Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:15:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: IRENE - With the NE being hit by a storm, will the Thash rate go ...  (Voting closed: August 28, 2011, 10:29:14 PM)
Will go Below 10 Thash! - - 21 (38.9%)
Stay above 10 Thash - 25 (46.3%)
Botnet will get new proxy - going over 15Thash! - 3 (5.6%)
Below 8 Thash , all the juice is in the NE! - 5 (9.3%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL Going under 10 Thash because of Irene Vote now!  (Read 2714 times)
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 10:29:14 PM

Enjoy!

think it will take a good Thash off!

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lord F(r)og
Donator

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 11:26:28 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2011, 11:41:27 PM by Lord Fog

OK, I figured it out @ http://www.google.com/insights/search/#q=%22bitcoin+mining%22 - btcmining is wildy spread across the USA. But what's about the worldwide hasrate? Will millions of eastcoast citizens (the press blowing it right into my ear) without power affect worldwide hasrate significantly? The only conclusion to draw is the density of miners @ eastcoast...

edit: of cause not density but eastcoast hashing power!
Turbo4000

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 11:34:12 PM

Me and my ~100 Mhash are probably going to be offline for Irene... although 100 Mhash when talking about Thash is pretty much irrelevant.

However, if everyone who thought they were irrelevant didn't mine, I bet the rate would go down significantly.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 11:39:29 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2011, 02:09:45 PM by Jack of Diamonds

Will go below 10 terahash/s tomorrow guaranteed. Not just because of the storm but the low price of BTC.

When price rises it will return back up.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Lord F(r)og
Donator

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 11:44:04 PM

Me and my ~100 Mhash are probably going to be offline for Irene... although 100 Mhash when talking about Thash is pretty much irrelevant.

However, if everyone who thought they were irrelevant didn't mine, I bet the rate would go down significantly.

wishing you all the best! seeing you (m)hashing back again...
PwrLeveld

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Computta Mine Your Own BTC

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 11:51:45 PM

I took my aprox. 300 mhash from my 5830 offline for now, although it is mostly because I can't bear the heat at the moment but I might go back online soon.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
Lord F(r)og
Donator

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 12:12:01 AM

"...can't bear the heat", looks like you're a real cool one. How is it going, something flying around your window? I would have a lot of humility for "Irene the peacefully". Although I'm a little jealous for that experience.
PwrLeveld

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 12:34:11 AM

"...can't bear the heat", looks like you're a real cool one. How is it going, something flying around your window? I would have a lot of humility for "Irene the peacefully". Although I'm a little jealous for that experience.

Well, I live in new engand so we are just getting the first bands now and the huricane will likely be a tropical storm when it hits. It is only hot because I don't have ventilation in my room. :/ (Well we have a full house air conditioning system, but it doesn't turn back on because there isn't a temp sensor in my room) So, really its not fun having a 80C gpu running while trying to sleep.

I actually just brought my 5830 back online, because I figured I might as well because my computer is alread on. So I cranked up the fan, now I just wish I didn't give my sister her headphones back.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
Lord F(r)og
Donator

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 12:54:57 AM

here in good old germany (situated near Berlin) we are not experienced with tropical storms for now, but I'm imagining what natural energies are rolling on to you. This is a century event for sure. Enjoy if you can. All I have to say keep your head up high and get that headphones back! That noise must be distinguishing!
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3521

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 01:12:35 AM

most of my 860 Mhash will be offline if the power is out. have a generator and cellular internet so if the cell tower still exists and has power  Ill probably have one rig mining off and on. but Im not gonna waste too much generator power on mining.. the well, freezer, fridge, microwave and coffee maker get priority Smiley

staye safe east coasters, we will just ride it out yeee ha!
Lord F(r)og
Donator

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 01:29:33 AM

howeee, ride the bullet!
PwrLeveld

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 01:49:28 AM

here in good old germany (situated near Berlin) we are not experienced with tropical storms for now, but I'm imagining what natural energies are rolling on to you. This is a century event for sure. Enjoy if you can. All I have to say keep your head up high and get that headphones back! That noise must be distinguishing!

Sadly, I can't she took them to college this week. Angry So, It's time to buy some on my own, good thing I think I have a hefty computer cleanup job coming  Grin, I'll charge 30-40 and will have almost enough for some seinheisers(I don't know how to spell)

Lord F(r)og
Donator

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 02:11:23 AM

Sennheiser, I can't emphasize it enough: pure german engineering is worth the money. What do you mean by "hefty computer cleanup job coming"? Hope your're alright!
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 02:34:54 AM

Geez - if I was like you guys, ie> in the path, I would shut down mining as soon as the winds pickup - sometimes when power goes out it will trip on and off 10 or 20 times quick, very bad for computers running at max - even with surge protectors!

Tasty Champa

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 02:42:24 AM

Geez - if I was like you guys, ie> in the path, I would shut down mining as soon as the winds pickup - sometimes when power goes out it will trip on and off 10 or 20 times quick, very bad for computers running at max - even with surge protectors!

That reminds me of the importance of UPS.
PwrLeveld

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 03:13:02 AM

Contrary to what people think the storm actually is not that bad anymore, it hasn't hit me yet, but the fastest wind speeds being recorded by noaa are 40knts on the water. This is the area the speeds will be fastest, and it is not even windy near me yet(new england). So, I'll mine untill I feel the need to shut off my computer and move it away from the window. Tongue

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 03:17:59 AM

Contrary to what people think the storm actually is not that bad anymore, it hasn't hit me yet, but the fastest wind speeds being recorded by noaa are 40knts on the water. This is the area the speeds will be fastest, and it is not even windy near me yet(new england). So, I'll mine untill I feel the need to shut off my computer and move it away from the window. Tongue

lol winds? what about 22 inches of rain in 6 hours....

http://www.accuweather.com/us/radar/24hr/va_/radar.asp

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 03:19:41 AM

Ya very true. I always saved those for lights and small items (never try to run a coffee maker off them ), well unless it can handle 10 amps

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3521

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 07:03:33 AM

yup, thats the plan. actually, the NOAA radio alarm went off 1/2 ago (flash flood warning) and thunderstorms are on the way. Irene is still 6 hours away more or less but all electronics are now off and unplugged except for this rig on a UPS. its still mining away heh but Ill shut the miner off when it gets bad to extend UPS run time a bit.
helloworld

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 08:22:01 AM

For the price vs convenience of UPS it surprises me that so few people have them.

The first time I got saved by the UPS with 1000 windows open was heaven compared to the alternative.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: