Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:27:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: The Digital Currency of the Future  (Read 1661 times)
InvestItWisely (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2011, 01:40:59 PM
Merited by dupee419 (1)

Hi guys,

I posted an article about Bitcoin on my site today, over here: Bitcoin: The Digital Currency of the Future.

Head over and feel free to leave your comments, and any promotion would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sanjay

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2011, 01:57:53 PM

Very comprehensive and easy to read- great work!
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 01:58:40 PM

The the comment of "The Biz of Life" I would add the impossibility to create bitcoins at will, like you can't also create gold or silver out of nothing, you're limited to the existed stock.
Such feature is a feature existing currencies lack. One may say «but it wouldn't be wise to create more USD because it will cause the devaluation of it, so the Fed won't do it». A small issue; there's a huge difference between «Can't» and «Wouldn't».
I can say someone that's unwise to jump off a cliff and probably he «shouldn't» do it; but isn't anything unseen, now and then somebody jumps off a cliff.
However I can say some he «can't» jump on a cliff because he have no wings. And in fact I never heard of someone to be able to jump from the ground to the top of a cliff. As we can't produce bitcoins at will, even if was or wasn't a wise thing to do.

For your article, seams well explained.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
mpkomara

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 02:15:18 PM

It's a very good article.  I wish you hadn't showed the rising price of bitcoin relative to USD at the end.  You marginalize the importance of bitcoin once you bring up the question "yeah, but how many dollars can i get for it?" 

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 02:33:00 PM

Your article explains Bitcoin well, but I noticed one mistake: There are 5.5 million Bitcoins in existence at this point, not just 1 million. Also, mentioning that there will never be more than 21 million might be helpful, although the graph speaks for itself.
InvestItWisely (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2011, 03:48:14 AM

Thanks for the feedback and commenting, and a special thanks to whoever sent me over a bit of BTC... that was very kind of you!

I've made a couple of changes to the article taking your suggestions and feedback into consideration. I updated some numbers and also moved the technical chart lower, changing the text around it a bit as well.

Has anyone ever made a "download Bitcoin" image logo? I'd like to add one to make the download easier to spot, but I only found a "donate Bitcoin" image.

Thanks guys,

Kevin @ Invest It Wisely
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
March 01, 2011, 09:56:48 AM

Can I co-opt your page for the wiki? With corrections.

I will link your article on the talk page.
InvestItWisely (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2011, 01:21:21 PM

Can I co-opt your page for the wiki? With corrections.

I will link your article on the talk page.

For sure, this would be great!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: