Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:40:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinwisdom chart  (Read 2590 times)
FenixRD

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:44:01 PM

... This shit is not rocket science, and it is definitely not super secret Bitcoin insider knowledge. Do a minimum amount of fucking legwork. Nothing valuable in life will ever be delivered to you on a silver platter.

100% agreed.

I had no idea how all this stuff worked when I first got into Bitcoin, but I read and Googled and read some more. It's not only more efficient in almost every case, it's also more rewarding to figure stuff out on your own instead of asking for someone to spell it out for you.

Precisely. Only you know what you know and don't know. Teachers make classes around a core curriculum, and almost everyone will know half of what's taught, but it'll be different halves for everyone. Teaching yourself is the most efficient method by far, for any topic that is freely available like this.

And before anyone gets all whiny about my "firmness" on this... If you look at all my posts and replies you'll find that I'm very willing to spend a lot of time on a lot of stuff, and I'm never a dick. This is just one of a very small list of things that really, truly pisses me off. My dad's generation didn't have the internet and had to write lists of questions, go to libraries and search card catalogs, or ask friends who may or may not have been correct. We have the entirety of human knowledge at our fingertips and you faggots are too lazy to learn to google anything fancier than "facebook" to avoid typing the ".com". Jesus holy fuck, our species is doomed.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:26:09 PM

... This shit is not rocket science, and it is definitely not super secret Bitcoin insider knowledge. Do a minimum amount of fucking legwork. Nothing valuable in life will ever be delivered to you on a silver platter.

100% agreed.

I had no idea how all this stuff worked when I first got into Bitcoin, but I read and Googled and read some more. It's not only more efficient in almost every case, it's also more rewarding to figure stuff out on your own instead of asking for someone to spell it out for you.

Precisely. Only you know what you know and don't know. Teachers make classes around a core curriculum, and almost everyone will know half of what's taught, but it'll be different halves for everyone. Teaching yourself is the most efficient method by far, for any topic that is freely available like this.

And before anyone gets all whiny about my "firmness" on this... If you look at all my posts and replies you'll find that I'm very willing to spend a lot of time on a lot of stuff, and I'm never a dick. This is just one of a very small list of things that really, truly pisses me off. My dad's generation didn't have the internet and had to write lists of questions, go to libraries and search card catalogs, or ask friends who may or may not have been correct. We have the entirety of human knowledge at our fingertips and you faggots are too lazy to learn to google anything fancier than "facebook" to avoid typing the ".com". Jesus holy fuck, our species is doomed.

The more technologically advanced we are the more lazy we become. Back in the days you had to run to a friend, borrow a program, bring it home on a bunch of floppys and learn to use it. Right now there are instructions everywhere but instead of reading those people would prefer if somebody came to their house and set up everything so they can press enter and go back to stroking their sausages or whatever they were doing.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 01:28:00 AM

What I really don't get is, it wasn't that long ago that I knew absolutely zero about any of this. And I managed to learn without asking a single question. That saying, the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked? No. That's potentially dumb, but asking questions that are answered on page 1 of Google are the dumbest of all.

Guys, seriously, click stuff and explore, it doesn't take that long to put the pieces together, and you'll understand it much better than some shit that I can write here. I can't fathom being a newbie and not clicking Settings in bitcoinwisdom as like, the second thing I do. What can I change, and what does that tell me? MA, EMA, none. What is different? What does that mean anyway? Maybe google "EMA vs MA"? The TOP FUCKING RESULT:
http://www.investopedia.com/.../simple-exponential-moving-averages-compare.asp

There are also brief descriptions when you click Indicator Parameters, when you hover on the "?". This shit is not rocket science, and it is definitely not super secret Bitcoin insider knowledge. Do a minimum amount of fucking legwork. Nothing valuable in life will ever be delivered to you on a silver platter.

100% agreed.

I agree with you there, but it doesn't mean that FenixRD had to be such a dick about it. A bit of a friendly piss-take, sure, and a few nudges in the right direction like bitpop did, but venting so much spleen about a n00b question is not pleasant, and not useful for anyone who might google the same question and end up here. Unfortunately, n00b bashing does seem to be a general tradition of bitcointalk threads.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 06:24:57 AM

I think you pushed his buttons when you bragged about your credentials. Usually when people have to say something it's not true.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 07:48:36 AM

I think you pushed his buttons when you bragged about your credentials. Usually when people have to say something it's not true.

Wha?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 07:58:17 AM

Sorry *he

Oregano, thanks for the clarification. However, usually 6h intervals means 6h intervals. But on bitcoinwisdom that is not the case. Hence the question.

My primary question though is "what is the exact interpretation of the green and red slopes to the right of top chart when dealing with 15 min time intervals". Ha ha, yes green is up and red is down. I'm asking for a more precise description of how it's calculated and how it influences where the market goes. As a research physicist at a top tier university I'm sorry if my lack of economics knowledge is not on par with all you geniuses. Cool I clearly need some education.

Fenix, I only skimmed what you wrote but it seems you're still not answering the question. All I really read is your omission that you have no friends. I'm sorry to hear that, but not terribly surprised based on our brief and not terribly illuminating interaction. The impression I get is you like to write, probably as an outlet for your lack of friendships. Why don't you try answering the question this time. Shall we go for round five? You can do it!

Nope, you just need education on getting self-educated. Which I tried, and now so has bitpop. Without that ability, you are certainly the worst "top-tier university" research physicist that I have ever witnessed. And I know a few. (Most of us here learned economics as at least a second field of interest, and the first was usually engineering of some kind.)

mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:31:10 PM

So, my air of "you're an idiot" that you detected is fairly accurate. I have largely given up on most friendships, because I always wind up with a rep for being "walking wikipedia" and many of those so-called friends approach me for even the simplest of things.

LOL!
No, dude.
You had to give up on friendship because you're a douchebag.
You clearly take the time to write several posts about how you don't want to answer questions that you know the answers to.
I mean, just the first sentence of your first post in this thread would have been enough to make your point.
But no, you somehow felt the need to dedicate multiple posts to how you won't disseminate the information that was given to you by others.

I can see why you can't have friends but i fail to see how it is somehow their fault.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 12:53:52 PM

Answer by Christie Apperwhite to How do I get over my low tolerance of stupid people? http://www.quora.com/Stupidity/How-do-I-get-over-my-low-tolerance-of-stupid-people/answer/Christie-Apperwhite?srid=UBE&share=1

FenixRD

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:25:26 PM

So, my air of "you're an idiot" that you detected is fairly accurate. I have largely given up on most friendships, because I always wind up with a rep for being "walking wikipedia" and many of those so-called friends approach me for even the simplest of things.

LOL!
No, dude.
You had to give up on friendship because you're a douchebag.
You clearly take the time to write several posts about how you don't want to answer questions that you know the answers to.
I mean, just the first sentence of your first post in this thread would have been enough to make your point.
But no, you somehow felt the need to dedicate multiple posts to how you won't disseminate the information that was given to you by others.

I can see why you can't have friends but i fail to see how it is somehow their fault.

Most =! all. (Two of three brothers are pretty great fellows, and I'm happily married to my best friend, who is brilliant and in different ways than I, and we both appreciate each other and don't take these things for granted.) You are not the first in this thread to disregard such an important distinction. People do that, perhaps subconsciously, to bolster their argument (FenixRD is a douche and has zero friends by his own admission!) but when I see that sort of thing I cannot help but de-weight any desire to listen to your argument for validity, because you've already shown yourself willing to play politics with words and distort truth.

I also did not say it was their fault. It is clear that almost all people kinda suck, but most people probably don't consciously realize they are driving me away by not being more selective with the amount of shit they lean on me. It is not their fault necessarily that I have information they would like. I would love to give it to them all. I spent the first quarter of my life "wasting my time" in that way, only to get abused for being such a show-off, an intellectual elitist, whatever. Just as many as were grateful were resentful, and yet both kinds would still come to query Walking Google.

I put "wasting my time" in quotes becuase while it is not a bad pursuit, after a couple decades I finally realized i could do far more for people by not helping them at the individual level. That is almost always best left to the individual. Decisions and designs that affect the macro level and shape society are far more worthy, even if you care about individuals, which I do.

I could also give up on even writing these sorts of things (or just answer them, as it is always proposed, ignoring the issue). And you probably underestimate my keyrate. But really, I'm still holding on to a shred of belief that the concept of that whole "teach a man to fish" bit can spread, thus benefiting society and reversing our trend toward Idiocracy. Because, as you misrepresent despite it being so goddamned clear throughout the thread, nobody "gave me the information" at all. I reconstructed it myself using the exact same sources available to OP and every other English-speaking person on this planet with internet access. Most of my knowledge comes from the fact that while you were playing Angry Birds for the 17 trillionth time, I was reading.

Also, I had to unignore you to reply. I dont remember why I had ignored you. I dont think we've interacted before, so I can only assume it was due to a series of especially useless posts polluting a thread I was watching at some point. (I rarely feel the need to actually hit ignore.) So, I look forward to seeing how this goes.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: