Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:20:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BE CAREFUL ACCEPTING VENMO FOR BTC OR LTC!!!!!  (Read 2285 times)
ezdocs (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:02:57 PM

I'm not sure if I have just been scammed or what.... But I just sold 5 BTC for $3870.52

HOWEVER....

I had to sign up for a Venmo account just to get paid. The guy claimed that's all he had... so I signed up. Now I'm stuck with this shit and my bank isn't allowed for a Venmo "Cashout".

Any help would be appreciated. IDK where to begin or where to attempt to even recover my money.

eximo

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:23:42 PM

I am looking to sell some BTC and am pretty sure I can cash out to my bank via venmo.  I could possibly help you out...
ezdocs (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:19:47 PM

I am looking to sell some BTC and am pretty sure I can cash out to my bank via venmo.  I could possibly help you out...

I'd definitely appreciate any help I can get with this. I'm at work now and have been looking for local business (or business period) that accept Venmo. I found a few good deals on Craigslist.... but something about them didn't seem right. All of them wanted to ship the item to me instead of allowing me to pick it up in person.

On another note, how many BTC are you looking to sell? And do you have a LocalBitcoins account? I'd prefer to use them for escrow if you don't mind. Just trying to make sure we both are insured/protected.

Thanks
eximo

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:45:26 PM

I think it would be hard to find real reputable vendors selling stuff for venmo.  As far as I know it is really only meant as a friend to friend mobile payment system, not really for businesses. I've heard stories of people having hard time with streams of cash running through their accounts, but just stories from forums, so who really knows. 

I'd be able to sell you 2.5 btc now, should have a few more in a couple days but I wouldn't want to sell you them all right away.  I have not used localbitcoins yet.  I have usually just sold for cash in person but I can take a look

ezdocs (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:33:45 PM

I think it would be hard to find real reputable vendors selling stuff for venmo.  As far as I know it is really only meant as a friend to friend mobile payment system, not really for businesses. I've heard stories of people having hard time with streams of cash running through their accounts, but just stories from forums, so who really knows. 

I'd be able to sell you 2.5 btc now, should have a few more in a couple days but I wouldn't want to sell you them all right away.  I have not used localbitcoins yet.  I have usually just sold for cash in person but I can take a look

Cool... I'm at work now. I get off in an hour. When I get home, I'll be able to type more. When you sign up on Localbitcoins... let me know and I'll make create an ad for venmo. Thanks.
vadoff

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:10:50 PM

If your Venmo account is new it might have trouble cashing out right away. You should contact Venmo support about it.
I've been using it for a while and haven't had any problems so far.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: