Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:13:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bfgminer/Remote Control & Multi-Instances  (Read 2609 times)
d-angel2001 (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:32:35 AM

Hello,
I wish a great new year to everyone!

I am currently developing/concipating on a web-interface that should be able to completly manage one/multiple mining instances on top of bfgminer. I noticed currently there is no solid tool that is able to do this (expect cgminer gui which is only for windows and has no web-interface).

I'm planning these features:
  • monitoring/managing available devices
  • managing available pools (either failover or different instances)
  • assigning devices to a pool
  • assigning a user/login to a pool (f.e. if you rent your pool power partly to s.o.)

I quickly noticed that I'll need to have a deep view into the RPC-API of bfgminer - but it's great there is one.

I also need to know and want to exchange if someone already was able to manually run different instances of bfgminer (on one machine) with assigning manually a given range of mining-devices to an instance running.

Can someone give me feedback on this?

PS: Any feedback on my idea is welcome to support me in doing what I'm going to do.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
primeblock

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:47:29 PM

Have played around with this myself, something that I find pretty lacking out there personally there is multiminer as well which is a great app but for headless installations proves a bit difficult and is still windows/mono.

As for assigning multiple bfgminers I am not sure but I am pretty certain you can assign different "hardware" devices to mine specific pools/coins as that option is present in multiminer.

Setting up a good php or node interface to interact with the miners is something on my short list as well!

d-angel2001 (OP)

Activity: 137

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:10:52 PM

Have played around with this myself, something that I find pretty lacking out there personally there is multiminer as well which is a great app but for headless installations proves a bit difficult and is still windows/mono.

As for assigning multiple bfgminers I am not sure but I am pretty certain you can assign different "hardware" devices to mine specific pools/coins as that option is present in multiminer.

Setting up a good php or node interface to interact with the miners is something on my short list as well!

Hello,

thanks for your feedback. I already figured out some more into cgminer and bfgminer.

I am planning to develop a web-based platform (user/client interaction) using a client-side software to be installed on linux/windows/mac parallel to the mining software. The client-software will be running as service and be (more or less/may be later) without any GUI or Interface.

The purpose of the client tool will be to remotely configure the miner's and available hardware to one miner instance. This is planned to be done by controling the start/stop/monitoring of the cgminer/bfgminer process (using passed command-line params) and use of the RPC-API both miners are supporting. The connection to the web-platform is done using HTTPS (SSL Encryption between client/server).

Then on the web-interface the user can configure to use wich miner-binary to use, eventually configure custom-command-line params and so on.

There will be an overview of scanned/available devices (reported by the client-tool) that then can be assigned (all or selective) to one or more instances of miners (f.e. useful if wanting to rent some miners to someone else). To complete the "rent" feature I plan that one will be able to create "sub-logins" having access to the rented devices using the same interface.

The main client is supposed to be coded in PHP as for most platforms there are php-binaries available and https/client connection can be done without problems. Even some default mining-binaries incl. updater-service for the given platform could (optionally) be installed using a small package to be installed by the customer.

I think it will make mining much more "user-friendly" to those being not tech-nerds and it has the advantage of comfortably being able to rent mining power or hardware to somebody.
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 01:09:29 PM

Sounds like a PHP version of MobileMiner, and there is an HTML5 MobileMiner in the works...

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
7queue

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 08:44:16 PM

If your on Linux why not just use byobu or similar to ssh in to monitor/manage?

You can disconnect and it will still be running. This is how I have my setup running.

I've also tried the multi-instance of bfgminer and it works.

8 )

8 )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: