Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacked?  (Read 628 times)
bonecrshr (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:15:55 PM

Hi all- new to the forum and bitcoins in general- been playing around a bit for about a month and got three units up and running with a lot of reading.  My question is- overnight my miners seemed to be running ok logging on them directly but the pool show a significant discrepancy in the hashes-

On unit is a 5gh block erupter running cgminer, second a 25gh running minepeon(bfgminer), third a a single card bitfury running v2.  All units are hashing correctly when logged into but the mining pool show little to nothing.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Olly_K

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:18:03 PM

try a different pool ?

All 3 devices running on different workers ?
alose

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:31:43 PM

On the hashing programs there should be spots that show accepted shares, rejected shares and Hardware errors. Are you getting alot of rejects or hardware errors. On some pools they will suspend your miners if they have lots of either. For what its worth I have always had good luck with slush's pool for bitcoin.
BitLand

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:51:21 PM

that is too bad :/
logitechmota

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:58:07 PM

getting hacked is the worst thing ever.. sorry for your lose and pools can always be fishy
bonecrshr (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:06:45 PM

I'm using slush's pool and have been till I shut everything down this am. The logs on all three show less than % error.

If I've been hacked do I just need to reflash the sd's and start over?
Olly_K

Activity: 361

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:09:06 PM

i dont think you've been hacked dude
Sheldor333

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:09:58 PM

Just install a fresh copy of your OS, that is the only way to be completely sure. Yes you will lose time but better that then lose even more. Also try different pool.

bonecrshr (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:17:24 PM

i dont think you've been hacked dude

Ok if not hacked then what could it be?  I just came home and tried firing them back up.  They are each running on their own worker on slush's pool. My internet connection is working fine.

The 5gh block erupter unit seems to be running at 5 on the pool

The 25gh butterfly labs unit is running at 3.4 on the pool(logged in running at 26)

The 25gh bitfury is running at 1.4 on the pool(logged in running at 29)

I am kinda stumped here- gonna try an SD card reflash on the bitfury and see what happens.  Anyone have any other ideas?
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1304

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:16:49 AM

Have you considered setting up your own stratum proxy for the block erupter and the other? Iirc, I was running a BE on Slush's pool back in May and to get it working at a reasonable rate, it needed a stratum proxy to do so.  It has been since May/June when I set it up, so going from memory.

There is info stratum on mining.bitcoin.cz and in the thread here, but I bet that will be your issue.  I doubt it has been hacked.

The proxy keeps the ASICs well fed with work while without them they run out of work to do.

Wotancoin

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:34:16 AM

i feel sorry for you. pm if i could help you.
bonecrshr (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:24:44 AM

Ok- so strangely enuf I reflashed the SD on the Bitfury and the counts are back up.  I guess maybe the card got corrupted?, just not really sure how that would have affected the other two workers.

I am interested in the stratum proxy to see if that will maximize so I will read into that some.

Just out of curiosity- I have the 3 units working on 3 workers, what would happen if I just had them all go to one worker?  Thanks for all the input here.  Very appreciated!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: