Bitcoin Forum
June 02, 2024, 05:12:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Profitability calculation  (Read 561 times)
kimerafusion (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:13:26 AM

Hey there, I'm thinking about how is the profitability of a coin calculated. I mean, how can you, basing on your own hashrate, the coin's difficulty and block rewards, know how much coins would you produce in a certain amount of time (like an hour). Could someone explain me?
MrGodMan

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:16:27 AM

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

Does all the work for you
doesn't have calculator for all cryptos but most of them

kimerafusion (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:20:30 AM

Thank you, I already know this website but I'd like to know how to calculate it so I can quickly calculate the quantity of a certain currency without starting to mine and looking at the amount of coins that I would mine in a day.
filipe3x

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:23:06 AM

I'd love to see the formulas too.
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 02:49:19 AM

Thank you, I already know this website but I'd like to know how to calculate it so I can quickly calculate the quantity of a certain currency without starting to mine and looking at the amount of coins that I would mine in a day.
Calculator posted in this website is easier one, If you want to calculate manually then you first of all need to know the difficulty of the coin which you are going to mine and the real time exchange price block reward and block reward timing so you can get how much you are going to gain.

kimerafusion (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:52:23 AM

Coinwarz seems to use the formula : Coins earned in X seconds = hashrate*X*blockReward/2^32*difficulty.
Found it on the internet, tried it on 10 different coins, it's working 100%.
singula

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:22:47 PM

They often have the difficulty bad, especially for galaxycoin (retarget every block) or other coins with short blocks fast retarget.

Basically they tell what was profitable last hour, but not what is profitable now. Sometimes these two are close, sometimes not. Using some prediction of difficulty instead of old values may yield much better results, though it would be harder to implement on the site.

So, garbage in - garbage out.

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: