Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:13:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Litecoin Boat has not Sailed Yet...  (Read 883 times)
StewartJ (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:21:43 PM

Have been noticing some comments on threads and trollboxes that LTC is "overvalued" or that it's in a "bubble."

They have been saying that about Litecoin since it was just $0.008 per LTC in early 2012.

Since then, it has incrementally doubled itself, repeatedly, on virtually no other fact that it is literally
the 2nd virtual coin after Bitcoin.

And now that Bitcoin has continued to prosper, and has become more accepted and understood in the
mainstream news, Litecoin has itself become more recognized and risen in value even more.

2014 should be LTC's breakout year (like 2013 was for Bitcoin) for these reasons...

- LTC is a much cheaper way to invest in virtual currency than Bitcoin
- LTC does not have the taint of Bitcoin's dark side, i.e. Silk Road
- LTC has potential to be adopted by established BTC exchanges, (Gox, Coinbase, China)
- LTC has Charlie Lee, the LTC Dev now working for Coinbase, and his brother who owns BtcChina
- LTC is functionally more secure, faster and has 4x the quantity of Bitcoin
- LTC mining is now far more profitable than Bitcoin mining now

All I am saying is that the LTC boat has not sailed yet, and you can still get on.
Its just gonna cost you a little more.  Like when you could of gotten bitcoin for $25 not too long ago...  

LTC hitting $50-$100 range by mid to late 2014, that's my conservative guess.

My Karma is clean and I have pointed the way... good luck to you Alt Coiners!

Stew
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 10:02:17 PM

Of course it has not sailed yet, the thing is still vulnerable, once it gets ASICs that are seriously way more efficient than GPUs then it will be time to sail.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
tasorrog

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

LE HAPPY MERCHANT

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:29:08 PM

You might be right or wrong, only time will tell  Smiley
Kruncha

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:39:30 PM

More power = more network security, and the ability to trust less confirmations.

Litecoin will always be the second to Bitcoin.

I hope DGC and WDC have a place in the top 5 also.

K.
CaptainPicard

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:43:55 PM

OP, you're actually trying to make a serious post to rebut something you read in a troll box?  Huh

Look at Litecoin's chart.  Those that cannot see the long term uptrend of this coin are blind.  The volatility we're seeing along the way is just an opportunity for some additional returns.
imamanandyou

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:45:01 PM

Of course it has not sailed yet, the thing is still vulnerable, once it gets ASICs that are seriously way more efficient than GPUs then it will be time to sail.

-MarkM-

It will be bad if Scrypt ASICs comes, I have few GPUs mining profitably. I guess coin profitable mined with GPU replace LTC after Scrypt ASICs

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 12:22:12 AM

There are shitloads of profitable scams you can use to keep up your GPU addiction habit.

For a real currency we need real security.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
rix5

Activity: 271

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:19:41 AM

ltc likes to rise like mad, then cool down, then rise like mad again. Interesting patterns it has. Yes, we will see 100$ for sure.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:25:40 AM

ltc likes to rise like mad, then cool down, then rise like mad again. Interesting patterns it has. Yes, we will see 100$ for sure.

I take it you have mortgage on your house and are all-in on litecoin?
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:04:22 AM

I take it you have mortgage on your house and are all-in on litecoin?
(he has one litecoin shhhh)

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:28:38 AM

All I am saying is that the LTC boat has not sailed yet, and you can still get on.
Its just gonna cost you a little more.  Like when you could of gotten bitcoin for $25 not too long ago...  

LTC hitting $50-$100 range by mid to late 2014, that's my conservative guess.

Well I agree with you here, but sadly theisalt-forum is mostly used for spamming pump and dumps and I doubt this thread will float at the top for long. Most people who want to talk about LTC moved over to https://litecointalk.org/ during the Spring/Summer of 2013.

Very few if any alts have truly improved on Litecoin, most are just a fork of it with simplistic changes (see FTC etc).

With Litecoin, you get the real deal, a scrypt coin with a big market cap which has huge potential to go up and has talented, long term commited devs. There is a real market to spend them as they are already well known. Litecoin isnt going anywhere but up, and there are very, very few coins you can really say that about.

Sure, you could maybe make a few extra bucks trying one of these shamcoins going for a 100x profit in a month, or you could lose your entire investment in a matter of hours while you are asleep. With Litecoin, you have the real deal and can sleep easy knowing that good devs are behind it and its not going anywhere anytime soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: