Bitcoin Forum
August 24, 2024, 06:21:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Way To Get BTC Out Of Multibit  (Read 793 times)
alyosha (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:24:12 PM

What is the best way to get BTC Out Of multibit?

all the wallets disappeared.
reloaded the backups, but multibit won't recognize most of them.
all the totals are off
says another program changed the wallet so no updates and no instructions on how to deal with that error and no support.

further they want a fee to transfer from one wallet to another in the same program

Apparently, the program is more than buggie, how do I get the wallets off of multibit and what other programs are better?

thanks

filchef

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:56:48 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 12:28:30 PM by filchef

What is the best way to get BTC Out Of multibit?

all the wallets disappeared.
reloaded the backups, but multibit won't recognize most of them.
all the totals are off
says another program changed the wallet so no updates and no instructions on how to deal with that error and no support.

further they want a fee to transfer from one wallet to another in the same program

Apparently, the program is more than buggie, how do I get the wallets off of multibit and what other programs are better?

thanks

Which version of Myltibit you are using.
For me last stable version is 0.5.14 - 0.5.15 and 0.5.16 are more buggie and with less functions.

For recognizing corrupt wallet i can't help you. You must have backup of them if you don't have - try to open corrupt wallet from more older date from folder multibit-data or name of wallet-data - inside there are 4 backup folders one for key which is empty and 3 for backups wallet - try if some *.wallet file will be don't corrupt.

So for transfer amount from one wallet to another without the fee you have to export private key from this wallet and import them to wallet you like this will merge this two wallets - I did this without password for private keys because can see in text editor like Notepad++ date of more older private key and then can reset blockchain from date before this date.

So if you like you can export all yours private keys from all your Multibit wallets and import them to Bitcoin-Qt - classic bitcoin wallet and forget for Multibit.How to do this you can read this topic - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336404.0
You have to know Bitcoin-Qt need about 15GB space of your disk C:/ and need 4-5 days to download blocchain and synchronize.
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 12:24:16 PM

There is a help note on how to export your private keys into blockchain.info here:
https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_movingAWallet.html

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: