Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:24:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing all hope  (Read 6894 times)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:44:13 PM

I've read that traders use 5 to 10 years of historic data to test their indicators on. Bitcoin simply doesn't have enough historical data, and is a starting market, thus making any sound prediction of the future based on the past a hard call.

Didn't you know that in bitcoin world, one year is equivalent of 10+ years of regular markets? Look at volatility, we go through all the regular events 10 times faster. We already had three huge crashes after enormous 100-fold rallies, something that took wallstreet about 100 years. So I'd say there is enough history. And no, bitcoin never broke the previous ATH and I doubt it will do it now. The previous ones were $0.5 ATH, $1.1 ATH, $32 ATH, $266 ATH, now $1242 - once we are well past that mark, we won't see it again.
+1 Pretty much my view also.

And as some blabla to the OP, I am from Finland probably quite same as denmark but even worse climate, national hobby is having a liter of vodka and beating your wife and kids on weekends (not forgetting to throw them out in the snow) But thats only the stereotype if you want to see it that way, I like it in the summer time when there is a chance of maybe going outside in a t-shirt and sun just stays up and everything.
I only have a high school degree myself and estonians and polish people are coming to do most of the crap works with low pay so pretty much the same situation. But I thought it over, managed to land myself a job in the harbour (have also been changing tyres, scaffolding and some electricity stuff) so now I work the best weather 7-9 months and travel the rest somewhere where its warm. ATM Cambodia, 28,5C at 1:29AM.
I've had some downturns also, hurt myself at job, sporting etc. only my left hand is without a surgery or any metal in it. And I'm 24years old, have payments for my apartment at home and all the stuff people consider "normal". With BTC I was quite late, heard something about it in late 2011 but found it too difficult to buy and forgot about it until this october or so when I read of the norwegian guy buying an apartment with BTC. Started buying in but still have like only bit more than 5BTC, hopefully can accumulate more and let it be only choochoo for 2014.

So maybe I could be somekind of an example for you, you can if you want.

Peace.
Good for you.
You should really travel a a bit to see how other people live and why those immigrants come and do all the crap jobs. In Poland, Ukraine, Bulgaria and many other typical monthly wage is below $500. I used to work 12 hours a day for $2/h (!) and I have a master's degree, speak 3 languages and can do anything from repairing your car to setting up a LAN network. I know people who have PhD in science and work for $600/month. Before you start complaining about your hard and exhausting $20/h job come and visit us third worlders  Wink
Not sure if this reply was for me or OP but yeah, I ensure you I know how crappy places and lives most of the people on this planet have. Here in cambodia for example average wage for month is something like 100-200$ and these people work 15-20hours a day. And theres no weekends or vacations. I am not complaining about my life or setup, I believe it pretty much is the best situation where i possibly could have gotten by this age. Ofcourse I could be making lots more money if I just had been in school for longer time, got myself a degree in something and so on but I never was interested in that. I want to live my life in this beautiful planet and see places and people I surely wouldnt see if I had to work my ass off with 40-50hours a week in an office to get that ~70k€ year. So now I make maybe 25-30k€ and enjoy my life for the rest of the time, Have to make do with shoestring budget when I'm in Finland for the summer but then when winter comes and it's time to go away again and my money has 5-10X buying power compared to Finland I can live like a king and spend 30-40$ a day.
I was talking to you and Ibian. From time to time I see people complaining about their situation, and you mentioning immigrants just triggered my response. On one hand we have people begging for donations, on the other a topic where some guys argue whether $1mil is enough to live comfortably. Most of my friends left the country to work abroad simply because they can earn 4-6 times more in just any job. If you're let's say a teacher in Eastern Europe you earn $500/month and then there's income tax, medical care, VAT and so on. In Germany it's $2000. Who woldn't move?
I get it, it makes sense for immigrants to move to higher paying countries. What does not make sense is for our politicians to allow it in such absurd numbers. Both the economy and the society is being ruined, in part because of immigration.

On the other hand, it makes sense for people with a large enough amount of savings to move to another country where they can get 5 times as much for their money. Which is precisely what I plan to do.

Besides the above, any country can be worth living in if the people and policies in it are acceptable. They no longer are, and haven't been for some 20 years or more. Increased immigration and decreasing purchasing power are just symptoms of a larger social disease. It happens whenever an empire begins to crumble from the inside. The west won't be leading the world 50 years from now.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:00:34 PM

The people are just dumb... it's the same in every country.
Not just germany.

The people are happy with food, shelter and apple products.

+1

hahahahahhaahhaahhaahahahah

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: