Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 02:21:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New, curious and planning ahead  (Read 475 times)
aspect_ratio (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:35:45 PM

Hi all! I've just been getting into altcoins over Christmas and currently hooked on lottocoin

My current rig is getting about 800kh/s on average at https://lot.nut2pools.com.
Just a couple of questions re. the hashrate...

Can anyone tell me which is the most accurate measurement of actual hashrate? i.e. the figure on CGMiner, The dashboard, or the combined monitored figure on the workers page? Also, any idea what's the best way to decide the payout threshold?

Looking ahead I can see there's quite a bit of hype about the new dedicated Scrypt miner hardware coming out of Cryptoindustries  (See: http://www.cryptoindustries.com/?product=horus-10mh). This looks like a very profitable way forward but I can see it creating a pretty big divide between amateur/proffesional miners and making the difficulty of altcoins going up very suddenly. Does anyone know how to put a reservation down on one of these devices or are they all sold out in advance? If so, where's the best place to check for availability updates? Is it likely we'll be seeing them on ebay anytime this month?

Thanks for reading, look forward to being a member of the community,

Twitter: @altcoin_crazy
LottoCoin Address: LuYjdnAWzXXUjY92TFMcJ8JfopK2VatKmF
bennuhana

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:40:06 PM

I would wait for them to hit the market before placing an order.
olinnebit

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:42:17 PM

The hashrate as shown in CGminer should be the correct one

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: