Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:27:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple (XRP) price in future  (Read 12707 times)
madawc (OP)

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:10:14 PM

What are your predictions for the Ripple price in future?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:25:35 PM

Google ripplescam. I suspect profit for the devs, not so much for everyone else.
AltCurrency

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:39:35 PM

I dont predict much profit either to be honest!! I may be wrong
PirateButtercup

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:09:48 PM

Google ripplescam. I suspect profit for the devs, not so much for everyone else.

The only thing that site taught me was that YOU have been scammed.

That site is a was set up by famed scammer TradeFortress. Take 5 seconds to research any one of his assertions and you'll find that they are untrue.
Ripple is open source...any moron with Google can find and download the source code...but that site continues to fool people into believing it isn't?
Ripple is a distributed network....any moron who cares to set up a server can run rippleD.....but that site continues to fool people into believing its not?
Don't you think it's odd that there haven't been any new posts for 6 months? or that the author won't allow any that solidly dispute him? Just for fun, try it...try to post ANYTHING on that site.....see if he'll authorize your comments. He won't....and my guess is he won't because TradeFortress is in hot water for having over a million dollars worth of BTC stolen from him.

Due diligence requires more than just believing the first thing you find on the internet.

In terms of the question in this thread...I think the following about XRP's value:

$100.00 is a dream
$10.00 is possible but not probable
$1.00 is probable but not likely
$.10 is very possible, probable and likely

▶▶ UR TOKEN ◀◀
═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══
ⓄⓄ UNIVERSAL RECOGNITION TOKEN  ⓄⓄ

【 The first blockchain-based corporate rewards marketplace 】
══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━══
madawc (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:16:50 PM

I have some XRP and hope for 10+ $. I have Gecko coins too.

Which new and low cost cryptocurrencies you suggest?
jbrock11

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:19:27 PM

Hypothetically, if XRP were priced at 1.00, Ripple would have a 99 billion dollar market cap. For this to happen imo, Bitcoin would have to be trading at 50,000+ per BTC.

Not saying it couldn't happen but it definitely won't be anytime soon.
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:29:08 PM

That site is a was set up by famed scammer TradeFortress. Take 5 seconds to research any one of his assertions and you'll find that they are untrue.
Ripple is open source...any moron with Google can find and download the source code...but that site continues to fool people into believing it isn't?
Ripple is a distributed network....any moron who cares to set up a server can run rippleD.....but that site continues to fool people into believing its not?
Don't you think it's odd that there haven't been any new posts for 6 months? or that the author won't allow any that solidly dispute him? Just for fun, try it...try to post ANYTHING on that site.....see if he'll authorize your comments. He won't....and my guess is he won't because TradeFortress is in hot water for having over a million dollars worth of BTC stolen from him.

Due diligence requires more than just believing the first thing you find on the internet.

In terms of the question in this thread...I think the following about XRP's value:

$100.00 is a dream

+1

$0.10 most likely scenario... but $0.25 is not out of the question... Smiley
nejat76

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

security,like correctness,is not an add-on feature

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:32:21 PM

Should be at least $10-$50 range if it keeps the hype and goes mainstream. Such as a big merchant like amazon starts using it or some small & middle sized banks get into it.

BTC: 17oqtYLAg8HSD6j44kA5n7KB1CyCufQ5yU  MUCH RECEIVE: DLmyunqvaVf9wqSm1nyfv8pgw7czswXALY  SUCH CAT: 9XCLZMuL3FLLC5AYuqJmUqKjrmD9NrsUrM  WOW SXC : SJojeFfQytbaKMhPtKQJePpNUrCD93cYXB
burinata

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:34:50 PM

$100.00 is a dream

+1

In 6 months $0.1. In 2 years $1 is almost dream.
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:40:34 PM

The present XRP price is <$0.03.
If $0.1 is a cap, the profit is limited.
ohiofarmer

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 08:06:54 AM

I could see it hitting $0.35 in a year or so, and maybe $1 in the years to come after that... I just wrote a long post on my reasoning: http://crypt.la/2014/01/18/ripple-price-prediction-xrp/

sunnyv

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 08:44:13 AM

at least 0.5$ to 10$
madawc (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:12:56 AM

i think that price will be over 1$ in next years when vendors realize coin potential and start using it.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 10:19:49 AM

Do you really think the insider nodes will listen to your node's opinions if you set up a rippled node?

Its whole "consensus" concept is based on picking and choosing which nodes to trust.

Set up as many nodes as you like, the inner circle will just ignore your node if it doesn't follow along with whatever their nodes claim to be true.

So basically it is a kind of oligarchy network, the oligarchs need only agree with each other, anyone else just doesn't need to count at all to the "big boys".

I guess maybe you could say its a kind of 51% of the trust attack or something, but in practice maybe more like whoever are the biggest corporations call the shots.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
jing888

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:27:05 AM

I think ripple have a good future Grin
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:33:20 AM

Ripple is a centralized currency. It is not made to invest and make profit !
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:16:57 PM

I guess maybe you could say its a kind of 51% of the trust attack or something, but in practice maybe more like whoever are the biggest corporations call the shots.
It's more of a 80% trust attack, but yes, choosing a good UNL is difficult.
Bitcoin in the startup phase (and still right now with only few relevant pools) has siomilar issues by the way, which is quite interesting considering that decentralization was one of the major design goals in both cases.

Ripple is a centralized currency. It is not made to invest and make profit !
Ripple is a decentralized exchange, XRPs are a centrally issued currency.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: