Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:50:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Deleted Post]  (Read 2674 times)
PrintCoins (OP)

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:27:50 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 04:27:12 PM by PrintCoins

[Deleted post]

Post written in a sarcastic and negative state of mind and was encouraging unproductive dialog. Please move along to another thread that is likely to be more productive.

acegilz

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

1ACEGiLZnZoG7KUNkMwAT8tBuJ6jsrwj5Q

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:45:35 PM

i am just wondering how you could make 500 posts on a forum that is directly related to a thing you dont believe...

I have no comments on the main topic...  Wink
kisa2005

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:00:33 PM

i am just wondering how you could make 500 posts on a forum that is directly related to a thing you dont believe...

it's probably a thought-provoking strategy...
bitbrasil

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:02:11 PM

NO difference between bitcoin, a dollar bill (just a piece of paper) and credit card (a piece of plastic), none are commodities and you can't do anything directly with them.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 10:03:45 PM

<snip>

Paying $1000 or anything really for them is just plain foolish. Invest in something that generates wealth instead.

<snip>

Have a nice day.

Invest?  I am not investing.  I am using Bitcoin for what it is designed for, a currency.  For that purpose it allows me to deal with small amounts of value as well as large amounts with much lower fees then Paypal.  Bitcoin is working as intended as an online currency.  

kwoody

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:04:17 PM

OP is either trolling or feeble minded. Best choice of action? Disregard.
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:27:47 PM

Okay....

Did everyone not read the OP's first sentence?

It's pretty obvious he's being facetious.

Never ends... I say it's a gloomy day and homegirl perceived what I said to mean I'm depressed. Seriously? Comprehension isn't that difficult. I so wanted to entertain the original post, now I'm totally not in the mood.

Just another face of the bitcoin community making it hard for mainstream adoption; idiocracy.

K, off my soapbox now.

Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:33:23 PM

Yeah I could see OP was facetious as well.  Agreed, it is just like fiat, it's just something that random people can pick to exchange and give value to.  The thing is that fiat has the gov.'s backing and BTC doesn't.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Jochen

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:37:32 PM

He probably lost some bitcoins due to bad trading, and is now blaming Bitcoin itself for it.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:40:15 PM

the op quote bitcoin at $1000 yet we all know today its around the $800..

im guessing the OP made a bad judgement call on buying in, and is now butt-hurt they he probably sold out at a loss..

he does have one point though, bitcoin is not a commodity.. its an asset. im not sure where he got it in his mind that anyone thought it was a commodity as those that know the difference would never call it a commodity.

give it time and the OP will then be screaming again that he sold out too soon once the price moves back up above $1000..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 10:56:25 PM

? Hack vs sold credentials...

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:04:36 PM

It was not designed to be worth crap, rather it was designed to have a more generic type of value.
madmadmax

Activity: 740

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:19:46 PM

What uses does the USD have? You can't make it into clothes, you can't eat it, you can't make a fire, you can't even wipe your ass with it since that would be illegal and highly uncomfortable. Had we thrown you into an isolated community somewhere on an island with a million dollars in paper they would be just as worthless as paper wallets not to mention that most people that actually studied finance and back up the dollar believe that inflation is great since it encourages spending, Bitcoin is guaranteed to deflate.

The only people that still doubt BTC are the ones living in states with heavily bank influenced media like Israel, that coupled with the dumb echos of "OMGISHHH BLACK MERKETZ BTC FINNA BE ELLEGALL" proves to be fatal to the stupid masses.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:52:19 PM

Op bought high, sold low

U can sense the tears in every word he wrote lol

_wayfarer_

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 11:54:54 PM

What uses does the USD have? You can't make it into clothes, you can't eat it, you can't make a fire, you can't even wipe your ass with it since that would be illegal and highly uncomfortable. Had we thrown you into an isolated community somewhere on an island with a million dollars in paper they would be just as worthless as paper wallets not to mention that most people that actually studied finance and back up the dollar believe that inflation is great since it encourages spending, Bitcoin is guaranteed to deflate.

The only people that still doubt BTC are the ones living in states with heavily bank influenced media like Israel, that coupled with the dumb echos of "OMGISHHH BLACK MERKETZ BTC FINNA BE ELLEGALL" proves to be fatal to the stupid masses.
^ this

Try my free BTC price alerts | In the 20th century, the United States endured two world wars and other traumatic and expensive military conflicts; the Depression; a dozen or so recessions and financial panics; oil shocks; a flu epidemic; and the resignation of a disgraced president. Yet the Dow rose from 66 to 11,497 - Warren Buffet
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:03:33 AM

So, I am going to follow along with all the bla bla reporting done about bitcoin in the press.

So, I am going to follow along with all the bla bla reporting done about bitcoin in the press.

Figured I'd repost since people still don't get it.

PrintCoins (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:15:01 AM

Guess I shouldn't post after reading too many postings about bitcoins in the news. Kinda made me grumpy and maybe a little trolly.

All of what I read is bitcoin is worth $X, or it is this volatile, or so on and so forth.

The thing I was implying rather obtusely is that it is not worth a damn thing in dollars just as a euro isn't worth a damn thing in dollars, except on the rare occasions that you need to convert the two.

I would be happy if the news was no longer about the gyrations in the $/BTC conversions and how BTC compares to gold, and instead talked about how great an enabler it is of creating economic prosperity through nearly frictionless transactions. Bitcoin doesn't even store balances, it stores transactions. They are the root of what this is all about.

I sometimes think it would have been better for bitcoin if Satoshi would have set the block reward to 100 BTC for infinity so the fixation wouldn't have been on this pokemon like feeling that you got to catch them all. It might have lead to a slower adoption as you wouldn't have the hoarders descend upon the new form of gold, but you would have had a decreasing inflation rate relative to the quantity of coins out there anyway (which would have still led to long range deflation).

Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:29:11 AM

Sold to early eh?

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
PrintCoins (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:42:48 AM

Sold to early eh?

Lol, neither. I am anti-speculation.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.