Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 01:11:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] Bitfury Bare Chips ~2.6 Gh/s - 3 reels  (Read 13171 times)
BitcoinValet (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:37:21 PM

I'm going to pick up a couple extra BTC today. I may be able to take some PayPal payments (verified to the address they are shipping to) or a wire transfer.

I'm also gathering some info on DIY kits and bumping service. Are you guys interested in single chip USB miners or modular 16 chip card systems? I am working on single chip nano devices myself, and may be able to extend such services.

bitly

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 07:24:29 PM

I'm going to pick up a couple extra BTC today. I may be able to take some PayPal payments (verified to the address they are shipping to) or a wire transfer.

I'm also gathering some info on DIY kits and bumping service. Are you guys interested in single chip USB miners or modular 16 chip card systems? I am working on single chip nano devices myself, and may be able to extend such services.

I'm also looking into manufacturing a batch of single- or dual-chip USB miners.
Bobs Yerunkle

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

Untitled

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:27:05 PM

Although it is arguably a wiser business decision to sell USB shovels, DIY multi-chip is my preference.
I want to make it and mine with it.

Here are three projects I have seen.
 - One String - a novel bitfury miner design - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=370932.0
Project QikFury - prototype v1 Bitfury H-Boards https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=391689.0
NanoFury Project - Open Source Design https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321287

I can't speak to the viability of these projects and many of these already have high visibility but just 'for the record'.
DrZeck

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:13:03 PM

Hello Guys,

Happy New Year And Best  Wishes To ALL  Smiley

I am interested for 1000 chips too,

Cheers,

bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:40:44 PM

BitcoinValet - Did Dave get back to you on the payment specs?  If not, I can get the info you need.

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions!

-Jason
BitcoinValet (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:57:56 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 08:08:39 AM by BitcoinValet

BitcoinValet - Did Dave get back to you on the payment specs?  If not, I can get the info you need.

-Jason

Not as of yet. I got an email from Jason that he wold forward my message to Dave, but I did not hear from anyone today. Please PM me

Thanks.

pauljbl

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:53:46 PM

Hi sent you a pm

Would also be interested in 16 bit fury chips all on one board

Cheers.
bobcaticus

Activity: 553

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:44:33 AM

BitcoinValet - Did Dave get back to you on the payment specs?  If not, I can get the info you need.

-Jason

Not as of yet. I got an email from Jason that he wold forward my message to Dave, but I did not hear from anyone today. Please PM me or email BitcoinValet@gmail.com

Thanks.

Hey I know that guy!  I'll check up with Dave in a few.

-Jason
lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:53:17 AM

I'd be interested in 64 chips and assembly as either thumbs, boards or both.

BitcoinValet (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:05:43 AM

The group buy for Bitfury chips is on!

I have approval from Dave to conduct a group buy with the following disclaimers;

1) Dave reiterated that MegaBigPower.com will be selling single chips once they are in stock. This may mean that they are available for sale on the site before mine have been delivered.

I feel that this has been addressed in the OP. This group buy is for people who want to reserve single chips the way you would be able to reserve a full reel. There has been no anouncment when single chips will be available on the site, or what the pricing will be. I based my pricing on the last round of single chips costing a flat 20% more than they do by the reel regardless of quantity. So I set the price of less than 50 chips at 20% over the per reel cost, and then discounting it depending on quantity. Also in the past the cost of shipping through MegaBigPower.com has been included in the price, but I do require that buyers pay shipping. If the group buy does not go through or there are unforeseen issues I will refund any BTC sent to my payment address, up until the point that the full payment is submitted to MegaBigPower. Once the reel has been paid for, I cannot offer refunds for anything besides defective chips.

2) Any support or RMAs from this group buy has to be handled through me.
Unless there is some extreme circumstance, I plan to refund any defective units, and will RMA them to the manufacturer once they have accumulated.

This shouldn't change anything, but please take it into consideration before ordering.

OP will be updated accordingly. I am submitting my funds for the chips I am reserving. I am no longer taking reservations and now asking for payments.

BitcoinValet (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:20:25 AM

Regarding DIY Kits and bumping service;

Single chip USB Nano Furies;
DIY Kits:
We should be able to put something together before the mid Feb. release of Bitfury chips. For this to be feasible we would need to do an initial run of at least 500 kits. The kit would consist of a nano fury board with all the parts placed except the USB port and heatsink. You would need to solder the USB connector and your own bitfury chip. The hatsink is peel and stick. You then need to flash the miner, we can provide a program to do this. I need a couple days to get a price together if we do a run of 500 or 1000. My ballpark guess at this time would be in the $50-$60 range for individual kits, and there would be some volume pricing model.

Chip placement - "bumping service"
We will be able to offer assembly of your chips onto fully assembled Nano Fury boards. You will pay the cost of parts, and an assembly fee. General turnaround time should be around 3 weeks once all the components are in hand and provided machine time has been scheduled. I really need to wait to hear back regarding pricing, but I should know in a couple days. The quandary here is that bumping service would not likely be much less than if we just assembled the final product and offered it through this board at wholesale, which is one of our goals. There are however times when Bitfury chips may not be readily available, and this may be desirable to some buyers once MegaBigPower announces how they they are going to handle single chip orders.

Wholesale Nano Furies:
This would need to be organized through a group buy. We would need to do a run of at least 500 units, and that is a bigger order than I can handle out of pocket. The turnaround time is about 3 weeks (once the Bitfury chips are delivered) from start to finish including quality control and delivery times. I should have a more precise price in the next couple days, but we are estimating in the range of $70-$100 per unit with a volume pricing model.

Multi-chip cards and modular units;

A lot of people have contacted me in a short time expressing very serious interest in multi-chip cards. We hear you guys, and trust me we are listening. We are exploring some of the open source options posted in this thread, and considering some other angles. However there is a lot of research and development required before we can even begin offer something publicly.

I will be updating this information as it is received.

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:47:50 AM

I will pay tomorrow. Probably upping my order to 500.
BitcoinValet (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:53:48 AM

If everyone follows through and the trend continues, we may be looking at 2 reels.

pauljbl

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:52:23 AM

Hi
Can you put me down for 16 chips please

Thankyou
TerraHasher

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:56:44 AM

I wasn't joking, if someone can come up with a DIY solution for a simple scalable multi-chip board, open source of course. or fairly priced to just buy the boards i would fully be interested in buying a whole reel of 3000 chips. Just something about building my own 7.8 TH/s miner that trips my trigger. I would love to see something like what all the Chinese are doing with the 2nd gen avalon chips. Stackable modules with like 100 chips per module, controlled by a FPGA or something. the ability to put 4 Modules in a 4U case and stack them up.

I really think its about time as a community that we start getting away from companies and doing for ourselves. There is not a single member on this forum who has not been held hostage by most of these companies poor business practices at one time or another. Maybe when we make it clear that we do not need them, they will change their ill-thought ways.

Any idea on how many total reels will be available? And what kind of a discount can one get for just buying a whole reel? or multiple reels? If there is a legit open source DIY option available and if it comes to fruition before the chips are available i might even consider ordering a few reels as i live only 5 miles from Advanced Circuits and have a good rapport with them so i could probably get my units assembled quite cost effectively and quickly.

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4
Cheshyr

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:16:13 AM

I'll buy the last 10 from the first reel.

edit: Payment sent.
BitcoinValet (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:42:06 AM

I'll buy the last 10 from the first reel.

edit: Payment sent.

Those weren't actually the last 10, but your order is confirmed. The requests were taken to determine if this group buy was worth perusing. Chips are available on a first come first served basis, so they go to whoever pays for them first. If we fill the reel and there is still enough demand we will order a second one.

TerraHasher

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:59:46 AM

Ok, finally found a PCB i can work with, with only having to make some miner modifications. took 4 days of constant searching but i found it, and will be doing the re-design.

You can put me down for a full Reel, Probably a dumb question but do you accept Direct wire transfer? It would be much easier than me having to bring in coin from cold storage as i only keep 5 coin per freezer. Might take a week to pay if you cannot accept a wire transfer.

BitcoinValet (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:08:08 AM

Ok, finally found a PCB i can work with, with only having to make some miner modifications. took 4 days of constant searching but i found it, and will be doing the re-design.

You can put me down for a full Reel, Probably a dumb question but do you accept Direct wire transfer? It would be much easier than me having to bring in coin from cold storage as i only keep 5 coin per freezer. Might take a week to pay if you cannot accept a wire transfer.

If you want a full reel you should contact MegaBigPower directly. I do not represent them, I put this group buy together for people who cannot take on a full reel themselves.

www.megabigpower.com is their website

Here is the announcement of pre-orders for full reels.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251966.msg4244437#msg4244437

TerraHasher

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:12:50 AM

Thanks Valet, looking into it now.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: