Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:22:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: alt/BTC profit ratio trend insights  (Read 818 times)
financial_analyst (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:40:51 PM

Hello,

I was thinking of expanding my mining rig by 7-8 times (I have around 1.2 Mh/s right now) however as soon as I saw this 2nd graph (https://hashco.ws/profits.html) I changed my mind instantaneously. Is this graph representative of the general picture (only 2.5-3 USD per Mh/s up to mid-november)? Do you think the profit ratio/BTC of alt coins will be flat/increase/decrease within the next 12 months?
darkangel15

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:55:23 AM

BitCoin will also have ups and downs instead of a flat trend for instant movements fast. Remember, you need to get out of a hurry to enter a fast market thought.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:54:47 PM

Hello,

I was thinking of expanding my mining rig by 7-8 times (I have around 1.2 Mh/s right now) however as soon as I saw this 2nd graph (https://hashco.ws/profits.html) I changed my mind instantaneously. Is this graph representative of the general picture (only 2.5-3 USD per Mh/s up to mid-november)?

The link you posted is broken, or it is not secure, my browser take it as a malicious site

Do you think the profit ratio/BTC of alt coins will be flat/increase/decrease within the next 12 months?

usually profit always decrease due to difficulty spikes, almost everyday a newbie or someone is trying to build a rig same as you.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:34:30 PM

Hello,

I was thinking of expanding my mining rig by 7-8 times (I have around 1.2 Mh/s right now) however as soon as I saw this 2nd graph (https://hashco.ws/profits.html) I changed my mind instantaneously. Is this graph representative of the general picture (only 2.5-3 USD per Mh/s up to mid-november)? Do you think the profit ratio/BTC of alt coins will be flat/increase/decrease within the next 12 months?

Well considering that you are a Financial Analyst you should be telling us. Smiley

Anyway, yes the general profitability trend will continue to head down as people keep building rigs and thus adding hash rate to an already saturated market. Even if the price recovers a bit, the hash rate is still growing so the days of paying off your new gear in just 60-90 days are over. A lot of newcomers don't want to believe in this however, so they come up with all kinds of ways to justify buying overpriced gear chasing profits that essentially disappeared months ago.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: