gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002
|
 |
January 25, 2014, 10:22:06 PM |
|
Not in place now Is exploit is possible now Actualy , not punish for make delay in forge block
Other exploit possible.
If forge current block. I can add 32K transaction for create alias ( Max 255). I have return all fee when forge
You have not response for upgrade scoring for next next block
I have doubts if anyone understood, what you've wanted to say. ENOPARSE.
|
|
|
|
ricot
Newbie

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
|
 |
January 26, 2014, 12:11:08 PM |
|
perl, if I understood you correctly, and I'm absolutely not sure about that, I think you mean an exploit that I was referring to a few pages ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397183.msg4326007#msg4326007An yes, if you are certain enough, you can avoid paying transaction fees if you only issue transactions when it's your turn to forge the next block.
|
|
|
|
|
perl
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190
|
 |
January 26, 2014, 12:25:02 PM |
|
Rest probleme, If my turn forge block . I can waiting longtime for get maximum transaction in my block.
Waiting cannot losse my block. I know all pubkey all peers and amount . I can compute when other node can forge block
Actualy , I have decompiler last release and not see code for punish bad node
|
|
|
|
|
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1137
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
|
 |
January 26, 2014, 12:30:26 PM |
|
Rest probleme, If my turn forge block . I can waiting longtime for get maximum transaction in my block.
Waiting cannot losse my block. I know all pubkey all peers and amount . I can compute when other node can forge block
Actualy , I have decompiler last release and not see code for punish bad node
You *will* be punished when the final source code is released (the source code you have decompiled is *not* what is going to be final and even has flaws purposely injected into it). So yes you can wait until your turn to forge to send a transaction but I really don't see that as being a flaw - rather it is an incentive to "forge".
|
|
|
|
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1002
|
 |
January 26, 2014, 01:33:25 PM |
|
ALDRIN DONATE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HELP HERE!
|
|
|
|
|
ricot
Newbie

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
|
 |
January 26, 2014, 04:56:58 PM |
|
Rest probleme, If my turn forge block . I can waiting longtime for get maximum transaction in my block.
Waiting cannot losse my block. I know all pubkey all peers and amount . I can compute when other node can forge block
Actualy , I have decompiler last release and not see code for punish bad node
As I wrote in the post that I linked, waiting can loose you your block, if there are 2 other blocks generated before you release yours. So the amount you can gain by waiting for more transactions to come in is limited to about 1-2 minutes. So yes, there is an advantage, but it's not that big. (Btw: What's your native language?)
|
|
|
|
|
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
|
 |
January 26, 2014, 07:28:12 PM |
|
ALDRIN DONATE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HELP HERE!
or sell it. no need for altruism here. rational self interest will get the job done nicely. it doesn't matter how he distributes his stake. all that matters is that it gets distributed.
|
Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
|
|
|
|
|
perl
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190
|
 |
January 26, 2014, 08:19:50 PM |
|
As I wrote in the post that I linked, waiting can loose you your block, if there are 2 other blocks generated before you release yours. So the amount you can gain by waiting for more transactions to come in is limited to about 1-2 minutes. So yes, there is an advantage, but it's not that big. (Btw: What's your native language?)
Is big avantage for me. 1.) 0 node can forged regular block before me. I know all pub account and ammount ( I can compute other node forge my block ) 2.) If waiting 3 more time necessary, I increase power my forge factor 3 3.) If forge one block. I can add 255 free Alias My native language is french
|
|
|
|
|
ricot
Newbie

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
|
 |
January 26, 2014, 11:12:49 PM |
|
Is big avantage for me. 1.) 0 node can forged regular block before me. I know all pub account and ammount ( I can compute other node forge my block )
2.) If waiting 3 more time necessary, I increase power my forge factor 3
You can't wait 3 more blocks because the blocks are chosen by cumulated difficulty. So if someone else (let's call him Bob) forges the block that you are holding off on forging, he'll have a lower cumulated difficulty than you. But since you're holding off your block, all other peers will think that Bob's block is the best and continue forging there. And as soon as a second block is forged on top of Bob's block, the cumulated difficulty of those 2 blocks will be higher than yours and no-one in the network will accept your block anymore. So yes, you can hold off, but not for long. 3.) If forge one block. I can add 255 free Alias
Yes, at the moment, if you forge a block you can include transactions "for free". I've already pointed that out. Unfortunately, there is no simple solution for that. Because if you would say that you can't include transactions from the account that is forging, you could just split up your sum into 2 accounts (and take the smallish hit with forging chances), and just commit the transactions from the account that isn't forging.
|
|
|
|
|
perl
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190
|
 |
January 27, 2014, 01:21:25 AM Last edit: January 27, 2014, 01:46:48 AM by perl |
|
I am ok all say.
Why the generator would not be paid with fee of the previous block ?
Generator, no gain if waiting Generator, no fee free
We can not demand so somebody write his compendation. Compensation must be written by somebody else
It is common sense
|
|
|
|
|
|
opticalcarrier
|
 |
January 27, 2014, 03:55:25 AM |
|
I am ok all say.
Why the generator would not be paid with fee of the previous block ?
Generator, no gain if waiting Generator, no fee free
We can not demand so somebody write his compendation. Compensation must be written by somebody else
It is common sense
very interesting suggestion
|
|
|
|
|
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002
|
 |
January 27, 2014, 06:36:58 AM |
|
I am ok all say.
Why the generator would not be paid with fee of the previous block ?
Generator, no gain if waiting Generator, no fee free
We can not demand so somebody write his compendation. Compensation must be written by somebody else
It is common sense
So if I understand you correctly, what you suggest is: - EvilBob waits with generating block n, cause he wants to maximize his gains,
- In the meantime Alice produced block n
compensation should be given to Alice? That might not be that easy to do. There is (quite likely) chance that transactions in block generated by Alice, will be different, than those, that EvilBob wanted to include. Let's say we have transactions: t 1, .. t i, .. t j, .. [t] n. EvilBob wanted to include t 1 ... t j. And Alice generated t i..t n. Now after that comes Charlie, who generated n+1th block. It will probably include txes missed by Alice (t 1...t i-1). So I don't think it would be easy to calculate HOW Alice should have been compensated.
|
|
|
|
perl
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190
|
 |
January 27, 2014, 08:30:08 AM Last edit: January 27, 2014, 09:24:55 AM by perl |
|
So if I understand you correctly, what you suggest is: - EvilBob waits with generating block n, cause he wants to maximize his gains,
- In the meantime Alice produced block n
I want to prevent behavior compensation should be given to Alice?
The solution proposed That might not be that easy to do. There is (quite likely) chance that transactions in block generated by Alice, will be different, than those, that EvilBob wanted to include.
Not likely , Is sure transaction are different Change for switch the solution is quickly and safe . only block use moment switch { Block XXXXXXXXX0 , can not include transaction Block XXXXXXXXX1 , compensation use new methode If XXXXXXXXXX0 include fee, fee is add to account generator ( XXXXXXXX0 and XXXXXXXX1 ) } And for get ammount fee : Retrieve information from the previous block with same method to get signature to forge the current block We must accept we are not paid for the transaction includes block but are in the previous block If the previous block at zero fee. No one's interest to stay long on the current block. Everyone wants new blocks with transactions forge
|
|
|
|
|
|
BloodyRookie
|
 |
January 27, 2014, 09:56:19 AM |
|
Getting the fees from the previous block sounds interesting, but where is the incentive to include any transactions if the generator doesn't get the fees from the included transactions?
|
Nothing Else Matters NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ NXT: 11095639652683007953
|
|
|
perl
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190
|
 |
January 27, 2014, 09:59:46 AM Last edit: January 27, 2014, 12:25:40 PM by perl |
|
Getting the fees from the previous block sounds interesting, but where is the incentive to include any transactions if the generator doesn't get the fees from the included transactions?
I return your question: Question: Actualy, What is the interest for a forge block without transaction account? My response: Just past the following and run the network There is also logic to pay To include transactions in a block and Validate the previous block to make it not an orphan More the block has transactions over there need not be an orphan This would be new in the crypto currency. But the NXT is innovative and think back the cryptomonnaie Add an offset to compensate individuals who forge. Does not add an interval in the validation of the transaction. The Transaction is still in the same block, and at the same time.
|
|
|
|
|
|
BloodyRookie
|
 |
January 27, 2014, 11:20:44 AM |
|
Hmm...really hard to understand you, perl. Since you are from France, maybe german is easier for you than english? If yes, you may write in german, I can translate 
|
Nothing Else Matters NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ NXT: 11095639652683007953
|
|
|
perl
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190
|
 |
January 27, 2014, 12:43:20 PM |
|
I have edited my message ( use bing translator for help me ) . Bing is better for the translation, it is hard to say but it's true.
Just for resume my solution:
Advantage: 1.) No free transaction possible 2.) Waiting for forge block is useless 3.) No need check if peer use more time than necessary to forge the block 4.) Nobody writes the amount it will pay (common sense) 5.) It is the individual interests of all the world to forge the block as soon as possible
Disadvantage: Accept the idea that we are not paying for transactions validated Payed for make network run (validate the previous blocks) Why stay in a principle purely POW.
|
|
|
|
|
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1137
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
|
 |
January 27, 2014, 12:46:47 PM |
|
The Google Translation (am guessing) is not helping a great deal - whatever happened to all that crap we were told about computers "speaking natural languages" even by the year 2000.  Edit: Indeed the "bing" translation is better - maybe Microsoft's inferior search engine has an ace up its sleeve after all? Perhaps if the idea were to be to divide the fees between yourself and the previous forger (say 50/50) then you might get the best of both incentives (i.e. to publish as quickly as possible and to include as many txs as possible).
|
|
|
|
perl
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190
|
 |
January 27, 2014, 12:55:45 PM |
|
Perhaps if the idea were to be to divide the fees between yourself and the previous forger (say 50/50) then you might get the best of both.
If you make 50/50 . The problem persists If you make 0.1/1000000 The problem persists All account is not equal for transaction fee You can reduce all you want. An advantage exist. BlackHat use advantage, and many,many more blackHat following.
|
|
|
|
|
|