Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:51:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New type of wallet design to be used in over-the-counter  (Read 504 times)
CryptoDevice (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:34:50 AM

Hi all,

I'm writting this post to try and inform people about our project. If you haven't already; have a read, and tell a friend.
http://igg.me/at/cryptography/x/5930728

we're currently working on a very exciting new project developing a new cryptocurrency wallet like none currently in the market.
This wallet will be in the form of a handheld device that can be used in shops to buy bitcoins/litecoin/any cryptocurrency OVER THE COUNTER.
We're aiming so that by December you'll be able to walk into a corner store, buy 20 cryptocoins, then walk down to TESCOs and get your weekly shopping.

It will facilitate not only payments to and from PayPoints, so you can load/unload coins onto and from the wallet, but will also allow you to transfer from wallet to wallet, it effectively shall enable you to do everything you can do with a credit/debit card, except with participating retailers (which will be many and varied).

We already have 60 score businesses that are willing to trial out our prototypes, and our goal is to have several hundred by the end of year one.
R&D is still waiting for the patents to be appropriated, but once the patent is pending there will be updates as to device specifics, CAD drawings, plans, and specifications.

Thank you very much, and if you like the idea, please follow us, and tell a friend!
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoDevice (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:47:19 AM

would be interesting to see if anyone's interested...
btchip

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

CTO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 05:34:29 PM

I believe that you'll get more comments when there'll be some technical information available and a clear position on how you plan to use those patents.

For the time being and with the information provided it doesn't seem very innovative, at least to me - some other people (such as http://bitcoincard.org/) already advertised similar things. A regular smartphone wallet, or any other hardware wallet could also be used Over The Counter with the right connectivity, and so on.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: