Bitcoin Forum
December 09, 2016, 11:20:37 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We made our first USD donation! bitcoin-charity.com  (Read 758 times)
hayden

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:45:23 AM

I just wanted to share a small stepping stone that bitcoin-charity.com made today in completing our first conversion of BTC to USD and making a donation!

You can see the documentation under the donation tracking page: http://www.bitcoin-charity.com/

Let me know if you have any suggestions on what we could do to improve Smiley

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. Header-only clients like MultiBit trust that the majority of mining power is honest for the purposes of enforcing network rules such as the 21 million BTC limit. Full clients do not trust miners in this way.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
lathomas64

Activity: 130

Working on a new game -- Fortunes

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 04:18:27 PM

I love the idea of this site and it would be great to have people seeing bitcoin making a positive impact. I created a thread in gambling hoping to stimulate more donations: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40059.0

CTO and lead developer at Cliché Studio
free bitcoin every day

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 07:40:49 PM

I just wanted to share a small stepping stone that bitcoin-charity.com made today in completing our first conversion of BTC to USD and making a donation!

You can see the documentation under the donation tracking page: http://www.bitcoin-charity.com/

Let me know if you have any suggestions on what we could do to improve Smiley

+1. Helps worthy charities and the bitcoin overall.
hayden

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 09:36:52 PM

I love the idea of this site and it would be great to have people seeing bitcoin making a positive impact. I created a thread in gambling hoping to stimulate more donations: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40059.0

I really like the idea. Good job Smiley

We got our highest donation ever today from bitlucky.org! 0.3 BTC!

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1540

Drama Junkie

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 09:39:38 PM

I would remove the kittens if you plan on be taken seriously be outsiders.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they keep laughing, then they start choking on their laughter, and then they go and catch their breath. Then they start laughing even more.
hayden

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 09:58:36 PM

I would remove the kittens if you plan on be taken seriously be outsiders.

It's a random image rotation. One of the charities is the humane society, so it's appropriate.

lathomas64

Activity: 130

Working on a new game -- Fortunes

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 01:31:58 PM

in the top donation list, do ties go to the older or the more recent donation?

CTO and lead developer at Cliché Studio
free bitcoin every day

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 10:09:25 PM

in the top donation list, do ties go to the older or the more recent donation?

Just tested it, it appears the oldest one will stay on top. I could change it, but I think I like it how it is.

elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:46:36 PM

Just tested it, it appears the oldest one will stay on top. I could change it, but I think I like it how it is.

I agree, encourage others to donate higher to bump people out, rather than a continual stream of 0.3 BTC.

^_^
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.