and a bunch of other people  said to come over here.

Any other ideas?
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:18:54 PM

I tried Reddit and got 1000 hate mail messages and a bunch of other people  said to come over here.

Any other ideas?

Yes,

Go to a bitcoin convention, there is one on January 25th in Miami. btcmiami.com. Networking at these conventions would probably be your best bet. The last convention in Las Vegas was a great opportunity and there were many large holders of bitcoin there that would be able to give you the clear advice that you are seeking while actually putting their name behind it.

There are many conventions happening in the bitcoin atmosphere so if you can't make the Miami one try to find something close by!
Bostonbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:41:41 PM

Thanks, I attended Vegas and I'm booked for Miami as well.   I know there are many large holders attending, what's the best way to reach out to people.   I've done investments for 20+ years and there is a system! everyone knows or can verify me etc.  BTC is so new and wrought with clowns and fraud that people have major distrust.   Reaching out causes even more distrust in some cases.

Ideal might even be to find someone already known and trusted who has those connections and work with him or her.
deadgiveaway

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:28:04 PM

Thanks, I attended Vegas and I'm booked for Miami as well.   I know there are many large holders attending, what's the best way to reach out to people.   I've done investments for 20+ years and there is a system! everyone knows or can verify me etc.  BTC is so new and wrought with clowns and fraud that people have major distrust.   Reaching out causes even more distrust in some cases.

Ideal might even be to find someone already known and trusted who has those connections and work with him or her.

Yea it's simply not going to be that easy. Apparently you cannot log on to Bitcointalk forums and get anything serious going. Trust me.
black_swan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:45:31 PM

Don't ask how much they hold, they won't reply as this information can be used in many ways.
Personally I wouldn't
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:08:45 PM

You should provide verification.
How can we be sure you are not just someone attempting to steal bitcoins ?
3000 bitcoins is a lot of money.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:39:49 PM

From the Reddit thread:

UPDATE : Sorry Reddit, tough (and skeptical!) crowd.
My name is Bruce Fenton, I founded Atlantic Financial Inc., the Internet's first full-service investment firm, in 1994. I've done $4.5 billion in transactions in my career, have never had a client complaint, ethical complaint or regulatory complaint or action of any kind in 20+ years. Prior to AF I was with Morgan Stanley.
(Side note: definitely not asking for anyone's addresses, name, etc., just researching viability of a potential technology which could allow large holders to convert a portion of holdings to a public vehicle)
Verification : Twitter.com/Brucefenton
UPDATE 2: the 3000 coin threshold isn't to discriminate, be snobby or because it doesn't value input of smart smaller holders -- it's a logistical matter --- the research / advice is determining the viability and interest from enough large holders to get critical mass of 10-20,000 coins needed to make it work-- logistically it won't be possible if there isn't interest from some large holders,

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:07:31 PM

Quite a few bitcoin supporters are rooting for bitcoins because of a fundamental belief:

that governments, banks and investment firms messes up the economy and make our lives difficult,
bitcoin is an effort to take them out of the equation

If this financial guy actually understands "bitcoin", he would stop bragging about $4.5 billion transactions and Morgan Stanley. This guy say he is "passionate about BTC". Passionate about making money from bitcoins, or passionate about helping the community?

twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:40:39 PM

If this financial guy actually understands "bitcoin", he would stop bragging about $4.5 billion transactions and Morgan Stanley. This guy say he is "passionate about BTC". Passionate about making money from bitcoins, or passionate about helping the community?

He was asked for some real world qualifications; I'd say that fits the bill. I'm assuming that he's in it to make some money, like many people are around here.

Bitcoin is many things to many people; he's obviously not appealing to those that are waiting for BTC to bring Wall Street to its knees.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:50:12 PM

Hi,

I'm passionate about BTC, I've got 20 years experience as owner of an international, US based investment firm. 
B
Get a last name and we'll talk.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:52:01 PM

Hi,

I'm passionate about BTC, I've got 20 years experience as owner of an international, US based investment firm.  
B
Get a last name and we'll talk.

From the reddit thread:

My name is Bruce Fenton

EDIT: Here's his LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/in/brucefenton. I'm assuming that since he's posting his full name and company on Reddit, this isn't off-limits
Aki4real

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:54:55 PM

From the Reddit thread:

UPDATE : Sorry Reddit, tough (and skeptical!) crowd.
My name is Bruce Fenton, I founded Atlantic Financial Inc., the Internet's first full-service investment firm, in 1994. I've done $4.5 billion in transactions in my career, have never had a client complaint, ethical complaint or regulatory complaint or action of any kind in 20+ years. Prior to AF I was with Morgan Stanley.
(Side note: definitely not asking for anyone's addresses, name, etc., just researching viability of a potential technology which could allow large holders to convert a portion of holdings to a public vehicle)
Verification : Twitter.com/Brucefenton
UPDATE 2: the 3000 coin threshold isn't to discriminate, be snobby or because it doesn't value input of smart smaller holders -- it's a logistical matter --- the research / advice is determining the viability and interest from enough large holders to get critical mass of 10-20,000 coins needed to make it work-- logistically it won't be possible if there isn't interest from some large holders,

As I expected he wants to form a bitcoin pool like second market or the recently announced Fortress vehicle.

But he knows that buying 20000 BTC on the open market would at least triple the exchange rate.  So he is seeking people to give away their bitcoins.

If this is the case, people who love bitcoin should not go ahead with this.
This kind of under the carpet dealing is one of the reasons that people hate the 'government' and 'wall street'

Ofcourse people who want to make a quick buck will just go ahead with this.

Technicals of bitcoin price are positive, dont be scared for another drop to 300-400 dollar levels.. This will go up

(Google my username and forex if you would like to know if i have some knowledge about the financial markets)

Good luck all
zefyr0s

Activity: 245

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:58:43 PM

I tried Reddit and got 1000 hate mail messages and a bunch of other people  said to come over here.

Any other ideas?

Actually looks like a decent Q&A over on reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1u8zco/hi_reddit_20_year_wall_st_geek_and_bitcoin/

Maybe try contacting Greg Mulhauser, he's also an experienced trader.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=333851.0
Bostonbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:58:06 PM

As I expected he wants to form a bitcoin pool like second market or the recently announced Fortress vehicle.

But he knows that buying 20000 BTC on the open market would at least triple the exchange rate.  So he is seeking people to give away their bitcoins.

I think I have a plan for a superior offering to those with some key differences.

Also, I would never ask anyone to "give" their BTC
Bostonbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:05:17 PM

This kind of under the carpet dealing is one of the reasons that people hate the 'government' and 'wall street'

Technicals of bitcoin price are positive, dont be scared for another drop to 300-400 dollar levels.. This will go up

(Google my username and forex if you would like to know if i have some knowledge about the financial markets)

Good luck all

If you are experienced in Forex you should talk a bit before judging.

It's something I think is superior to the other offerings and something I think would be very good for bitcoin overall by expanding the availability, expanding access and also ensuring a large block of coins are not dumped for a while
Aki4real

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:10:22 PM

Good luck all

It's something I think is superior to the other offerings and something I think would be very good for bitcoin overall by expanding the availability, expanding access and also ensuring a large block of coins are not dumped for a while

I did choose my words carefully,.. in my original posting my first sentence was:
If this is the case..

clearly if you have different plans my advice does not apply,

Good luck
Bostonbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:14:49 PM

Quite a few bitcoin supporters are rooting for bitcoins because of a fundamental belief:

that governments, banks and investment firms messes up the economy and make our lives difficult,
bitcoin is an effort to take them out of the equation

Not bragging, I was asked.

I believe banks, governments and investment firms mess up the economy also.   But I also think it's naive to think that something with a market cap of $10 Bn is going to simply skip all mainstream financial systems to achieve this growth.

For BTC to have anything close to a real and significant market cap then it needs to be easy for people to buy using vehicles they understand.

One can hope that the dentist in San Diego who heard about it on the news will learn hoe to buy exposure to BTC or one can make a simply public vehicle so that he can buy that from the broker he's worked with for 2@ years.

As far as making money from Bitcoin, of course I am -- I want to see them grow and succeed and I want early adopters to be rewarded.   Anyone who doesn't want them to be a real part of the economy, to grow or to make money certainly has that right.
diedicar

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:15:50 PM

Good luck all

you need bullets. But i guess you are a bit late.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: