Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:14:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vod abusing reputation system  (Read 878 times)
xSplit (OP)

Activity: 241
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:52:35 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2018, 02:48:52 AM by xSplit

User "Vod" shitposted my reputation for asking a loan "without" a collateral in his opinion, nevertheless it covered 70% of the loan in my opinion and anyway even if it wasn't he has no right to do so.

I could have asked a loan with no collateral at all(as many users do there), it was not his right to do so when I did not ask him anything at all, he could have posted in the thread saying his opinion instead of shitposting my reputation.

I could have changed collateral to something else as well, I've sent him three pms and he is not answering.

edit: read below too

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 01:56:31 AM

User "Vod" shitposted my reputation for asking a loan "without" a collateral in his opinion, nevertheless it covered 70% of the loan in my opinion and anyway even if it wasn't he has no right to do so.

Wow - you are censoring my right to free thought?

Your bitcointalk account is worthless - as you know since you edited your original loan request.  

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
xSplit (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:58:17 AM

Your bitcointalk is worthless - as you know since you edited your original loan post. 

I've edited my post in hope to let you change/remove your useless reputation

Why you didn't post in the thread but had to shitpost my rep?

Also my account is worthless in your opinion, now is worth less thanks to you
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 02:00:48 AM
Merited by TMAN (5)

If my reputation is worthless then don't worry about it.

Have a better day.  :/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
xSplit (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:02:21 AM

If my reputation is worthless then don't worry about it.

Have a better day.  :/

It is just harmful to me and you had no right to do so, why you didn't post in the thread?
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 02:03:11 AM

It is just harmful to me and you had no right to do so, why you didn't post in the thread?

Shhh, it's worthless.  Don't worry about it.

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 02:03:25 AM
Merited by Avirunes (1)

Yeah. Worthless. Exactly.

Bitcointalk accounts shouldn't be used as collateral in the first place. Or, if you want to, you should value it at 0 BTC. Otherwise, loans can just be used as disguised account sales. And there are plenty of examples in the Lending section.

Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 02:06:03 AM

Your bitcointalk account is worthless - as you know since you edited your original loan request.  

I would say use archive.is for archiving the link and use the archived link as reference. Smiley

Bitcointalk accounts shouldn't be used as collateral in the first place. Or, if you want to, you should value it at 0 BTC. Otherwise, loans can just be used as disguised account sales. And there are plenty of examples in the Lending section.

Perfect one... Kiss
xSplit (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:06:34 AM

Shhh, it's worthless.  Don't worry about it.

You keep not answering, why you didn't just tell me through a post my collateral was invalid/not enough to cover the amount? Why you went straight to my reputation for no good reason?
xSplit (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:07:53 AM

And he had to shitpost my reputation to tell me this account can't be used as collateral?
xSplit (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:10:50 AM

I would say use archive.is for archiving the link and use the archived link as reference. Smiley

I asked for a 0.014 loan with 2 accounts as collateral:
1) A steam account with gta v and no vac ban, still sold at $60 on steam
2) This forum account, without negative reputation like now which I assumed was worth at least $20-40

He could have said to me "you have to put in something else you can't use your own account" no he went straight to my reputation and added his presumption that I am a scammer
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 02:11:04 AM
Merited by TMAN (5)

And he had to shitpost my reputation to tell me this account can't be used as collateral?
I don't know the original post because you edited it so I'm assuming that Vod's feedback is correct.

In lieu of that, I would present you with this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.0

It is also stickied in the Lending section so you should not feign ignorance.

If you completely ignore this sticky and make a loan request with no collateral, without having massive trust on the forum, the chances of you getting negative trusted feedback and therefore having a Trade with Extreme Caution tag is almost 100%.

You should also stop with the consecutive posts. There is an edit button, you know.

xSplit (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:14:30 AM

I don't know the original post because you edited it so I'm assuming that Vod's feedback is incorrect.

In lieu of that, I would present you with this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.0

It is also stickied in the Lending section so you should not feign ignorance.

If you completely ignore this sticky and make a loan request with no collateral, without having massive trust on the forum, the chances of you getting negative trusted feedback and therefore having a Trade with Extreme Caution tag is almost 100%.

You should also stop with the consecutive posts. There is an edit button, you know.

But I had a collateral, just not worth the whole amount(edit: maybe, value is in part subjective), I could have added something else instead of just closing my thread with rage because of this idiot

He could have posted/warned me in the thread, he did not
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 02:19:11 AM
Merited by Vod (2), Avirunes (2)

But I had a collateral, just not worth the whole amount(edit: maybe, value is in part subjective)
Value is subjective. But objectively, those collateral items are equivalent to a value of zero. Here's why:

Firstly, Steam accounts can be retrieved easily in a variety of ways after the transfer. Not only that, but I believe it is actually against the rules to sell your Steam account. So, the parties involved would be breaching Steam T&C.

Secondly, BCT accounts can also be retrieved because any password/email changes can be reversed (or the account can be locked) within 14 days. This means that you would have to escrow the account for a full fortnight to get the loan, which would probably be pointless for most people; you would ask for loans when you need them, not 2 weeks in advance.
That means... neither of the collateral items are worth anything.

xSplit (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:24:15 AM

But I had a collateral, just not worth the whole amount(edit: maybe, value is in part subjective)
Value is subjective. But objectively, those collateral items are equivalent to a value of zero. Here's why:

Firstly, Steam accounts can be retrieved easily in a variety of ways after the transfer. Not only that, but I believe it is actually against the rules to sell your Steam account. So, the parties involved would be breaching Steam T&C.

Secondly, BCT accounts can also be retrieved because any password/email changes can be reversed (or the account can be locked) within 14 days. This means that you would have to escrow the account for a full fortnight to get the loan, which would probably be pointless for most people; you would ask for loans when you need them, not 2 weeks in advance.
That means... neither of the collateral items are worth anything.

Why he didn't say the same thing in the thread instead of going directly to my reputation? Since I did not know those two things were "worthless" according to you

For facts sake: PlayerAuctions.com sells steam accounts without problems by years

I also have a Battle.net account with Overwatch, is it worth nothing as well?
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 02:34:58 AM

For the same reasons I've provided in my Steam explanation, yes. It's worth nothing. Account recovery should be simple with some basic verification. Even an email, yeah?

xSplit (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:40:35 AM

For the same reasons I've provided in my Steam explanation, yes. It's worth nothing. Account recovery should be simple with some basic verification. Even an email, yeah?
So I can't use ANY of those gaming related accounts, not even WoT or LoL for the same reasons

This is new to me, apparently not to Vod
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:34:30 PM

You are misleading people to buy your worthless accounts.

2) This forum account, without negative reputation like now which I assumed was worth at least $20-40

He could have said to me "you have to put in something else you can't use your own account" no he went straight to my reputation and added his presumption that I am a scammer
Quoted for reference.
xSplit (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:54:48 PM

You are misleading people to buy your worthless accounts.

Quoted for reference.

Again I did not know accounts were worth nothing, even more gaming accounts like steam or battle.net commonly sold online

If you want to be an asshole ok go on won't care, will add you both in ignore list
WelshOnTheRoad

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:11:30 PM

Again I did not know accounts were worth nothing, even more gaming accounts like steam or battle.net commonly sold online

If you want to be an asshole ok go on won't care, will add you both in ignore list

Its a good thing people won't just ignore your trust Wink oh and by the way there's a sticky in the lending section which even Vod himself posted in with the community accepted guidelines: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.msg6311902#msg6311902

You can't just claim ignorance I'm afraid as everything has been clearly outlined before your request. Let's just say the collateral was valid for pity sake...it would only cover 70% (your words) and not the generally accepted 120%

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: