Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:06:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] Kittehcoin-qt Wallet for OSX 10.7+ VERIFIED  (Read 1771 times)
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 10:31:21 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 08:08:34 AM by danosphere

Hello Mah Kittehs!

As many of you may have found out upon downloading the kittehcoin-qt wallet for OSX it has a few issues. I worked a few days to iron out the kinks (freaking 10.9 Mavericks!) and I think I got it working. Can some of my fellow kitteh compadres help me test this out?

If you appreciate my work, please donate using the address in my sig Smiley. If this seems to work for everyone maybe I can haz donation meow? Here be your OSX kitteh wallet!

KittehCoin-QT MacOSX 10.7+

If you experience problems or issues please post in detail the error you receive, and the MAC VERSION you are running so I can try to fix fast!

Will post the source and stuff soon as I can get in touch with Lonestar.

---

Update: Now verified working on 10.7, 10.8, 10.8.5, 10.9, and 10.9.1. I'm gonna call it good to go for anyone 10.7+ but still post up if yo have issues. We'll get this on http://kittehcoin.com asap!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 10:45:52 PM

Some twitter friend have already pointed out an issue with the db_cxx lib missing, working on fixing it now please hold.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:54:15 PM

didn't work on 10.7, also the one in the github didn't work
i compiled on 10.7 and it works, where do i send it ?
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 11:06:37 PM

didn't work on 10.7, also the one in the github didn't work
i compiled on 10.7 and it works, where do i send it ?

I updated the zip posted in the first link to fix the library issues called out on twitter. Can you post a link to your 10.7 wallet?

Is it normal to have one wallet for <=10.7 and another for >=10.8? I would be working on the >=10.8 one in that case. Maybe lonestar [kittecoin dev] can chime in?

In either case I'd say post the wallet here so people can test it, once we have verified wallets we'll put them on the wiki or wherever need be Wink

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 11:19:29 PM

Libs are now in the .app but the linkage is still wrong, fixing (thanks twitter friends!)

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 12:08:28 AM

Libs fixed! Should work on OSX 10.9+, got confirmation from twitter users its working on 10.9 as well. Now to solve the issue for people on <10.9 @shai_ you said you have a wallet for 10.7?

http://twitter.com/AT101ET/status/418895977542868992/photo/1

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:40:38 AM

The wallet is up and running with full functionality.
Many Thanks for all the work you put in.

I'll be donating shortly Smiley
ScorpioCoin

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:53:22 AM

Just synchronised the wallet and did a transaction. So far everything works fine (Mavericks).

Do you think you could also compile such a wallet for CatCoin? Or would that be a whole different process?
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 12:56:40 AM

Just synchronised the wallet and did a transaction. So far everything works fine (Mavericks).

Do you think you could also compile such a wallet for CatCoin? Or would that be a whole different process?

Thanks for confirming! Unfortunately I'm only working on KittehCoin not CatCoin but the process is probably similar. I'm working on getting support in place for older versions of MacOSX (for kitteh). Hoping @shai_ can post a link to his 10.7 wallet... I'm working on putting together one for 10.8, and I'll move into 10.7 if @shai_ doesn't beat me there first.

ScorpioCoin

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:18:49 AM

Thanks for confirming! Unfortunately I'm only working on KittehCoin not CatCoin but the process is probably similar. I'm working on getting support in place for older versions of MacOSX (for kitteh). Hoping @shai_ can post a link to his 10.7 wallet... I'm working on putting together one for 10.8, and I'll move into 10.7 if @shai_ doesn't beat me there first.

You're welcome.
So, is there any way for me to compile this myself? I don't know how to code, but I know how to use the terminal (a little  Tongue).
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 03:22:40 AM

You're welcome.
So, is there any way for me to compile this myself? I don't know how to code, but I know how to use the terminal (a little  Tongue).

TBH it involved downloading QT Creator, modifying a number of build config files, macports (long story), building the c++ libs manually, manually packaging all the frameworks for deployment and libraries as well so it can get dicey- and that's after me figuring stuff out for 2days (admittedly this is my first foray into OSX development- but I do program other languages daily/smyjob).

If it helps I will be posting the final code to GitHub so you may glean some insights from that. I used macports to install the source files for the needed libraries to build the deployment (homebrew is an alternative) and I used the kittehcoin repository (https://github.com/kittehcoin/kittehcoin) as my starting point. I did lots of referencing against litecoin and dogecoin as well in order to get everything right. I really want to commit the code to that repo but if I don't hear back from the dev I may start a kittehcoin/kittecoin-qt project on github or something idk we need to keep the ball moving on this project.

Working on backwards compatibility with older versions of OSX now...

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 04:23:50 AM

This build may be compatible with OSX 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9. I have verified it works with 10.9, can someone give it a go with the others?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25508862/kittehcoin-qt_10_7.zip

shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:32:06 AM

seem to work 10.7
ScorpioCoin

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:34:00 PM

You're welcome.

TBH it involved downloading QT Creator, modifying a number of build config files, macports (long story), building the c++ libs manually, manually packaging all the frameworks for deployment and libraries as well so it can get dicey- and that's after me figuring stuff out for 2days (admittedly this is my first foray into OSX development- but I do program other languages daily/smyjob).

If it helps I will be posting the final code to GitHub so you may glean some insights from that. I used macports to install the source files for the needed libraries to build the deployment (homebrew is an alternative) and I used the kittehcoin repository (https://github.com/kittehcoin/kittehcoin) as my starting point. I did lots of referencing against litecoin and dogecoin as well in order to get everything right. I really want to commit the code to that repo but if I don't hear back from the dev I may start a kittehcoin/kittecoin-qt project on github or something idk we need to keep the ball moving on this project.

Working on backwards compatibility with older versions of OSX now...

Unfortunately, way too complicated for me. Thank you for the effort. Hopefully, KittehCoin will be a success! Smiley
DFiLeR

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:40:11 PM

nice work!   sent you some coin. goooo kitteh

VRC      VKAE3VC3iPf2FFJsrzirzk4SX6mSrzSUka                  XPM          AeX9teC4y9YMRNVb7726i8u3RTCcMksFG3
BTC       15P73FANUu5rgNcCr4kYVUNiD3tdmgqEuP             HYPER       HL2iRAWRThvAR9kt5NDdEPBhin57tD98hB
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:59:12 PM

Fantastic work!!! Cheesy

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 08:48:23 PM

nice work!   sent you some coin. goooo kitteh

Thanks! Big thanks to everyone who donated to thank me for the work on the wallet! I'm thinkin I may take on more responsibilities for KittehCoin since the wallet work went so well, keep donating if you like what I'm doing! Wiki and website are next on the list for updating Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: