Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 09:14:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recourse against BTER.com?  (Read 565 times)
itsokay (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:04:06 AM

Is there anything more I can do to make progress toward getting my money out of BTER.com? I've emailed them a dozen times, I've messaged every one of their QQ addresses every day this week, and I cannot get them to even acknowledge I'm talking to them beyond telling me to contact a different QQ number, where I am ignored.

The issue is, like others on the forum, that I used the same password for login and the "fund password," because it was not explained to me on signup what it was for or that they had to be different.  They are holding nearly 1 BTC of mine hostage until I reset the fund password, which the site will not allow me to do.

If they were an American company, I would contact the BBB. But it seems I am completely helpless here. Is there anything I can do?
Nipperkin

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:40:56 AM

good question, where are they based out of?  Find that out and contact the local media and authorities and make a stink about it.  That should get their attention and put more into customer support.
olinnebit

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:23:44 AM

Try asking on the Chinese section of teh forum. IDK if anyone will answer or if your post will be deleted, but it is worth a shot. I just have to ask, if you have to chose two passwords for one service, why would anyone chose the same password twice? Huh

Smileyftw

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:39:07 PM

try to contact them directly anyways send me a message to let me know about it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: