Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:34:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide]How to create wallet in MyEtherwallet  (Read 190 times)
fuck4ass (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:58:19 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 10:14:56 AM by fuck4ass
Merited by paxmao (1)

Background

MyEtherwallet is an Ethereum wallet service that supports ERC-20 which allows us to store and transact using Ethereal token on this site. Myetherwallet is usually used by bounty hunters to serve as their wallet service when following a bounty campaign (Read: What is Bounty Campaign ) which they will get paid ethereum tokens if the bounty they are working on uses the base ethereum

Purpose

To make it easier for newbie in bitcointalk forum to create myetherwallet account. Because there is still a lot of confusion about it.

1. Go to myetherwallet site and create new wallet like screenshot above.

2. Download UTC / JSON File and save the file carefully.

3. Then, save a code called Private key well not to be lost / erased

4. Try access to myetherwallet site can use some method, we try to upload the UTC / JSON file that we have downloaded earlier, then input the password we have created earlier.

5. The second way we can access it using the private key that we have saved earlier and try to unlock.

6. If successful will appear like above, congratulations account has been successfully created, remember save well UTC files and private keynya not to be lost / erased, if you lose the UTC / private key file then you will lose the right to re-access the account.

if still confused and someone want to ask please can be asked via comment field. And I will add suggestions from someone who if useful for newbie in making myetherwallet wallet

A suggestion of Cosette
I will advice after you create on MyEtherWallet, import it to another wallet such as mist wallet or metamask or anything. It will be more secure for newbie, since newbie usually fall to phishing site.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:23:26 AM

Background

MyEtherwallet is an Ethereum wallet service that supports ERC-20 which allows us to store and transact using Ethereal token on this site. Myetherwallet is usually used by bounty hunters to serve as their wallet service when following a bounty campaign (Read: What is Bounty Campaign ) which they will get paid ethereum tokens if the bounty they are working on uses the base ethereum

Purpose

To make it easier for newbie in bitcointalk forum to create myetherwallet account. Because there is still a lot of confusion about it.

1. Go to myetherwallet site and create new wallet like screenshot above.

2. Download UTC / JSON File and save the file carefully.

3. Then, save a code called Private key well not to be lost / erased

4. Try access to myetherwallet site can use some method, we try to upload the UTC / JSON file that we have downloaded earlier, then input the password we have created earlier.

5. The second way we can access it using the private key that we have saved earlier and try to unlock.

6. If successful will appear like above, congratulations account has been successfully created, remember save well UTC files and private keynya not to be lost / erased, if you lose the UTC / private key file then you will lose the right to re-access the account.

if still confused and someone want to ask please can be asked via comment field

MyEtherWallet is not an account. It is just an interface to allow newbies to use Ethereum without syncing with the Ethereum blockchain and installing a wallet. Plus the fact that the disclaimer says that it is not an online account.

Cosette

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

DAMN SON!

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:50:34 AM

I will advice after you create on MyEtherWallet, import it to another wallet such as mist wallet or metamask or anything. It will be more secure for newbie, since newbie usually fall to phishing site.

~

MyEtherWallet is not an account. It is just an interface to allow newbies to use Ethereum without syncing with the Ethereum blockchain and installing a wallet. Plus the fact that the disclaimer says that it is not an online account.
No need to quote full post, that's make thread longer Undecided

-
fuck4ass (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:54:44 AM

Good advice! I did not think about the misk wallet or metamask. I will try to include some good suggestions into the thread. Hope you agree.
fuck4ass (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:01:49 AM

Okay I've renamed this thread, Thanks for the build criticism. However, if I may advise you, do not quote the full post. You can quote a few sentences only, then above it added ~ snip ~ writing
L_777

Merit: 3

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:16:38 AM

This may prove to be a good resource for some people.  Nice work on putting this together. 

It's just too bad that you chose the name fuck4ass op. 
mcoulatta

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:00:26 AM

Serious gratitude for sharing this. MEW is definitely one of the most important tools available that everyone should lear, but sadly I've notice many people too frustrated by it to truly be decentralized.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: