Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:27:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-01-02] CoinDesk : 56% of Bitcoiners Believe Bitcoin Will Reach $10000  (Read 1980 times)
MrPalmer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:12:57 AM

I think Bitcoin Will Reach $2000 this year and would stabilize around $1400-1600.

This is roughly my line of thinking also.  I believe we will see another spike Feb/March, and a settling around ~$1500 for the a while after that.  Until something major happens...

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:59:07 AM

This is roughly my line of thinking also.  I believe we will see another spike Feb/March, and a settling around ~$1500 for the a while after that.  Until something major happens...

Do you have any reasons to think that there will be a spike in Feb / March? I think that BTC will be stable at current levels for sometime, before moving to 2,000+ in the next spike.  Grin
nastybit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:24:51 PM

What's the point of this poll?
Coindesk readers are permabulls!

From a contrarian point of view, majority seldom or never gets it right.

This is so true ... so we have two options, bitcoin is going to end up about where it is or lower ... or it will go much higher than majority is thinking, so $20-50k seems like a good outside contrarian bet?

Not really, a third and, in my opinion, a more probable option is the price will go up, but not reach $10k, could reach $3-5k too, that's not bad either. The reason for that is, people will be more diversifying into alt-coins, and the capital flow into bitcoin will not be as fast.

I agree with you, it won't reach $10k anywhere in the world, it will grow in a few bubbles with peaks of $3k
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:51:39 PM

According to certain charts, it will reach 10k in May. 100k in August.
monkeybars

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:08:10 AM

According to certain charts, it will reach 10k in May. 100k in August.

Those rascally certain charts!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:20:07 AM

Any gain is fine by me.

It looks like this year is when Bitcoin starts to make the tentative leap from a market effectively sustained by enthusiasts towards established players.

This is a vast chasm to cross and it's where things might falter as it's still a dot in the financial landscape and I'll wager that the major money will only take it seriously if it becomes much, much larger.

It'll take a few fringe elements of institutional investment to get the ball rolling and then we might see growth that'll blow plenty of minds.

The one thing I am confident of is that there'll be some very surprising news stories arriving on an ever more regular basis.

Here is my irrational claim - if Bitcoin doesn't reach ten grand this year then it never will.

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:15:24 AM

Any gain is fine by me.

It looks like this year is when Bitcoin starts to make the tentative leap from a market effectively sustained by enthusiasts towards established players.

This is a vast chasm to cross and it's where things might falter as it's still a dot in the financial landscape and I'll wager that the major money will only take it seriously if it becomes much, much larger.

It'll take a few fringe elements of institutional investment to get the ball rolling and then we might see growth that'll blow plenty of minds.

The one thing I am confident of is that there'll be some very surprising news stories arriving on an ever more regular basis.

Here is my irrational claim - if Bitcoin doesn't reach ten grand this year then it never will.

You are probably right about that!

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:06:38 AM

a poll is one thing, but putting your money where you mouth is (a futures/prediction market) has more meaning to me.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 05:26:13 AM

I forgot what the speculation forum is like... so many statements here with very little substance or analysis or support for time tables, reasons, etc.

While we're at it, I'll throw my vote for $2,500 per BTC.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:38:26 PM

a poll is one thing, but putting your money where you mouth is (a futures/prediction market) has more meaning to me.

I used to take part in Bitcoin futures trading in BTCT. After the site closed down I quit. Are there any other reliable options?
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:05:13 PM

I think that price is too high but of course you can't predict the BTC price.   just few months ago it was at less than a hundred and considered High and in 7 days it jumped to the $1000 level.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: