Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:49:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The new bitcoin  (Read 1270 times)
pbody (OP)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:22:53 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if we start to see these celebrity coins taking over. People can be ridiculous.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2014/01/02/coinye-west-is-your-newest-bitcoin-inspired-cryptocurrency/

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:29:05 AM

What makes a celebrity coin worth more? It's all marketing of pump&dump scamcoins.
If you think like "I Like Canye West and that is why this coin must become the shit" then please stop trading.
Lately the rate of coins being created is absurd. I strongly believe that people are getting sick of these new coins that don't bring anything new to the table.

What's next? RebeccaBlackCoin, MichaelJacksonCoin, ObamaCoin, NelsonMandelaPeaceCoin, BrosBeforeHoesCoin?

IMO exchanges will soon stop accepting new coins if they don't bring anything new to the table.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:42:51 AM

So Dogecoin comes out:   Brilliant.   Funny.  Unique.  First nonsense coin.   It deserved the spike it got.  Seriously.

But then the unoriginal dorks showed up.

Catcoin was next.  They couldn't even put two and two together, and make a "meme" feline coin, to emulate Doge.  It was just "Cat" coin.

Such creative.   So many thoughts.  Much differences.   :/

Now we have Coinyewest Coin.

What was the thinking behind that one?  

You've got Snoop Dogg on Twitter and in the press talking about how he wants his next album sold in Bitcoin.

So instead of using basic common sense, you guys come up with a coin based on Kanye West.  

You realize Snoop woulda been all over a "SnoopCoin" ?  If there was any chance of Dogecoin being repeated, that was it.  And they couldn't even think that far ahead.

I love nonsense coins and if you can get creative ane interesting enough - enjoy your pump and dump for all I care.

But these guys making copycat nonsense coins can't even do it right ...

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:58:42 AM

Hopefully this will be the nail in the coffin of the scumcoins.

http://coingen.bluematt.me/
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:25:42 AM

Hopefully this will be the nail in the coffin of the scumcoins.

http://coingen.bluematt.me/

HHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA this will kill bullshitcoins for sure Cheesy

Quote "Look at those monkeys go, they're building all your coins!"  heheheheh

Just a list of what is being generated... there are some disturbed minds making coins...
Jesuscoin
derpcoin
yolocoin
douchecoin
fagcoin
niggercoin
obamacoin         <-----------------------------HAHAHAH I predicted this one in my first post
foshizzlecoin
hitlercoin
schoolshootingcoin

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:00:59 AM

Awesome.  Link of the day. 

I hope there are more coins created than there are bad memes. All the alt coin exchanges can drown. 
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:56:58 AM

nice, maybe altcoin proponents would finally understand that valuation of the new blockchains is exactly this - like 0.1 BTC total - and that's if you are a lucky promoter.

i am satoshi
WompRat

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:33:14 PM

The exponential growth in new coins is absolutely fascinating to me.  It seems we have reached a point where any community of sufficient size can easily create their own currency to use for their own purposes without the intimidation of adopting a coin that has been arguably over speculated.  This all seems to fit very neatly into the collaborative consumption economy ethos and I would guess is not likely to die anytime soon.
nastybit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:37:43 PM

[...]
This all seems to fit very neatly into the collaborative consumption economy ethos and I would guess is not likely to die anytime soon.

It only fit very well on the definition of greed, that's it, nothing more than that.
I'd like to know the real exchange volume, it must be all within the same greedy group.
No person with an average QI would sell BTC for any of these coins.
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:45:52 PM

The exponential growth in new coins is absolutely fascinating to me.  It seems we have reached a point where any community of sufficient size can easily create their own currency to use for their own purposes without the intimidation of adopting a coin that has been arguably over speculated.  This all seems to fit very neatly into the collaborative consumption economy ethos and I would guess is not likely to die anytime soon.

Good luck trading those other coins for anything of value outside of your local community when everyone else is using bitcoin.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: