Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:42:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Korean virtual currency was ransacked, Bitcoin price dropped $ 9,000  (Read 160 times)
buiduc1 (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:39:31 AM

Korean virtual currency was ransacked, Bitcoin price dropped $ 9,000
According to data from Coinmarketcap, at 22:00 GMT on May 11, Vietnam Bitcoin traded at $ 8,648, down more than 7% from the previous 24 hours, the lowest level in three weeks.
What is your thought?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Harding Young

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:58:58 AM

I am very worried. South Korea is taking strong moves to control the virtual currency market to combat speculative activity and illegal practices such as money laundering. Over the past few months, authorities have ransacked some virtual forecaster offices, audited ICO operations, and banned financial institutions from co-operating with the forecaster. virtual.
thomas daniel

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:28:03 AM

Yesterday I was not happy when I thought I would lose money. Bitcoin rebounds are in the offing on the virtual currency market - currently capitalized at $ 380 billion, down about $ 100 billion from a week ago. The Bloomberg Galaxy Crypto Index, tracking the evolution of the largest virtual currency market, also fell 14%.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:00:16 AM

Yesterday I was not happy when I thought I would lose money.
If you are not ready and prepared for this type of market then you better pull yourself out of the market.
Bitcoin rebounds are in the offing on the virtual currency market - currently capitalized at $ 380 billion, down about $ 100 billion from a week ago.
Market cap was down to $334B that's so quick, billionaires took profit.
The Bloomberg Galaxy Crypto Index, tracking the evolution of the largest virtual currency market, also fell 14%.
These media aren't really helping, when bitcoin drops they are taking a full coverage on it but when it pumps, there's no noise being heard from them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
candolbitcoin214

Activity: 111

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:40:07 AM

According to data from Coinmarketcap, at 22:00 GMT on May 11, Vietnam Bitcoin traded at $ 8,648, down more than 7% from the previous 24 hours, the lowest level in three weeks.
What is your thought?

Korean's are pretty positive on the digital currency judging their action in here, Possibly trying to get higher percentage of share in the market to be able to control it.,well, this surely has a major effect on the world wide price hoping for some positive effects.
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:41:59 AM

What is your thought?
Too bad for those who lost their bitcoins when korean exchange was ransacked, that's why experienced users stronly advices newbies to not store cryptocurrencies on exchanges even if it is convenient. My thought here is that the dump we are seeing now is merely a correction, so I wouldn't call it a drop because IMO btc is a little overpriced before the drop. Now, I am seeing a healthier market despite it being priced at 7403$ according to coinmarketcap.
This might be an interesting read regarding this bit of news from OP: https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/914506/Bitcoin-price-cryptocurrency-value-2018-North-Korea-South-Korea-Kim-Jong-un-Ripple
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:03:32 PM

Too bad for those who lost their bitcoins when korean exchange was ransacked, that's why experienced users stronly advices newbies to not store cryptocurrencies on exchanges even if it is convenient. My thought here is that the dump we are seeing now is merely a correction, so I wouldn't call it a drop because IMO btc is a little overpriced before the drop. Now, I am seeing a healthier market despite it being priced at 7403$ according to coinmarketcap.
This might be an interesting read regarding this bit of news from OP: https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/914506/Bitcoin-price-cryptocurrency-value-2018-North-Korea-South-Korea-Kim-Jong-un-Ripple
I really do not know why newbies do not listen to our advice, one of the most common advices is that you should never store your coins in an exchange there are many things that can happen, the exchange may disappear, the exchange may get hacked, maybe a worker in the exchange steals the funds or a government may intervene and seize the exchange, I know it is a lot more convenient to keep your coins there but then people that do that should not cry about losing their coins, if they care so much about their coins they should have taken measures to protect them.
Zct2002

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:39:58 PM

What is your thought?

Whenever there is a news like this, usually the market price react negatively so we can experience a further drop in value in the next couple of days because of this news but this will be resolve very soon and everything will be back to normal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: