Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2017, 11:07:54 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin just stopped working, errors out.  (Read 427 times)
Kaninm

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 08:47:24 PM

Hello, hopping someone might provide some insight to a problem that I've started having with the bitcoin program.

Randomly a week ago (after a restart) bitcoin started erroring out with a failed to load blkindex.dat message. I tried completely uninstalling it (including deleting all data files associated with it) and reinstalling. It works for a day, then eventually errors again. I just formatted and reinstalled windows yesturday and it was working fine, until I get home today and it wont load again, same error.

Anybody have any ideas?

Sharecoin: SRNnLFoq789oETzNiW2p5nK9CXPfQuf2Er
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Icoin

Activity: 585

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2011, 09:40:39 PM

Usualy when i get this error it helps when i delete all files exept the wallet.dat in the /.bitcoin folder (its located in the appdata/remote directory

Kaninm

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 11:49:09 PM

Usualy when i get this error it helps when i delete all files exept the wallet.dat in the /.bitcoin folder (its located in the appdata/remote directory

Already tried multiple times, and the format and reload of windows def took care of it. No luck though =(

Sharecoin: SRNnLFoq789oETzNiW2p5nK9CXPfQuf2Er
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.